If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Magic: The Gathering

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now
    I was considering making the deck UR, with both colors' Ascensions used in tandem, but it was tough enough narrowing things down in one color, never mind working in counterspells and proliferation.
  • You can change. You can.

EDIT: Well, never mind about that, it seems I'm almost out of time. But if Juan could post the decklist for that deck, it would be appreciated.

Juanito to the rescue

4 Pyromancer Ascension
    24 Mountain
    4 Lightning Bolt
    3 Brimstone Volley
    3 Puncture Blast
    4 Seething Song
    4 Faithless Looting
    2 Chandra Ablaze
    2 Chandra, the Firebrand
    3 Reforge the Soul
    2 Bonfire of the Damned
    2 Thunderous Wrath
    3 Devil's Play

Hmm. Once I have Internet on my computer again, I'll post mine. But there were some cards there that I like, so I might mix around some more.

Well, this is the deck I made on my own:

4 Pyromancer Ascension
    4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Faithless Looting
    20 Mountain
    4 Wild Guess
    3 Quest for Pure Flame
    3 Manamorphose
    3 Searing Blaze
    3 Melt Terrain
    2 Elixir of Immortality
    2 Comet Storm
    3 Seething Song
    3 Furnace of Rath
    2 Form of the Dragon

And this is what I made after seeing what Juan had:

4 Pyromancer Ascension
    22 Mountain
    4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Seething Song
    4 Faithless Looting
    2 Chandra Ablaze
    4 Wild Guess
    3 Comet Storm
    3 Furnace of Rath
    2 Form of the Dragon
    4 Manamorphose
    4 Searing Blaze

• I just made a Reaper King EDH deck. It's probably not very effective, but Reaper King was probably the first EDH deck I really wanted to make, so I did it.

So I'm making blue/green control.

God forgive me.

I know Juan's around, but is there anyone I could play with?

• edited 2012-08-05 19:01:05

• edited 2012-08-05 18:58:13

And this.

Edit: Duh, that wasn't the editing text box.

• edited 2012-08-05 18:58:06
    Has friends besides tanks now

^^ It's not showing up. Maybe run it through imgur?

Buuut, while you're here, up for some games? >.> I've got a Bant deck I'd like work the kinks out of.

^ Holy shit. I was already scared enough of zombie decks.

• Fixed.

Sorry, can't play today, gotta get up very early on weekdays.

• edited 2012-08-06 00:25:18

Well, my Goblin and Archmage Ascension decks were pretty successful, but I didn't get to test my Bant decks because the dude I play with probably would've flipped his shit if I got off an Isochron Scepter imprinting Silence (which, to be fair, is broken as fuck in single-player games. But I regret nothing as long as it's all format legal).

• a little muffled

badass

man the downside of playing haven is that shit like this always happens :(

"Oh hey I'm going to win~"

"Nope. Noperino. Nopatop. Nopety."

I never realized how easy it is to get infinite mana with elves: just toss in a Staff of Domination and have four elves + Priest of Titania or Elvish Archdruid on the field, and you have infinite mana and infinite card draw. (And infinite life if you have a Wellwisher on the field)

(it sucks being on the wrong end of this)

• edited 2012-08-06 20:57:57
    a little muffled

Also works with Timberwatch Elf, and you can throw in Rofellos too since he's an elf.

Also you don't need Wellwisher to gain infinite life, since the Staff can do it for you. Not that it matters since you can just pick up your entire deck and find your Banefire and your one red source.

Yeah, I used to have that deck.

• And Wirewood Channeler.

Didn't even notice the lifegain on the Staff.

Holy shit, that's good.

I should put it in my G/W control deck.

• edited 2012-08-06 21:05:06
    a little muffled

@Stormtroper: Yeah, that's actually the one I meant, not Timberwatch. >_>

Of course he's running Urborg and Spreading Algae. Of course.

Elf supremacy.

• edited 2012-08-06 21:17:48
    smote

One of the most anticlimactic things I've ever seen in MTG was someone get that combo going and then somehow they ran out of mana and just ended their turn. You could tell they were just borrowing the deck.

Anyway, yeah, that's why Staff of Domination is banned in EDH.

man the downside of playing haven is that shit like this always happens :(

There was that game with Riku the other day where you just killed me with some big dudes. Of course, that was before I put the door in there.

• edited 2012-08-07 01:25:53

Rishadan Port is the woooooorst to face with multicolor decks; by destroying all the lands that produced colored mana, he shut down my filter lands, so I was able to play literally three cards the whole game.

I managed to beat the deck with my Modern Goblin deck, though, because that one's actually really fast. Would've had 9 2/2 Goblins with Haste, plus my double-striking Warren Instigator at 2/2, to swing with that turn, on top of maybe even using Chieftain himself to attack, but he conceded.

EDIT: I just put together an Artifact Legacy deck that can hypothetically seal the game on turn 2, even in multiplayer. What has the Staff of Domination done to me? ._.

-poke-

• Manabarbs and Gisela. Too far?

• a little muffled

Man, Gisela would actually go perfectly in my weird-ass old red/white "enchantments that do damage to people when they do stuff" deck.

I miss that deck, I wish I could find the list for it again.

• edited 2012-08-12 21:26:16

So, uh, I looked through the Limited Edition Alpha set, and now I really wish that I had been around for that when the set first came out, because this is hilarious and I would have totally been that douchebag who plays Black Ante.

I once had the horrible idea of playing Jewelled Bird + Reanimator but that would involve actually playing for ante so fuck that shit. 

I . . . actually think it would be kind of cool to have to play for ante in certain settings. In fact, I even had an idea for a planeswalker with an ante effect.

But I only talk about all this stuff because I had an idea for a weekly activity, though I would have to find a reliable program that simulates booster opening.

Oh I think it can be cool, but it's the sort of thing where you have to buds who are both really gracious losers and really gracious winners.

• edited 2012-08-12 21:37:22

Yeah. Or using a computer program so that no one loses actual cards. I say this because it would be cool to have a thing where, week by week, a group of players gets into a Swiss round tourney in which they got some packs from each set that was released historically, in order, and plays against each other for pretend prizes and shit, with each set staying usable with the last ones for a time.