If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Brevik exposes "Inhumane Conditions"

edited 2012-11-13 21:17:59 in Politics
No rainbow star

Such as a lack of moisturizer and not enough butter for his bread ಠ_ಠ

Yeah...

I'll put this under politics just in case

Anyways, his only remotely legitimate complaint there in my opinion is the cold part. The rest is just... No

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

his coffee is served cold

Sucks.

he does not have enough butter for his bread

Sucks.

he is not allowed moisturiser

Sucks.

being held in almost complete isolation - 23 hours a day, he says

Maybe if it was complete isolation, that'd suck? But it's not solitary, so I'm of mixed feelings. Don't really give a shit though, so... Sucks.

In the letter, he complains that the cell is poorly decorated and has no view

I hear that if you upgrade to the Luxury cell, you can get a mint put on your pillow for an extra $5.50 a week.

the handcuffs he wears when being moved around the prison "are too sharp and "cut in his wrist"

A legitimate complaint. That could damage his wrists (god forbid, but prisons are supposed to treat prisoners humanely).

the cell is too cold, forcing him to wear three layers of clothes

Also a legitimate complaint. He could get sick.

he has to rush his morning shave and brushing of teeth

Sucks.

light and television switches are outside the cell, so he has to ask for help to change channel or sleep.

The lights and TV being on when he wants to sleep does legit suck.

Rest of it... Sucks.

• No rainbow star

^ Considering the rest of it, I just assumed that by, "cutting" he means, "They are slightly rough and maybe chafe a little"

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

You know what they say about assumptions.

There are handcuffs out there that are rough enough to injure people's wrists.

• No rainbow star

Hmm... alright then, guess that's legit

Still don't get how the light switch and tv one is legit unless the guards routinely "forget"

• Yes, this will shoot his rep good with people who hail him as a hero, as they're also likely the crowd to see macho tough-guy nonsense as an ideal.

Inb4 white-power wankers say press made that shit up to ruin his image

• You know, other than the switches (probably a security precaution, don't want the mass murderer to have easy access to live wires) and handcuffs bit, this basically just sounds like the same kind of shitty apartment normal people will live in at some point in their lives.

Still don't get how the light switch and tv one is legit unless the guards routinely "forget"

Wouldn't surprise me if they did.

• Poot dispenser here

Yeah, Bobby Collins probably would have said "I'm from New York, get the fuck over it!"

• "I highly doubt that there are worse detention facilities in Norway" - Anders Breivik

Wow, Norwegian prisons sound pretty comfy.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-11-14 00:12:59

Aside from the handcuffs and company, a Norwegian prison wounds a good deal comfier than most of the apartments I've lived in over the last six years.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Norwegian prisons sound pretty comfy.

IIRC, the Scandinavian countries in general have the best prison conditions in the world.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I don't even know who this is.

Is that bad

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

You might just not remember the name; it's the guy who went on a shooting spree in Norway awhile back.

• He killed 77 people.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Oh that dude, okay.

Yeah, fuck him. Aren't Norweigan prisons super-comfy anyway? I recall reading that they're practically hotel rooms.

They are. That's why the article's pretty silly.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Basically, outside of the handcuff thing and possibly the cell temperature, all of his complaints sum up the average experience of an overlong stay in a cheap motel.

A huis clos...

• Has friends besides tanks now

As if "fuck that guy" wasn't already my response. Though, in terms of reprehensible criminals continuing to be shitheads in prison, I think the one death row inmate who threw away an extravagantly large last meal takes the cake.

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

The guy is trying pretty hard to be a martyr for a non-existent cause, specially when he shot up a bunch of children to make a point about muslims.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Stupid islamophobes.

• So uh, he's at it again. Apparently he'll go on hunger strike if they don't give him a PS3.

This is hilarious and sad. Then again, I guess most people won't mind if he just starves to death.

• This is the state of the far right anno 2014. Its heroes are as whiny, emasculated, tech-addicted and spoiled as they perceive the traitors of the West to be. No wonder they're so obsessed with old models of masculinity.  

• Almost every other forum that talks about this has two main discussion points going on.

A. The side that rationalizes that him being a criminal and killing 77 people, most of whom were kids should land him a harsher punishment than a standard of living that most people go without.

B. The side that rationalizes treating him humanely on the basis that he's already in prison with most likely a life-sentence that will keep him out of society.

C. The side that continually jokes about giving him sub-par gaming systems and/or games of a lesser quality.

There's apparently no middle ground to this conversation, which makes me sad. Either he should get treated like this*

Or he should does get treated like an animal.

According to how other people have discussed this topic of course.

• edited 2014-02-15 07:04:46

Well, if he does kill himself in an attempt at "protest", sane people can just stop caring about him. :V

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

That's a good moment for the authorities to call him on it. We'll see if he stays true to his promise. Something tells me we already know the answer.

• edited 2014-02-15 10:00:03

I don't know the guy very well, but is it possible he's actually crazy enough to follow through that threat? I mean, he's already emulated horror movie villians.

Edit: Grammer.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

The way he behaves makes him look like a real life troll. With a bit of a throwback to the original child-eating mythos, granted. I doubt he will pull through. If I'm wrong, well, I won't cry over the inconveniences of force-feeding.

Fun fact: our local reddit equivalent adores the guy. 

• That's horrible. Unless they're being ironic. They are right?

Let's say our own kind of net-dwelling social justice wanker kid wanks to the other side of the political spectrum.