If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People who think they know everything

edited 2013-02-03 15:23:03 in Meatspace
No rainbow star
My coworker just... Gah. He telld me thst the only medicine he uses is echanasia (sp?) because all other stuff (even aspirin) isn't "natural" and destroys your body by "poisoning" it. Hell, he's lactose intolerant and seems sceptical of lactase pills

Also, he says that if he ever has kids and they smoke, he'd make them smoke a ton ala King of the Hill to make them not addicted, and he's a know it all who refuses to accept that he could be wrong about something

Comments

• No rainbow star
    Just gave him the implied facepalm look

Why?

He just told me he had drank enough pop to strip all the enamel off his teeth

Either a blatant lie or else "poisonous" medicine is the least of his concerns
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

I'm reminded of that one argument that just because something is 'natural' doesn't make it good for you, since "you know what else is natural? Bears."

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

"You know what else is natural? Arsenic."

But seriously, his kids are in danger.

• No rainbow star
    Luckily he's 17 so there is still hope that he snaps out of it

Still though, he's not the only one that bad that I've met :<
  • I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

I worry that I do this sometimes, too be honest, but I try to have the self-awareness to not talk about things I don't know enough about or bow out once things get out of my league.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-02-03 21:11:09

Eh.  I can at least understand the reluctance to pump yourself full of pills, since I tend to get toxicity reactions to a lot of different kinds of medication (probably since the first six years of my life were basically one long series of infections and I was constantly on meds).

My mother is really irritating with the herbal crap too though.  At least echinacea isn't really chemically significant enough to do much to you one way or the other.

The smoking thing...doesn't inspire much confidence.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I often find the sort of people who like to talk about things like how all of modern medicine is all wrong and stuff -- and among such people are, frequently, lots of conspiracy theorists, like birthers, truthers, and the like -- to be really full of hubris.

• No rainbow star
    ^^ I can understand it too (I'm much happier pilless, and my psychiatrist noted that I appear to be better off without them). Hence why I believe in researching it. Blindly hating medicine is justvas foolish as blindly worshipping it

And yeah the cigs thing worries me too
  • That's funny.

I actually do know everything.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

then, kraken

what is the ultimate question

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^then what does it mean to be a buttwizard?

• edited 2013-02-04 00:07:53
    I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

Wrong thread

• The ultimate question is "Why?"

To be a buttwizard is to know joy unceasing.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2013-02-04 02:35:21

^^^Isn't that the D&D trick where you make a broken Escape Artist to fit into someone's ass and then Righteous Might to grow and explode it?

• No rainbow star

^ What, no shrink spells in D&D?

• DC80 Escape Artist (or something) on a halfling can squeeze into a square inch.

• No rainbow star

Oh my jeez how is that even possible that reads like the start to a Fatal quest involving plundering anal booty

• Like I said. Joy unceasing.
  • Found it.  Number 12 at the very bottom.

• edited 2013-02-04 16:46:18
    Diet NEET

More in-depth discussion on sphincter spelunking: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/921167/

• Champion of the Whales

Can't you ignore this loony?

• No rainbow star
    Most days I work, him and I are on register at the same time
  • Champion of the Whales

What do you mean?

• No rainbow star
    We are right beside each other for hours
  • Champion of the Whales

Oh, that is awkward