If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People who try to open doors to personal spots (bedroom, bathroom, etc) before knocking

edited 2013-02-04 18:51:05 in Meatspace
No rainbow star
Just happened to me. They nearly walked in (one of the few times I forgot to lock the door). People, KNOCK FIRST! If the person doesn't answer, THEN try the knob!

Gah!

Comments

• edited 2013-02-04 19:02:46
    But you never had any to begin with.

...There are bathrooms without locks? (Yeah, I know you said you forgot, but people are generally going to expect the door to, be, yannow, locked.)

• No rainbow star
    If one is in a rush or whatever else, they may not remember to lock the door behind them (fuck, in grade 1 a kindergarten teacher ended up causing me to expose myself to her whole class by assuming every single kid in an elementary school would remember to lock the fucking door. Yes this problem is probably responsible for my oddly specific fear of closed, unlocked bathroom doors (very rare I forget to lock it due to that))
  • No rainbow star
    The way they try to open them, they seem to try to fling it open. And I never hear a hurried run to or from the door. Sometimes they shuffle along as they talk to someone, then try to FLING it open. So it's as if they assume that it is always empty

These bathrooms tend to always have the door open if nobody is in it either

Anyways, this also happens with bedrooms and the such

I swear, one day I'll be about to open the door, it will swing open and smash my face, and I'm going to end up with a police record >.<
  • International roomies that plague you with questions while you're browsing shock vids is always good for a laugh, though.