If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• edited 2012-09-19 17:29:40
    Has friends besides tanks now

Oh, yeah, and the president of the club said he thought it was cool that the MC stopped "being a bitch" after the first time he couldn't do anything. . . . As if that's necessarily a mark of good storytelling, or even something that makes sense outside of fightan shonen.

• Well, that's mostly just personal preference regarding how you like your heroes.  It is kind of annoying when it seems like that's someone's entire criteria for judging a show though.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Might have seen more pronounced because he's really loud and emphatic.

• edited 2012-09-19 20:12:32
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I have no direct knowledge how good Guilty Crown is, but this is a decent AMV.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Okay, Shu is not a good character, and he only stops being a bitch when the plot calls for that week's episode of moment of badassery, and then he returns to being whatever the episode needed him to be. Courageous sometimes, normal person stand-in, little whiny bitch, etc. He is wildly inconsistent across episodes. His romance arc with Inori is just both standing there and interacting the little as possible.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Are there any series that feature a female main character who gets involved in a romance with a male mysterious waif but nevertheless retains her badassery?

• a little muffled

Princess Tutu, kinda.

• Princes Tutu, definitely.

Also, haven't seen a single chinese cartoon since Fate/Zero's first half... has something really good come out since then?

Fate/Zero's second half counts?

In terms of comedy, I'd say Binbougami Ga! is good.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

...you will have to convince me that a duck that transforms into a ballerina is badass.

• edited 2012-09-20 02:24:52
    I'm a damn twisted person

Noimporta - I dunno if Steins;Gate came out before or after Fate/Zero, but Steins;Gate is definitely worth a look. 

GMH - Let this image explain things for you. 

• You can change. You can.

...you will have to convince me that a duck that transforms into a ballerina is badass.

Guitar ninjas dude

guitar ninjas

Steins;Gate came out way before the first season, if I recall correctly.

• edited 2012-09-20 19:51:55
    a little muffled

@glennmagusharvey:

Yeah truth be told I don't know I'd call her badass outside of a few episodes. Hence the "kinda".

@Alkthash: Link is broken.

The booru has just been deleted as of today.

Which booru?

• The one for cool, attractive people.

• Some totally irrelevant one.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

The booru has just been deleted as of today.

And nothing of value was lost.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Hey man, it's one thing to say that about a big impersonal booru. It's another thing to say that about a small booru you and friends/acquaintances used to upload whatever they found interesting. 

• edited 2012-09-20 23:47:18

But Crimson assumes it's bad because Juan used a Japanese word pronunciation of an English word.

Ooh, Alk posted a booru in the post Juanw as responding to. Ooooooh.

• edited 2012-09-20 23:59:24

Oh.

I didn't actually realize that either.

Though that does explain why Juan posted that in this thread.

• edited 2012-09-21 01:33:01
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

What is "booru" supposed to be anyway?  "board"?

Also, room208's booru was basically #yackfest's pet booru.  So there's quite a bit of sentimental value to it that some people relatively close to us (including some of ourselves and many people we know) feel.

• "Booru" comes from "board," yes.  As in "cardboard."

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^Is that what it was? I thought it was something else and much much worse.

Dude you really need to stop being paranoid.

Seriously, what did internet nerds do to you

murder your parents at crime alley or something

• >What did internet nerds do to you

>Implying  posting in here is not a symptom of heavy internet nerddom (whatever that means) in itself.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

There is a fifth unadapted Hyouka book.

KyoAni needs to make a movie now.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

^^^ I second this...

^^ ...and this.