If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

No, not wrong thread.

It's the OP of Lagrange.

• edited 2013-01-18 03:42:36
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Uta~Kata 05: This episode was integral to the understanding of Ichika's character growth and I really like where she's headed as a person. I'm glad this wasn't used as an opportunity to introduce unnecessary romance drama, but to teach her that there will be times when somebody is powerless to help their friends, and also that sight... no, knowledge of sight and the ability to understand what you see (magically enhanced or not)is both a blessing and a curse. 

Transformation for this episode was also very cool.

Poor Satsuki...

In fact, people bottling up their emotions and words in general has become a prominent theme in Uta~Kata. Obviously Manatsu is hiding something concerning the djinn, but Ichika is now a whole mess of emotions that she hides behind lie after lie, Satsuki has unresolved issues with the guy in this episode and refuses to let anybody know anything about the kiss (she even asks Ichika to never mention her crying) and not to forget Kai and Sei, who are obviously the Ichika and Manatsu of six years ago.

Uta~Kata 06: Ichika acknowledges that she's hiding what the Djinn truly make her feel from both Manatsu and the diary and that's good, the rest of the episode focuses on a misunderstood conversation that Ichika hears between Saya and Sei.

Of course she knows nothing about their magical dealings and this allows for an episode that showcases a sad and embarrassed teenage girl to just live out a nightmare, it's sick, but it's the kind of sick that needs to be done.

Transformation was good and surprisingly relevant to the series as a whole I'm assuming ("Even when the clouds are dark it's not like the sun's gone away..." they really think I'll just miss that.)

One could say that this was just a lot of set up, but I think showing the interactions between a limited set of characters (unlike having the entire main cast as we usually do) helps this episode act as both set up and a set to showcase exactly what the Djinn's sight is doing to Ichika, she's become a nervous wreck (albeit with glowing red eyes). It also shows Manatsu in the role of the priestess of doom (hopefully I'll find a better name for her than this, but I think that gets the message across), which is a role usually hidden under her veil of happiness.

Next Time!: We move on to the Black portion of the charm. As I'm obsessed with the symbolism, I'm assuming that means the loss of what's left of Ichika's innocence. Oh, plus more Kai and Sei.

Other Thoughts? I want to marathon through the rest of this by doing 3-4 next week because the suspense is honestly killing me (luckily I've forgotten all the spoilers from the thread aside from Saya is a benevolent witch and it ends with Ichika and a boy in a room), but my 2 per week schedule helps me kind of take in each episode's themes better and I don't want it to be over yet ;_;

• edited 2013-01-18 13:49:14

@DYRE, this post I'm genuinely surprised that there aren't more such series. And yeah, not looking for untranslated VNs or eroges since I probably wouldn't be able to navigate...

No, not wrong thread.
    It's the OP of Lagrange.

Ooh, can you give me your opinion on this? (press the big play button only once. Pressing twice takes you to the video's actual page on niconico)

Nice idea.  Seems like they took the dancing from a different video/song, so the timing is sometimes a bit off.

Would like to see that song join the ranks of various other third-party songs that have gone into the Idolmaster roster, yes.  It would add to the list of more dramatic songs.

One of this year's Mystery Hunt puzzles features a ton of anime characters to be identified.  Can you help?

• edited 2013-01-18 20:48:45
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Join #ducksoup (or #ijbm), we're not allowed to post our team's puzzle server login info publicly.

I think we have most of them now (hat-tip to @DYRE), and we need to figure out what to do with them now.

It's based on Japanese and English voice actors.

Can anyone identify any of the three characters on the left in this picture?

http://unknown634.sytes.net:81/upload/rainbow/3.png

• You can change. You can.

think the middle one is Kurisu from Steins;Gate but I'm like

80% sure on that.

• Doesn't matter anymore anyway.  It's been solved.

Thanks for your help, though!

• edited 2013-01-22 11:18:51

HAKKENDEN IS LISTED WITH ENGLISH SUBS

But I don't know if I like it enough yet to care (Especially since I can't remember anyone's names).

Except Shino, but I just looked up at my post for that.

The puzzle where that came from will be publicly viewable in a few days, when this year's Mystery Hunt organizers post it on the MH website.

I'll link to it when it gets posted.  And the rest of you can enjoy it.  It's quite thoroughly an animé fan's puzzle.

And I was happy to see that one of the characters hailed from a show I recently watched. :D

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Zetsuen no Tempest 14: I like the new OP, it's great (as expected from Kylee)! As for the imagery, I do think that's what they'll be fighting in for the final battle and stuff.

I think Hakaze should have blindsided and killed the mage of Exodus, but she's in a... state right now and I understand why she acted the way she did. As for her relationship with Yoshino? I don't hate it as much as I feel I should. Mahiro and Yoshino are moving towards the sidelines and this Aika fluff should really take a backseat to y'know, world saving, but it's still possible that Yoshino is the mage of Exodus and is just hiding it really well (no one said there was only one person in service to the tree of Exodus, if the tree of Genesis has a clan the tree of Exodus can have a couple followers).

Samon... is an idiot. Even if his theorizing is what led me to think about the possibility of Yoshino being the mage of Exodus, I still think he's an idiot. Evangeline is also an idiot because she could solve this stupid Aika's boyfriend stuff right now.

Anyways, still good, I like it more than I thought I would.

Hakkenden Touhou Hakken Ibun 02: Excuse me, but I'm not sure if anything happened this week. Like... did it? Did the plot somehow advance or was that just heaps and heaps of set up?

There are moments when I feel like I like Hamaji, but then there are others where I feel she could be replaced by a beloved talking dog (Maybe a cat, since we already have Sousuke).

I'm not disputing the set up was fun (Hypocritical fly monk is a hypocrite and I love that) but I want this to kick into gear, let us explore some of this beautiful and creepy landscape, show us demons instead of telling us. Stop forcing Shino into scenes that are essentially the premise to a yaoi doujin.

This could end up being the best shows of the season, it just needs to try more.

Vividred Operation 02: Tomatoes ruin fusion evolution. So not only are they magical girls, they're also tank/fighter jet/weaponry? I like it.

Aoi's transformation is as great as, if not better than Akane's. There was some iffy stuff, the first Docking attempt had a lot of questionable moments, both the weapons being named "Naked X" (though apparently this is to set up "Vivid").

This was basically the biggest most ridiculous episode of a mahou shoujo show ever. And what the heck HomuraRei? What exactly are you up to? I'm actually intrigued!

I'm annoyed by the obvious CG used on the girls. I honestly won't mind if you over CG the mecha and stuff A-1, but the girls look bad, nowhere near as good or as smooth as Satelight with AKB0048.

Himawari is a computer nerd, can't wait for episode 4.

Wonder how many EDs there'll be.

AKB0048 Next Stage 03: [Note: Events not in chronological order] Chieri's going through a terrible time in her life! Her father is using what she loves to hurt everyone! What are we going to-

Oh handshake event! <3

Man this is really bad, what 14 year old girl wants to learn that if she continues doing what she loves everyone else will lose everyth-

Oh! General Election angst! <3

No, Chieri's walked into Tsubasa's office, I hope she doesn-

Oh! Mimori's writing letters to fans! <3

Poor, Chieri, what's going to-

Oh! General Elections! <3

Aaand Episode ends.

D:<

And where was Kanata anyways?

Where is the war you promised us 0048? The fighting? The heartache? The determination? The anything not vapidly idol?

• I recently found out that there's no confirmation whether Magical Suite Prism Nana will actually have an anime. That's kind of disappointing.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

We've known for a while, but SHAFT said they were looking into it so maybe there will be eventually.

I'm not looking forward to it if it does exist though.

There'll be other Mahou Shoujo, and they won't be crazy publicized to the point of death even before confirmation of airing.

• edited 2013-01-24 23:54:08

You forgot to mention:

It's a 25 episode series and will be aired from this autumn. The production studio is Satelight.

My eyes are actually kind of watering. The name is nice too. Premise is decent.

Unfounded comparisons to SAO go!

• edited 2013-01-26 00:33:41

SPOILERS

Uta~Kata 07: A look into Ichika's emotions and there are red eyes.

Fault?: Manatsu is sick (she caught it from Ichika), Ichika's eyes are changing. She's afraid of this, but doesn't want to blame Manatsu (does she think it's too easy?).

Ichika likes Sei, the same Sei she saw with Saya, she's overrun by jealously and embarrassment at her own jealousy (wow complex emotions >_>). Is it her intention to kill Saya or is that the Djinn or just her subconscious.

Resolution?: I'd like to say there was none, but Ichika feels worse than ever, Kai knows whats going on. Manatsu... is [indiscernible negative emotion] towards Ichika for her involvement with Sei and Kai.

Other: Sei was Ichika and Kai was Manatsu huh? I thought it'd be the other way around. Also, watching Ichika try to murder Saya was... something else.

Uta~Kata 08: It isn't Manatsu's fault! (Um...)

Intentions: Ichika's subconcious wanted to somehow harm the woman who tarnished her flowers (or tarnished Sei?). Then again, I'm not sure if it's Ichika's subconcious or the Djinn. The Djinn wanted to... heal the woman? Punish Ichika for wanting something bad to happen? Saw Ichika's sadness as a chance to overtake her body and do... something?

Kai is obvious, he doesn't want bad things to happen to either Ichika or Manatsu.

Resolution: Obviously it's a good thing, right? Nope, moral dilemma. But you could say it does end on the more hopeful side... but somebody is still extremely suicidal.

On Ichika's side? Nope, terrible, everything is terrible.

Fault?:  Ichika for not stopping herself? Manatsu for abiding to the rules and in a sense betraying Ichika's parents (or did she?)? Saya for doing all of this to the girls? Sei and Kai for not saying anything? The mysterious caller? The Flower Djinn? The Djinn in general?

Other: That freaking dream. Flowers have never been so scary.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

So, I've always been a little confused about this.

When did Naruto know exactly what was inside him, as in, Kurama? From the very beginning?

• edited 2013-01-25 08:33:58

^^^ Maaaaaybe it'll turn out more like Ixion Saga. Although that would just be weird.

• edited 2013-01-25 08:35:34

Unlikely!

Though that would be great because the only bad thing about Ixion Saga is that it's going to end.

• edited 2013-01-25 08:51:52

Maaaaaybe it'll turn out more like Ixion Saga.

I would die of sadness and crushed dreams.

When did Naruto know exactly what was inside him, as in, Kurama? From the very beginning?

A little while after the start of the series IIRC.

And that's why I still haven't figured out how to make sense of the plot of Uta~Kata.  As in, "what does it all mean".

Anyone know if this is an existing character in some show I don't know of?

• edited 2013-01-25 22:55:01

It's a picture labeled "anime girl."  That's a pretty sure sign that it is not actually an anime character.

Anyway, no I'm pretty sure that's not an existing character though it's difficult to check because the artist (Lta/Lita/keyboard000) seems to have removed that picture (and everything else) from their Pixiv account.

EDIT: Yeah, it's an original character.  It's the same character as in this picture by the same artist.

• Kichigai birthday!!

• Madoka Magica is my obsession. :) It has all the makings of the sort of thing I really like: interesting characters, thought-provokingness, subversive plot twists, pretty and stylish visuals, and entertainingness. Also it's magical girl fantasy, even if it is really dark and morbid, so it gives me that same feeling I get from Sailor Moon, which I always liked. :D btw if you guys haven't watched this you should watch this.

• You can change. You can.

Man, I think everyone and their moms has either watched or at least given Madoka a shot. 

it was OK, but I still feel it was kinda flawed in terms of pacing. 

• Was it too short or too long?