If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Touhou threads don't exist

Comments

• edited 2012-12-28 21:45:52

Another Lotus Land Story remake (extra stage), unrelated to the Comiket.

^ I know, right?

More stuff:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19685970 - Alice and Marisa and the Missing Shanghai Doll

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19656538 - Dreamin' Dreamin' Wonderful 7 Days (It's for both a visual story and arrange CD)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19665281 - Never Ending Quintet Of Scarlet Night (Another visual story OP)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dVaoULySFU - Uniting Barrage Action

• Huh, so what got released was a demo. My bad.

Anyhow, it amuses me that there were two Pikmin games announced for the c83.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Man, I hope my computer is able to run it. It can run Hisoutensoku fine but this one seems like it'll be more CPU intensive

• JESUS CHRISTMAS PLAYABLE ICHIRIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• My arms are falling off!

This is a fun game but it's also pretty difficult, and you need 6 buttons to play it.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-12-31 15:49:02

I like how you capture spellcards by dashing up and decking them in the face.

Someone English patch this.  Preferably with really good VA's and a good sense of adapting it instead of being too literal, because something this quality deserves to not sound wooden.

EDIT: Good GOD the cutscenes are long though.  That's like...longer than the stage.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

so who here besides me reads Touhou doujin?

I am currently enjoying the poorly drawn but hilarious SexuAlice.

• FUCK YEAH

Highly Responsive to Prayers Lunatic Hell 1CC done!

:O

(btw this is the only main series Touhou I can't Normal 1cc)

I can't beat any of the games, even on easy.

So consider yourself gifted.

• It took a fair bit of practice, yes. :) Beating the games in Easy is not difficult at all if you pay close attention to the patterns and master "streaming," which is herding the aimed bullets towards a single point and then slowly grazing out of their way. Also losing bombs is a big no-no, so you want to learn to use them all up before you run into something.

I'm trying to beat the games on Lunatic, even though I can just barely handle Hard. I think I want to constantly give myself impossible things to do. :p

I simply don't have the patience to put in the required practice.

• edited 2013-01-27 16:48:30
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    No. --CU
  • I bet Rinnosuke is gay! But everyone in Gensokyo is gay.

• It also helps to try to filter through everything that's going on in the screen and instead focus only on the relatively few bullets around you that can actually kill you.

I do do that, and it works for games like, Gradius, but not for bullet hells. idk why.

I like the fanworks better anyway.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Do not link to Danbooru in a SFW thread.
  • Interestingly, I find Gradius for NES very difficult. Maybe I couldn't get used to the large hitbox and erratic movement speed.

Do not link to Danbooru in a SFW thread.

Oh, sorry. I forgot about the ads.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-01-27 19:16:47

It also helps to try to filter through everything that's going on in the screen and instead focus only on the relatively few bullets around you that can actually kill you.

That.  The main hurdles of Touhou are:

1) Getting used to cognitive noise and filtering out the 99% of crap on the screen that isn't threatening you in any way.

2) Identifying distinct components of patterns and either handling them separately or locating where they intersect nicely to pass simultaneously.

3) Herding the one or two aimed or pseudo-aimed components to leave safe holes in the rest.

There's not really all that much balls-to-the-wall reflex dodging.  Like, endgame bosses will have one or two attacks that come fast and hard, and Orin is Orin, but most of them are more intimidating walls of doom than anything.  It's relatively rare you get anything like "Yuki goes apeshit and fills the screen with really fast random arrows for 20 seconds".

• All that stuff also. :) I'm probably not good at explaining this. Touhou bullet patterns like misdirection and intimidation, and once you see what you actually have to do to avoid them, they're a lot easier!

Orin is Orin

Oh gosh. Orin. Xp She gave me a good helping of trouble. Usually her patterns basically just make you move back and forth, but they're really scary.

• Yeah, after you get used to it and you're seeing what you have to see, it becomes a matter of successfully following the path you traced in your mind a second ago, not much reflexes involved except in a few spellcards and deathbombing.

I still can't deathbomb reliably.

• Yeah I blow at deathbombing.

I really wish The Ocean of Stone's story would've been expanded into a full doujin.

It was really sweet regardless though. Troll page at the end aside.

Here's a link but it's on danbooru, ads NSFW though the doujin itself is perfectly kosher.

• edited 2013-01-30 19:33:58

^^ I chuckl'd.

^ Pool pages don't have ads, so technically it might be fine, but the rule is against posting NSFW links in SFW threads (whether they're marked or not). Maybe I should add a NSFW tag to the title?

Oh, there's a rule on this?

I didn't know. I guess you could just put "Links May Be NSFW" or something.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

And this is why people need to read the rules.

That said, the solution here probably is to mark the thread NSFW if the people in it want Danbooru links (I wouldn't know enough about Touhou to make that judgment call, so I'll leave it up to you).

I've read them, thank you. I just don't read them every day and every site I go to has different rules, so I get mixed up.

As for danbooru links I want them but I don't know if anyone else even cares, so....

• > 2013

> reading rule pages

Anyhows, titled changed, though if anyone has a better idea or a better wording for it that'd be nice.

relevant to this thread, I have found the greatest picture.

• God help us.