If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Music Dump thread

edited 2012-09-29 16:58:26 in IJBM meta
Has friends besides tanks now

Here ya go, Ironweaver!

Comments

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

This was quite a surprise, I thought you hated slow music. Regardless, it's a great song.

For some more easy-listening stuff, have this.

(yay, 1000th post!)

• edited 2012-09-29 17:17:04

I generally only hate slow music if it's heavy and plodding, a la doom metal; it feels like the song never gets to the point. Or if it's not soulful or making use of its own ponderous length.

Also, two years ago, my school marching band played "Dream of the Return" as its ballad piece, albeit in a different, more melancholic key, so it's special to me.

• edited 2012-09-29 17:18:10
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

This is what happens when Touhou meets an orchestra. And a theremin. 

• edited 2012-09-29 18:03:47
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

A of cover one of my favorite songs on my favorite album by one of my favorite bands by a string quartet.

• You can change. You can.

I just love the fact that the guy who did this left James Hetfield's live voice performance in it. 

• edited 2012-09-29 17:50:18

^^ That's amazing.

Here, have my personal favorite from the original album.

Admittedly, the metal part doesn't translate quite so well, in this case. But I just bought the album off Amazon. Just finished downloading, in fact.

• edited 2012-09-29 18:05:25
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I'm in a mushy and sentimental mood, so here's a really touching folkish ballad. The lyrics are beautiful, although a certain lameness of the translation is inevitable.

EDIT: Posted a better version.

• edited 2012-09-29 18:04:05
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

^^ Yeah, that's definitely my favorite from the original album.  Almost posted it instead.

BTW, we should probably put this in "Useful Threads".

• Has friends besides tanks now

Done.

Also, have some Paramore. I've been listening to this a lot lately, and it's the sort of song that I've been looking for for quite a while.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Spineshark cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

• A sample of what I've been listing to recently

• You can change. You can.

I was scouring the forum looking for a certain thread when I found this and remembered how good this song was. 

• They're somethin' else.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

• edited 2012-10-09 13:16:59

The new Coheed and Cambria album is out.

I really like what I've heard so far.  I almost want to call it my favorite album by them, but... it's so short.  At least the second half of the double album is only a few months away.

• Definitely not gay.

<3 Kellin Quinn <3

• They're somethin' else.

Because fuck yeah, Biafra!

Found about this from BtL. I'm pretty much floored. This is the sort of band I've been looking for for quite a while.

Shhh, you should register at BtL again.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

The album this is from is harrowing, but this video is downright ridiculous. Which I guess is the point. I think I'm kind of thankful for that...

• edited 2012-10-21 12:07:01

My roommates got me into these guys.  

• edited 2012-11-16 12:21:56
    "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Parts 2-4 are here. The rest of Evan LE NY's stuff is also really good, including the SpaceChem soundtrack and an album called Elements that I'm listening to right now.

• edited 2012-11-24 19:58:09

• edited 2012-12-05 04:16:57
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Hey I don't usually pimp my own projects here, but I produced the beat for this song and was wondering if y'all wanted to give it a listen, maybe download it or something.

Pretty nice.