If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Magic: The Gathering

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Sure but I want multiplayer so summon someone else too.

• Spruce Zeudak's in.

Excellent.

That was really fun. Except for the whole "Getting my ass kicked" part. But yeah.

Also:

• Haven plays Homura.

• Me looks at his hand and hopes he has Mystical Teachings to get Rewind and use it

Sadly, the universe does not share my sense of humor

• You got your ass kicked, but at least it was by a bunch of dragoncats...on fire.

• a little muffled

Why must I always miss the EDHes.

Also, Talrand isn't working, someone suggest me a general to build.

• Tuknir Deathlock.

• a little muffled

maybe

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Glad this thread has new posts because I have something to say:

Griselbrand + Temporal Mastery acquired!

Number of Friends All 9s is gonna lose: 

• edited 2012-07-28 00:08:58
    Has friends besides tanks now

The funny thing is . . . well, here's the story:

After the draft (I went 1-2 again, so, you know, consistent with winning at least one match every time), my friend and I decided it would be a good idea to split a booster box, with him paying $60 and me $40 but splitting it evenly because he still owes me a shitton of money. So, among three Demonic Risings, two Rites of Ruin, etc., I pulled a Temporal Mastery, a Descent into Madness (boooooo), and Avacyn. He pulled a foil Bonfire of the Damned and a Tybalt. But he also had his other cards on him, and I knew he had a Griselbrand. So I was like, hey, I'll trade Avacyn for Griselbrand, and after giving it much thought, he did.

Perhaps not the best story, and I'm still not sure if I made the right decision or not. :D

EDIT: . . . No, I definitely made the right decision.

So, uh, I'm really happy with my mill deck at the moment, now that I've Modernized it. Anyone up for some Modern games against it?

• edited 2012-07-28 01:29:47
    smote

Mind if I use a netdeck? I don't know much about Modern, but a while ago I saw a zoo list I really liked.

• edited 2012-07-28 02:33:23

Sure thing.

EDIT: Okay, so maybe the deck could use a bit of sprucing up.

• edited 2012-07-28 23:52:07

Oh, hey, my friend's giving me grief for using Vampire Nighthawk again. Fun. (He seems to think that it and Elixir of Immortality are broken, when the former is just good, and the latter is good anti-mill at best). I mean, I get that it might be a little annoying that I'm using a Wurmcoil Engine, and Rite of Replication can be pretty ridiculous (especially when used to make five more Wurmcoil Engines), but why wouldn't I use them? And Nighthawk? Broken? Come on.

• edited 2012-07-29 18:50:03
    smote

Nighthawk is pretty nuts, but I wouldn't really call it broken.

Also.

Nighthawk is pretty nuts, but I wouldn't really call it broken.

quoting for agreement

• edited 2012-07-30 20:22:49

Man, it sucks when I go into a game with my mill deck not realizing that my friend has 74 cards in his deck. Would've won if not for that. >:c

Also, playing green in a multiplayer game where the other players are white, blue, or black suuuuuucks.

All Nines: I play Vorinclex.
    Friend 1: Counterspell*
    All Nines: ;_;

All Nines: *Hmm. I have Overwhelming Stampede and Boundless Realms in my hand, and a Territorial Baloth in play. I can kill people when my turn comes.*
    Friend 2: Liliana Vess. Nines, discard a card.
    All nines: ;_;

All Nines: Well, I'll still play Overwhelming Stampede (after using Harrow). My dudes are +8/+8 and trample. Die, 2 and 3!
    Friend 3: Holy Day. Prevent all combat damage this turn.
    All Nines: ;_;

Aaaaand I lost big time.

*Yeah, they use some pretty old cards sometimes, whatever.

On the plus side, I have Vorinclex now.

EDIT; Got the Krenko starter deck at Target. And pulled a second Krenko in one of the packs. Shweeeeet. And now I'm making a Modern Goblin deck on Cockatrice.

• edited 2012-07-30 21:45:10

Help, anyone? I'm having trouble deciding which ten cards (or more, depending on if I need more lands, but I think 20 is comfy, considering the way this deck's curve is looking) to get rid of. It's a hybrid between spell burn and goblin swarming.

2 Warren Instigator
    2 Siege-Gang Commander
    4 Goblin Guide
    2 Krenko, Mob Boss
    3 Krenko's Command
    4 Goblin Arsonist
    4 Pyromancer Ascension
    4 Lightning Bolt (somehow I doubt anyone here doesn't know what this card does)
    4 Goblin Grenade
    3 Wild Guess
    4 Goblin Chieftain
    4 Raging Goblin
    3 Reverberate
    20 Mountain
    2 Empty the Warrens
    3 Seething Song
    2 Furnace of Rath

EDIT: This is inspired by a game I won today on turn 5, with only two lands.

EDIT 2: Decided to also toss in some Comet Storms, and got rid of the Raging Goblins. It's coming along.

• I kinda want to make a new EDH deck out of Odric, or Gisella, or maybe Maelstrom Wanderer so I can listen this every time I cast him.

Although I really like all my EDH decks as is. Because they have trolling.

I haven't done Odric.

why haven't i done odric

• edited 2012-07-30 23:43:05

Because he's stupid and I hate him. >:(

Then again, I hate white, period.

Yet I have no problem with goblins or elves. They're the only two weenie types that I don't have an issue with, and it's probably because they can both get ridiculous to the point where they circle back to awesome.

Also, lifegain is really annoying. Come to think of it, I'll amend a post I made earlier in the thread: my least favorite deck strategy to play against is weenie-lifegain hybrid.

Lifegain for the sake of lifegain's really annoying. But decks that actually use lifegain as a resource are pretty good and one of my decks

• Rite of Replication + Opalescence + Doubling Season

Kick the Rite targeting the Season. You put 10 Doubling Season tokens into play, each as a 5/5 creature.

Now that you have 11 doubling seasons, any card that makes tokens or uses counters suddenly does 2048x what it used to do.

Then case Helix Pinnacle, paying 1 mana to {X} to win your next 20 games.

yes. good.

• edited 2012-08-02 16:59:59

I made a creatureless burn deck in the vein of a deck Juan used against me once. I want to see how well it fares in single-player (I'd ideally make it to be especially good in multiplayer), so is anyone around for a very quick game or two?

EDIT: Well, never mind about that, it seems I'm almost out of time. But if Juan could post the decklist for that deck, it would be appreciated.

• a little muffled

Burn decks in multiplayer are tricky. You're going to run out of gas fast if you use lots of single-target burn spells, but there aren't a ton of multi-target ones around and most aren't that good.

• edited 2012-08-02 17:38:52
    It mostly uses single-target burn, with I think 2 Comet Storms and 2 Bonfire of the Damned, or the Bonfires in the main deck and Storms in the sidedeck, or something. And then I use a playset of Faithless Looting and a playset of Wild Guess (which I think is much better once Pyromancer Ascension has two or more counters, which shouldn't be hard), to keep drawing cheap burn to compensate for the lack of big stuff. Also, 4 Seething Songs and 2 Form of the Dragon, just for fun.
  • a little muffled

Comet Storm is good. Bonfire's good too, but again, the fact that it only affects one player is a bit disappointing.

Honestly if you want to play "burn" in multiplayer you may be best off going black for things like Syphon Soul and Exsanguinate.

I mostly just want a deck that's all about just tossing fire and lightning everywhere as a dragon for the heck of it. But I might make a black burn deck too.
  • a little muffled

My multiplayer burn deck was BR (it wasn't great though).