If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Magic: The Gathering

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Man that's just like a third of all the decks I've built.

• a little muffled

And I think I'll delete the one with creatures.
    Do it.

Also, I barely have any EDH decks compared to you, jeez.

Clearly all of you need to do more. 

I dunno, I just like making them more than I like playing them. It's really weird.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I think I'll go with a Dungeons & Dragons Karrthus deck. As in, the little creatures are walls and the artifacts and lands contribute to the theme as well . . . lolidunno.

Dragons that a Karrthus deck could always use:

Balefire Dragon, Bladewing, The Risen, Broodmate Dragon, Darigaz the Igniter, Dragon Broodmother, Dragon Mage, Dragon Tyrant, Hellkite Overlord, Kilnmouth Dragon, Knollspine Dragon, Moonveil Dragon, Preysizer Dragon, Rimescale Dragon, Scourge of Kher Ridges, Skittles the Blight Dragon (This guy wins games) 

You don't need all of these, of course but it gives you a general idea of what you could want or not want. 

Also Dragonstorm's practically an obligation and you could use Minion Reflector too, in my opinion.

• a little muffled

@Juan: I haven't built for or played EDH in forever.

• edited 2012-07-25 17:59:36
    Has friends besides tanks now

Sorry to say, I'm a little too lazy to make that deck today.

But I was wondering if someone might be willing to help me playtest some of my irl decks against each other, a little later. I'm going out for a bit soon, I think. College item browsing and all.

I also spilled a drink on a bunch of my cards earlier. Mostly the green ones I didn't put in my deck. That still sucks, though. But at least none of my decks were harmed.

Yo who'd be up for EDHing around?

^Take your time. I was just giving recommendations on how I'd do it. Totally not planning to know how to beat your deck from the get-go. Nope.

• edited 2012-07-25 22:45:33
    In other news, it turns out that I had the cards to make a decent Goblin deck. Needs more Gaveleers, Grenades, and Pyromancer Ascensions, though.

Now to see what I can make for a white deck. It probably won't turn out well, since I traded a bunch of white cards to my friend a few day ago, but I think it would be good to check.
  • ^^ Sure, I'm game.

Hm. Any chance I could borrow one of your decks, Juan? If so, I'd be in, if you could give me a rundown of the deck's basic strategy.

• edited 2012-07-25 23:07:23
    You can change. You can.

Gimme a few, cuz I started another one with people from the cock program themselves. This is probably gonna end with at least one infinite combo

i do not know why do i do this to myself either

^ Sure. Just choose from the ones I posted and I can explain whichever choose.

Let's go with Szadek, then. Unless you have more than one, in which case the best or easiest to play, at your discretion.

Well, the Szadeck's pretty easy to handle. Basically, you mill your opponents and then use cards like Gruesome Encore and so on to use their cards from the graveyard and put them on your side. It needs some tuning up but last time, it did pretty well, in my opinion.

1 Wrexial, the Risen Deep
    1 Szadek, Lord of Secrets
    1 Induce Paranoia
    1 River's Grasp
    1 Barrin's Spite
    1 Blizzard Specter
    1 Treacherous Urge
    1 Clutch of the Undercity
    1 Diabolic Vision
    1 Havengul Lich
    1 Mind Funeral
    1 Telemin Performance
    1 Knowledge Exploitation
    1 Geth, Lord of the Vault
    1 Lim-Dûl's Vault
    1 Memory Plunder
    1 Nemesis of Reason
    1 Perplex
    1 Mystical Teachings
    1 Psychic Drain
    12 Swamp
    12 Island
    1 Coalition Relic
    1 Darksteel Ingot
    1 Demonic Tutor
    1 Demonic Collusion
    1 Increasing Confusion
    1 Increasing Ambition
    1 Soul Manipulation
    1 Spinal Embrace
    1 Ray of Command
    1 Rise from the Grave
    1 Beacon of Unrest
    1 Sol Ring
    1 Gilded Lotus
    1 Twisted Justice
    1 Darksteel Plate
    1 Lightning Greaves
    1 Swiftfoot Boots
    1 Chancellor of the Spires
    1 Sphinx of Magosi
    1 Sphinx of Uthuun
    1 Recurring Insight
    1 Underground Sea
    1 Creeping Tar Pit
    1 Darkslick Shores
    1 Drowned Catacomb
    1 Jwar Isle Refuge
    1 Salt Marsh
    1 Secluded Glen
    1 Tainted Isle
    1 Watery Grave
    1 Frost Marsh
    1 Reanimate
    1 Beguiler of Wills
    1 Cackling Counterpart
    1 Draining Whelk
    1 Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni
    1 Okiba-Gang Shinobi
    1 Archive Trap
    1 Mindbreak Trap
    1 Soulquake
    1 Devastation Tide
    1 Ethereal Usher
    1 Nemesis Trap
    1 Gruesome Encore
    1 Ashen Powder
    1 Puppeteer Clique
    1 Scion of Darkness
    1 Reliquary Tower
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    1 Sheoldred, Whispering One
    1 Brainspoil
    1 Sakashima's Student
    1 Silent-Blade Oni
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Insidious Dreams
    1 Echo Mage

Here, have a decklist.

Kay. Thanks.

• a little muffled

I missed out on EDH with you guys? Lame.

• edited 2012-07-26 10:39:48

Yep. Maybe you could have stopped Bastion from steamrolling me and Juan. Though that was sort of my fault for playing a mill deck while Bastion was using Geth.

• a little muffled

Yep. Maybe you could have stopped Bastion from steamrolling me and Juan.
    Unlikely. The First Rule of EDH is Haven always wins.

hey man there was that time we killed him through copious amounts of abuse and dickery.

• a little muffled

oh yeah, that time

• edited 2012-07-26 11:43:34

Well, this game gave me an idea for a new deck. Ninjas, man. Ninjas and Exalted, or something.

Hmmm does the ninja get the Exalted bonus?

• edited 2012-07-26 13:43:03

That would be the idea, since a card doesn't actually need to have Exalted to be boosted by other Exalted cards. So it would be like, have Tormented Soul attack, have some Duty-Bound Dead, Black Knights, or whatever Blue Exalted cards are out there --> unblockable --> unblockable Ninjutsu --> Ninja effect plus extra Exalted damage.

What I was thinking was more "As the ninja's not the creature who originally attacked alone, does the Exalted ability still trigger?"

• edited 2012-07-26 14:06:26

Oh. Good question, actually. But, from Nefarox, which is what I have on hand at the moment: "Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn". So, if Ninjutsu is returning the original lone attacker to your hand and bringing in another creature attacking by itself, I would assume Exalted still works, but this is kind of iffy, so I'll try looking it up.

EDIT: I guess not; there's a difference between a creature that happens to now be attacking alone, and a declared attacker by itself, apparently. Well, phooey. I thought I was onto something.

Shame. But you still have the gist of it there. As long as they connect and manage to do what they need to do, it's all good. 

• edited 2012-07-26 16:03:57

I guess. If you're at the point where you're making it impossible for your opponent to block your creatures, you're probably hitting pretty well anyway and shouldn't need that extra damage to take advantage.

EDIT: So I'm trying to make my White/leftover artifact cards into a stall/control thing, but I have to whittle 110 cards down to 40, at most.

• edited 2012-07-27 18:13:37
    smote
    "Yep. Maybe you could have stopped Bastion from steamrolling me and Juan. Though that was sort of my fault for playing a mill deck while Bastion was using Geth."

Still can't believe I got off that many counterspells...while playing mono black.

To be fair, our graveyard was your playground. 

• :D

Now I'm feeling like some EDH again. Up for it? I'll keep Geth in the vault this time.