If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

ghosts

edited 2013-01-07 14:45:22 in Meatspace

just a discussion of the subject of ghosts and stuff

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Ghosts can sometimes be helpful, but naughty ones in laboratories can cause all sorts of freak accidents.

Also, they can't whistle.

• edited 2013-01-07 15:56:09

creepiest experience i had was when i was in my bedroom with the lights off doodlng using my hdtv background light at corner of my left side i saw what looked women standing bottom of just staring at me when i looked at her eyes were pitch black after that hid near under my bed after that she was gone also i asked my mum if she upstairs at time she said no.

• edited 2013-01-07 16:53:51
    Has friends besides tanks now

My mom believes pretty heavily in ghosts; thinks there's a ghost in the bowling alley she frequents, thinks her nearby brother's house is haunted, and now thinks that our dog that died this past summer is haunting our house.

• edited 2013-01-07 17:09:09

when i was playing my ps2 and playing music(MASONNA).halfway through i heard small dog growling very loudly after that i darted downstairs.it was in my parents bedroom.

one time my own beadroom looking out my window i saw person enter from my door and exit through my wall still looking at the window. strange thing about it they all as solid as a live person not see-through.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Odd things can happen, but... are you making these up?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I have a "gut belief" in ghosts. Intellectually, I don't believe they exist, because they don't make sense according to contemporary notions of science and so on. All the same, I can't help avoiding "ghostly" places -- or sometimes being drawn to them. I'm never quite sure what I'm avoiding or what I'm finding, but the unreality of ghosts doesn't make them less frightening or compelling to me. 

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

^

^^

•  

^^no? ironwave 

• edited 2013-01-07 17:19:43

^^not in the slightest ironwave 

whoops i pressed the wrong button :(

* Ironweaver

And okay, sorry if I offended you or anything, but I just don't believe in that kind of stuff.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

What Alex said.

• edited 2013-01-07 18:57:28

so what about japanese ghosts?

• I don't really believe in ghosts (regardless of country of origin), but maybe that's because I've never
    anything I think of as an "experience".

• edited 2013-01-08 10:43:46

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuchisake-onna heres an example (its moblie thats how the wiki sees the ps3).and last http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuppeppo :D.

• edited 2013-01-08 06:42:31
    There is love everywhere, I already know

I don't believe ghosts exist, because if they did every kiiiinda old house (or even just kinda old land, which is all of it) would be haunted.

I'm kind of annoyed that ghost stories tend to focus on humans. What about all the various insect ghosts? Don't they want revenge on humans (there would be billions of insect ghosts per square kilometer)? Or even like, bear ghosts or other dangerous animal ghosts?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

The general idea of ghosts is that the returning being requires a soul. Under Christian (and therefore generally Western) concepts of afterlife, only human beings have souls, and all animals are subordinate to mankind. Different cultures have had different ways of justifying the idea that ghosts are generally human, though. For instance, East Asian ghosts (much like their Western counterparts) are the remnants of troubled people, and paranormal animals are generally a separate kind of spirit. Western mythology almost always characterises paranormal animals as guises of divine or demonic beings, especially the latter. 

But the most likely explanation for the whole "most ghosts are human" thing is that we inherently relate our ideas to human beings before anything else, and the idea of a twisted human being is more inherently frightening to most than a canine, feline or whatever equivalent. Given that ghosts are unlikely to exist and therefore can be characterised as fictional -- narrative --, we probably have the conceptions of them that we do because of how effective a ghost story about a person is as compared to any animal. 

• edited 2013-01-08 10:12:21

hey imagine a ghost story from point of a dog or any other animal?.

• I'm a damn twisted person

I kept barking and none of the people's heard me. I puked and it was silvery and slimy and floaty. I ate the puke. 

• edited 2013-01-08 11:57:01

how about a paranomal activity were all actors are all wolves :D.

^^Alkthash while the demon runs about the house for a barf bag :D.

• Zombie goasts, man:

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Man a demon that is enough of a candy ass to need a barf bag isn't interesting at all. It's not even funny, just lame.
  •  

^^Alkthash not as much as the cat who watches with complete confusion and shame.