If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• edited 2012-12-22 03:07:13
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^,^No problem, all I need is someone to hold some eggs and help me evolve an Electabuzz sometime down the line.

@Lai: Do you have the Earthquake TM?

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

By the way, is there a way to get more Red Shards in B2/W2?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Archaeology shops in Join Avenue can sell them.

• Poot dispenser here

@Charlatan: You were right. I kept forgetting how Slow-Mo made things easier.

Anyways, blew through another good chunk of the game. I must be getting close to the end.

•  

PS3 exclusive? Between this and booting Miyazaki off of Dark Souls 2, Namco-Bandai just loves to fuck with my heart.

• @RocketDude: When in doubt, slo-mo. It's prettymuch your smart bomb in the game and it makes worrisome problems trivial as long as you've got the juice.

Took me a while to figure that out. :V

PS3 exclusive?

Well, shit.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-12-23 03:04:19

I'm on the final level of SpaceChem.  I have to simultaneously fuel a laser with some kind of almost-benzene, fire it with xenon that I have to fuse from carbon, arm missiles, and shunt a shitload of hydrogen around for maneuvering and missile fuel.  All this to shoot down some kind of eldritch space tank or something.

Weirdly, it actually looks less complicated than the RGB laser I had to do first.  Well, more complicated, but considerably more flexible.

• Poot dispenser here

Beat F.E.A.R.

Wow. I kinda wish there were more games like this.

• edited 2012-12-23 09:16:26
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

So how close does SpaeChem come to actual chemistry, either mechanistically or result-wise?

• But you never had any to begin with.

Not at all. Doesn't stop it being a great game, though.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I just realized something.

The bleeped out word in the Black Isle thing isn't a swearword. It's "fallout." Interplay isn't allowed to use that word in publicity material any more.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-12-23 15:33:36

It comes close to actual chemistry insofar as the outputs will recognize a surprising variety of actual chemical compunds, but veers wildly far away from it pretty much everywhere else.  For instance, when you start fusing a shitload of water molecules together to make weapons-grade plutonium.

^ wat

• edited 2012-12-23 15:36:36
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^Well, they spent around a decade getting paid to make that Fallout MMO, then when they got sued they could not demonstrate that they had worked on it. And now they're trying to crowdfund the creation of a studio which will then crowdfund a non-Fallout version of the game, so they're avoiding using the word "fallout" when publicizing it because yeah.

Basically they're trying to make sure their scam is entirely legal.

• a little muffled
    They want to avoid the fallout from using that word, huh?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^ You're not Bastion!  What's going on??

For instance, when you start fusing a shitload of water molecules together to make weapons-grade plutonium.

^ wat

Appropriate response.

Alright I got a team for White 2:

• Mienshao

• Electivire

• Chandelure or Volcarona

• Skarmory

• Lapras or Starmie

I'm gonna need a 6th party member, any suggestions that aren't starters or legendaries?

> 6th party member

How about Montblanc?

• a little muffled

Flygon

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I'm gonna need a 6th party member, any suggestions that aren't starters or legendaries?

volcarona

• edited 2012-12-23 23:24:23

but but two fire types

you dont do that man

V no u

• PIKACHU

DO IT

but but two fire types

you dont do that man

but

it's a giant bug that's on fire and eats things

whats not to love

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Volcarona is literally my favorite Pokemon.

> volcarona

> not charizard

:|

Charizard is cool.

But there are a lot of Pokemon, dood.

Yes. But Charizard is indubitably the coolest.

Pfft, yeah ok

Don't you mean charizard is the hottest?

• edited 2012-12-24 00:01:45

but

it's a giant bug that's on fire and eats things

whats not to love

Yeah, but it's competing with a walking tac-nuke lamp thing that I can name Pyro Jack.

Also, Volcarona doesn't get that good until lv. 60 or so.

But having it means I can use Starmie without worrying about Dark types fucking my shit.

Then again, having two both Mienshao and Volcarona means that I have two Pokemon weak to Flying.

so, lol i dunno.

Charizard is indubitably the coolest.

Bah. Charizard hasn't been cool since 2001.

/pokehipster