If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Eelektross plays Chrono Trigger (again)!

13»

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Yeah, but... no dualies. That was a dealbreaker for me. I didn't use him much, but as powerful as he was, I never got to a stage where he had any healing abilities and he always lacked the ability to pool his strength with the other characters. This makes a lot of sense thematically, given that he's an enigmatic loner, but it also ensured I didn't use him beyond a bit of test-running. 

It's pretty clever how his lack of dual-techs also make him more of a "standard" JRPG character in a mechanical sense, though. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I used my three favorite characters: Lucca, Frog, and Magus.

• Definitely not gay.

I don't think it was just because he was a loner. I think it's also because he was pretty proud, as even when he joined your crew he couldn't bring himself to cooperate fully with Krono's Krew.

And an arrogant dark wizard is just something that...clicks with me, I suppose.

• edited 2012-12-13 10:45:16
    Definitely not gay.

MUSIC

Silent Light...blech. I never liked this theme. I always played something better over it.

The boss battle theme, on the other hand, kicks ass. I personally consider it Dalton's theme. It suits him perfectly: he's a minor threat story-wise that's a moderate threat gameplay-wise.

Frog's Theme is just pure awesome. I think it suits him well: part of what makes Frog such a tragic character is that he doesn't acknowledge how awesome he is.

Yeah, that's the other thing. 

There's something about an arrogant dark wizard that makes me froth at the mouth. Like a reflex, you know. Just kinda happens, and then darkness. Upon awakening, I find myself sleeping among entrails with Christ's cross next to me, fashioned out of bloodied bones and tied together with tendons. Crows sing a dirge for their deceased master and upon counting, I find that my sword has another notch. 

Like a reflex. You know. 

• Definitely not gay.

...Alex, do you realize that we are probably destined to kill each other?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

...don't do it man...don't do it...

...when you meet at the edge of a cliff, you two, please choose not to fight each other, please

----

Just one question though:

What key is Frog's Theme in?  G# minor or Ab minor?

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-12-13 15:15:30

Crono-Lucca-Marle.  Haste > Frog.  An entire game's worth of unused high-end healing items still sitting in my bag > Frog.

Not sure if Magus would've fit into it, because the first time I played through I didn't know you could recruit him by not kicking his ass.

• edited 2012-12-13 20:26:18

Crono, Lucca, Marle for pretty much everything. It just felt right having non-overlapping roles and playing with the "normal" characters.

Actually, I'm not sure if I had Crono the first time I beat the game. If I didn't, I probably had Frog instead.

• edited 2012-12-15 22:58:57
    Definitely not gay.

We're back, fellas!

CSI GUARDIA

So things didn't exactly work out as planned. We brought Gaston back, and we are immediately arrested by the Chancellor. Despite Gaston's own testimonies, those idiots refuse to believe that Lavos is anything but a criminal of the most heinous sort. Lavos is brought before a (beautifully rendered) court where he is put on trial. Because Lavos did really dickish things in the fair, he is found unanimously guilty.

The trial sequence doesn't matter much. The result is still the same, and the rewards for being found "not guilty" are very marginal.

Now, this is going to be a short update, and for good reason too! You are to decide whether Lavos 

a. breaks out on his own

or

b. gets his ass saved by Lucca! Quint!

• probably human

Lavos should totally burst out on his own! That'll teach the guards to imprison someone without taking away their weapons and armor.

Yeah, ditch your cell and run it solo. It's a super easy dungeon and the only time you get to dungeon crawl on your own. Plus it's a pretty unique dungeon with "stealth" sections and whatnot. 

• Definitely not gay.

Hey there guys.

Because of multiple factors (IRL stuff being the biggest), I might be gone for a while. As a result, I won't be around to guide you through my CT journey. If it's any consolation, you guys inspired me to pick up CT again.

And I did choose the "burst out on my own" option. Just so you know.

• Definitely not gay.

I actually haven't played this since December, just so I could write about it.