If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Wild Pokémon thread appeared!

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Porygon creeped me out as a kid.

dat stare 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I actually hated Sunkern until B2W2 came out and it was the only grass-type that wasn't also a bug-type I could get. I had to actually learn to use strategy, making Sunkern the one Pokèmon in sixteen years of playing the series that made me actually think about what I was doing.

Pokemon nicknames in my B2 playthrough:

Pignite: Ignacio
    Flaaffy: Deco
    Psyduck: Gangnam
    Koffing: Captain
    Eevee: Garfield
    Sandile: Nixon 

• No rainbow star

^ Mine on my W2 Playthrough:

April the Servine
    Hikari the Flaaffy (tradition to name all my female Mareep Hikari until I get a new female shiny Mareep to replace the one that died with my Silver version :<)
    Lunar the Eevee
    Simone the Pidove
    Jet the Lucario
    Dew the Azumarill

As backup:

Hatchet the Axew (Thanks Nova!)
    Copper the Growlithe (Named after my deceased dog)

I actually want to bring Hatchet onto my team, but I don't know who to get rid of =/

• No rainbow star

Lazuli: Actually, Dunsparce is pretty good competitively due to Paraflinch Hax caused by Serene Grace

(tradition to name all my female Mareep Hikari until I get a new female shiny Mareep to replace the one that died with my Silver version :<)

This reminds me of my long-standing vow to name Kadabra-liners after stage magicians. 

• I'm a damn twisted person

We already have a fire horse with the Ponyta line and fire dog with Arcanine. A fire tiger for the starter would be pretty great, especially since they probably wouldn't be able to type it as fire/fighting. 

Fire/Fighting is getting kinda old yeah.

Fire/Electric would be cool, and probably quite overkill, but meh. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Fire/Electric wouldn't work unless all the starters got something that worked against the others, as electric damages Water and takes less damage from it.

Water/Ground again seems the obvious choice.

• edited 2012-10-16 23:04:28
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^Actually, Electric takes neutral damage to Water.

^This can work, combined with Grass/Flying?

• edited 2012-10-16 23:05:23
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

You know what would be kind of cool? Fire that later adds Dark, Water that later adds Psychic, Grass that later adds Fighting.

Since it is a latter addition the dark immunity to psychic shouldn't be a problem like if it was a starting trio of Dark/Psychic/Fighting. Fire/dark works surprisingly well for a tiger I'd think. 

• edited 2012-10-16 23:08:28
    No rainbow star

^^^ Poor Water. 4x weakness to the grass starter D8

• edited 2012-10-16 23:10:20
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^Um...only not? Water/Psychic has no 4x weaknesses.

Fire/dark works surprisingly well for a tiger I'd think

Could also be a snake.

• No rainbow star

Clockwork: Talking about the suggestion of Fire/Electric Water/Ground Grass/Flying

Oh, okay.

Signs I'm a nerd #568: Discussing Pokèmon typings makes me wish I could make a Pokèmon fangame.

Signs I'm a nerd #569: Stuff like that is not an unusual occurrence.

• I think there's an Pokemon game engine out there somewhere.

• No rainbow star

^^ Pretty easy to make a Pokemon Fangame. You can even put your own sprites and cries in

Should I bother shiny hunting for Darkrai and Shaymin? I never caught them on Platinum, but my DS Lite can't soft reset

...huh.

Interesting.

>.>

Dammit, I had too many creative projects going already even before I got a job and I'm no good with sprites.

• No rainbow star

^ I am a sprite artist...

Hm.

I might find the time to do some concept stuff. Maybe.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Don't go down this path, CU.

I have gone down it, and I still have a whole bunch of concepts from it.

Don't do it man.

^ I am a sprite artist...

I didn't know that.

huhm.

• No rainbow star

^ Yep. It's the main thing in my portfolio

That and drawing concept art

^^^I said might.

Actually, at this point, there's no way I'll be able to resist at least writing some concepts down T_T

• No rainbow star

^ Sorry I sent you on this path, CU...

Should I make a thread for this? It would make a pretty cool community thing.

• Sure, go for it.

Do it, I'll post whatever too.