If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Steam Winter Sale 2012

Comments

• You can change. You can.

OK assholes I decided to buy myself a few christmas presents

Gimme ten recs, each of you. I'll let democracy and the RNG solve it for me

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

dragon age: origins

um

skyrim

fallen enchantress

... that's all i have

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Bastion, The Walking Dead, SOTL, Fallen Enchantress, Vampire: the Masquerade -Bloodlines, Recettear, Terraria...um...Alan Wake...

I'll get two more when I'm at my computer.
  • Dead Pixels.

EYE Divine Cybermancy.

Galactic Civilizations II.

The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings: Deluxe Turbo Hyper Special Director's Unrated Cut Edition

ARMA II: Combined Operations

Killing Floor

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon

Fallout: New Vegas

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

The Chronicles of Riddick

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

kinda wanna see juan play dark souls now

• You and me both. >:3

• Deus ex: Human Revolution,Psychonauts,Morrowind,Fallen enchantress, vampire: the masquerade - bloodlines, Y's origin, Hotline Miami,Bastion,Terraria,Half-Life 2.

^I think Juan has DXHR already.

Okay, full list:

• Bastion

• The Walking Dead

• SOTL

• Fallen Enchantress

• Vampire: the Masquerade -Bloodlines

• Recettear

• Terraria

• Alan Wake

• Dark Souls

• Morrowind

What does SOTL stand for?

Also, do understand, I am using a laptop for this. Mostly because I don't have a TV to hook up my PS3 to.

Spec Ops: the Line.

• edited 2012-12-22 12:06:42
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Okay random shot in the dark:

• Bastion

• Spec Ops: The Line

• Skyrim

• The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

• Dawn of War II

• Saints Row the Third

• XCOM: Enemy Unknown

• Terraria

• Fallout: New Vegas

Besides Skyrim, you'll find all of those for less than $10 on Steam, some less than $5.

• Give me an idea of what GPU and CPU it has and I will revise my list. 

• edited 2012-12-22 12:07:20
    You can change. You can.

Also, yeah, I already played Deus Ex. It was ok. 

^ an intel core i5 cpu but i have no idea what a gpu is, sorry.

Damn it, I haven't played enough of these games to be able to recommend them.

Still go back and add... Morrowind and Bastion. Skyrim, Morrowind, Bastion, Fallen Enchantress, and I'd throw in Dragon Age: Origins but there may be better games out there.

Hm. I'll have to revise my list then...

• Bastion

• The Walking Dead

• Fallen Enchantress

• Vampire: the Masquerade -Bloodlines

• Recettear

• Terraria

• Morrowind

• Mount and Blade: Warband

• Legend of Grimrock

• The Binding of Isaac

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Seconding the hell out of The Walking Dead.
  • edited 2012-12-22 12:19:52
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Ten recommendations, among recent games that I have personally played: (not necessarily on Steam)

• Recettear: an Item Shop's Tale (Gamersgate/Impulse/Steam)

• Crayon Physics Deluxe (direct download/Steam/elsewhere?)

• Saira (Fastspring/Gamersgate/Steam)

• Ys: the Oath in Felghana (Steam)

• Terraria (Steam)

• La-Mulana (Desura/Playism)

• Slydris (Desura/elsewhere)

• Flying Red Barrel (Desura, GamersGate)

• Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)

• Aquaria (direct download/Steam/elsewhere?)

Haven't played that much Aquaria but it is pretty awesome from the little I've played.  Though a bit easy to get lost, though maybe that's part of the point.

• I recommend:

• Spec Ops: The Line

• Superbrothers EP: Swords & Sworcery

• Bastion

Also, regarding The Witcher 2... do I need to play the first one to properly enjoy it?

I recommended SOTL on my first list, but then he said he was on a laptop, so I'm not /entirely/ sure he could play it.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Gimme ten recs, each of you.

• Reccetear

• Ys Origins or Ys the Oath in Falghana 

• Mount & Blade Warbands

• Analogue: A Hate Story

• Chrono Trigger

• The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Whatever The Fuck Edition

• Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition

• Deus Ex: Human Revolution

• L.A. Noire 

• Faster Than Light (FTL)

Although this list is a bit haphazard, I guess. L.A. Noire is kind of a crime thriller game, whereas FTL is a sci-fi roguelike and Analogue is a visual-novel-meets-text-adventure. The Witcher is a fantasy RPG about clearing your name after being framed for a crime you didn't commit. Chrono Trigger was a SNES game that has since had numerous re-releases on various platforms. Deus Ex is a jump into transhumanism via stealth FPS gameplay. Reccetear is about a loli and her capitalism. 

So like.

I dunno, lol. 

Is there a way I can test for this without having to get a demo? 

The Steam page for each game should have minimum and recommended system requirements at the bottom. You can check these against your computer's actual specs. 

• edited 2012-12-22 12:30:18
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^^Okay, I wasn't sure about SOTL or Dark Souls, but there is no way in hell a laptop will run The Witcher 2, and probably not L.A. Noire either.

Also he has DXHR.

Okay, I wasn't sure about SOTL or Dark Souls, but there is no way in hell a laptop will run The Witcher 2, and probably not L.A. Noire either.

It runs fine on my laptop.

Depends on the laptop. It might run those games, given that computers (including laptops) have become much more cost-effective in relation to gaming specs over the last few years. It's worth checking, anyway, because it would be a shame for Juan not to play L.A. Noire and it's a shame for anyone not to play The Witcher 2. 

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Dark Souls

I have a laptop that can run every other game listed here and more at high settings, and Dark Souls runs at <5 FPS for me. No chance in hell Juan's laptop will be able to play it.

I'd just get the PS3 version.

that can run every other game listed here and more at high settings, and Dark Souls runs at <5 FPS for me

Um...not the highest settings for TW2, though, right? Because TW2 on maximum settings is the only thing my computer has ever been unable to handle.

• edited 2012-12-22 12:39:19
    Tech support

If I could probably tell the exact gpu if I had the CPU model in the form of i5-x where x is a combination of numbers and possible a letter, but I'm going to assume an intel hd 3000 as the GPU so here is a revised list

Y's origin

Recettear

Terraria

Hotline Miami

Psychonauts

Vampire the Masurade - Bloodlines

Morrowind

Bastion

The binding of Issac

Fallen Enchantress

Um...not the highest settings for TW2, though, right? Because TW2 on maximum settings is the onlything my computer has ever been unable to handle.

Well, there's a hell of a difference between not running a game and not running a game on maximum settings.

• edited 2012-12-22 12:37:35
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Anyway, the best game on my list is The Walking Dead, FWIW.

Well, there's a hell of a difference between not running a game and not running a game on maximum settings.

Yeah.

I guess I just assumed that if the maximum settings were that intensive, then the game as a whole probably was relatively intensive. Dunno if that's actually true >.>