If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Outsiders

edited 2012-08-01 21:05:41 in Roleplaying
Has friends besides tanks now

This was brought up a while ago, but there's an RP going on over at Beyond the Lampshade, led by Werewolf Militia (known here as Formaldehyde), and he was wondering if IJBM could RP another plotline within the RPverse, running parallel to theirs, with the idea that they might eventually merge or become relevant to one another. Link here, and this is the basic idea, in Formaldehyde's words:

Your friends are drifting apart. 

And to be honest, you don't really care-- they've been little more than faces in the crowd to you for the better part of the year. But one day, you learn that they're all getting together for one final sleepover in order to see if there's anything left of the friendship to salvage. 

Big mistake. 

The sleepover's tanking, and everyone seems to be looking for excuses to start arguments with one-another. You knew that this'd happen. But what you didn't count on was one of your friends reaching into his rucksack and pulling out a huge, tattered book instead of a Ouija board. His eyes flit eagerly between the ratty cover of the book and your eyes, imploring you to take a look.

...What the Hell is 'astral projection'?

Didn't want to post the information about stats given that that would require me to reformat his post. And besides, if you're interested enough to click the link based on this summary, you can see if anyone else already asked the question that you would have.

Honestly, I don't know how this will work for me, myself, or if I'd have time for it--I certainly doubt I could be the GM this time, in spite of being the one to make this thread--but I want to put this here since it might create a more concrete interest in some people here to have a thread. Though Formaldehyde has said that he could GM both if he had to, and it would be easy enough if both parties convened on one forum. But it might be nice to make it a bit easier for him.

Disclaimer: If you would sooner use this opportunity to take potshots at BTL, I would soon after ban you.

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Sounds interesting, but that link is not a link.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

Fixed.

• edited 2012-08-01 21:17:46
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yeah, I would definitely consider being a part of this. Haven't really been involved in any RP since I ducked out of the Pokemon one, and I'd like to do something again. Wouldn't GM, though.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I...might be interested. If I have time.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Actually wait, I'm leaving for London in three weeks. Me getting involved is probably a terrible idea.
  • edited 2012-08-01 21:27:33

To help get this thing started, I'll post my rolls for stats, since I want to have those sorted out before I decide what my character acts like.

Strength: 9
    Speed: 4
    Coordination: 8
    Perception: 7
    Intelligence: 7
    Endurance: 6

Hrm. That could be interesting, sort of along the lines of the dude I was considering playing as for the Call of Cthulhu RP CU tried to get going.

^ Right. That would probably make things a bit more difficult than usual, even for college.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Interested, and I have lots of free time outside school and work (NOTE: That might not be true like... every day.)

• @Forzare: Maybe not. Anyone who's got to leave can be written out (And back in) so long as they give proper notice.

• Thought this thread would be about Batman...

• I thought it was about the novel, but I'm curious to see how these internet roleplays work.

Name: Corbin Powless

Backstory

Corbin used to the shy girl with an interest in knights, now she slays dragons and unbeatable bosses on a regular basis in the MMORPG Corze-Code. She stopped hanging out with the group around the first time she was promoted in the guild and she started learning more about technology from her genius grandfather. She's now evolved into a very reserved girl who can hardly strike up a conversation with anyone but a teacher or fellow Corze-Code player and dresses like her grandmother who retired to Florida. Online, she becomes an excellent strategist and the leader of one of the most prominent guilds in the country.

She finds most of the group boring now yet she still tries to reconnect with them, to the relief of her parents, who want her to get out more so she doesn't end up like her grandpa. Her mother is Human Resources and Administration Executive at a big corporation and a venture capitalist while her father, a lawyer, spends most of his time in New York working with the Oneida tribe and their various legal dealings.

Stats

Strength: 2
    Speed: 6
    Coordination: 9
    Intelligence: 11
    Endurance: 5

• edited 2012-08-03 13:13:38

Name: Lawrence "Law" Reiner

Backstory: For most of his life, Law was the sort of kid who would watch any number of sports on TV -- boxing in particular -- and lament his physical shortcomings; he was quite obese, and quite aware of it, but quite uncaring. As low as his self-esteem was, he couldn't bring himself to change that for a while. He would more often set aside his frustration and talk of anything he watched enthusiastically, and for this he became a prime bullying target in middle school. But for a while, he could still enjoy the company of a few close friends, who made him feel better in their own special ways. But over the years, he withdrew further and further into himself, until he had only himself and his television for appreciated company.

Once Law reached high school, though, he finally had easy access to a gym, and in junior year, he worked vigorously to undo his bad habits, losing a considerable amount of weight and learning how to box like he had always wanted. He went rather far with the upper body compared to the legs, though, so they're still rather weak for a sport with so much moving around (and still very big compared to those of most professional boxers). Combined with his still-building cardio, he isn't exactly an ideal boxer, even now. He still needs work, but at least the strength is there, and he looks quite well. Having made it into a decent college, he feels that he has plenty of time to fulfill his dreams.

Stats:

Strength: 9
    Speed: 4
    Coordination: 8
    Intelligence: 7
    Endurance: 6

• You can change. You can.

Thought this thread would be about Batman...

I thought we'd be roleplaying the Batfam team too. :(

• edited 2012-08-06 20:55:07

Okay guys-- I got some background art done and I'd like some input on something: How should the characters be drawn? Stylized or not-so-stylized? I'm thinking of doing something simple. 

But what would you prefer?

• Has friends besides tanks now

Doesn't matter to me, but I guess I lean towards stylized.

Either way.