If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Justin Bieber, Ke$ha, Enrique Iglesias, Flo Rida, Cher Lloyd with Becky G., Austin Mahone, and PSY

edited 2012-12-10 11:30:55 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

These people are going to hold a concert on my school's campus, and that's going to shit up traffic and parking tomorrow.

Comments

• I'm a damn twisted person

Oh geeze Glenn that really sucks. I thought traffic went to shit in Milwaukee when everybody tries to go to a Brewers game, but yeah that was just a preview of the automotive hell you will endure tomorrow. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I already had to avoid parking on campus (or moving my car) when Obama and Romney visited earlier.

But I don't want to have to deal with sleeping on campus again.  I want to actually go back to my apartment and sleep in my bed.

• a little muffled

Stay home all day tomorrow?

• You can change. You can.

I am curious as to how your school got all those people together because...really?

• edited 2012-12-10 22:17:37
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I have no idea; I just got this announced through an e-mail from the parking and transportation office saying to expect heavy traffic tomorrow evening around 5:30 to 7:30 and around 10:00 to 11:30 PM.  It wasn't even on my radar until then.

I suspect it is related to the fact that tomorrow is last day of classes.  I think it's also due to the fact that that venue is a big events center for the local area.

That said, I question why our school is (presumably) spending so much money on this as opposed to, say, keeping the student center open 24 hours a day, or lowering the cost of a 2-entree box of food at the Chinese fast food place from US$6.99 to US$5.99.