If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Magic: The Gathering

Comments

• You can change. You can.

UNsets are gloriously silly

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! YOU'RE READING THIS IN DOCTOR FANSWORTH'S VOICE!

PLANECHASE 2012 IS UP IN ORACLE

So, no takers or Planar Cards submissions, then?

• Has friends besides tanks now

That Elfdrazi deck I put together for whatever reason worked a little too well against a friend. Which is to say, turn 4 20-0 win with Emrakul and Ulamog out after I had three or four elves at the start of the turn. The turn itself took at least five minutes and was really tedious, though.

I wish I could bring it to college to compete with whatever Vintage-level decks those guys have, but holy fuck would it be expensive.

• Vintage? Isn't that format for millionaires?

only if you play power 9.

otherwise, it's just for high class peeps

As expensive as it is, I'd imagine at least one or two people there would have decks like that. I've heard of some insane stuff happening in my area.

So, Cockatrice updated and I can't seem to make the update work

• edited 2012-07-08 18:23:07
    Has friends besides tanks now

Played my first prerelease event today. It could have gone better for me - I went 1-3, and the guy I beat wasn't the best of players - but I thought I played well, given what I had. I didn't get any Mythics, unfortunately, but I got three Blue rares - Void Stalker, Sphinx of Uthuun, and Spelltwine - and a Trading Post besides, so I went with a Blue/Black stally thing. I played against nothing but aggro, and more often than not, I either kept stupid hands or just didn't have enough at crucial points in the game to do anything and they had better creatures. I had some pretty good games, though. And I might be able to modify the Nicol Bolas duel deck I bought way back when. Got a Gem of Becoming, which is pretty sweet.

So, I got a new idea for a deck, looking at my current one (which I will probably ask for critique on at some point, because I have no clue where to go with it) and the cards I have: forced drawing Black control. I have noooo idea how it would work out, and I'll no doubt need to test it on Cockatrice first, but it should be pretty funny if I can pull it off. Though it would probably do best in multiplayer, and at that point, assuming it's any good, it would scream "kill me first!"

forced drawing Black control.

As in, using stuff like "Target players draws X cards and loses X life" as a wincon?

• edited 2012-07-09 16:06:42

Yep. And stuff like Underworld Dreams's "Whenever an opponent draws, they lose 1 life", if I can find more cards like that. And then stuff like Blood Seeker and walls/regenerators for creatures.

I still remember that time when I finished you off with Sign in Blood, by the way. :P 

I was thinking about that, actually. :p

Man, it's funny, I don't think you were the only one to do that. Zudak did it with Bloodgift Demon, as I recall.

Either way, another idea would be to include stuff like Distress to avoid your opponent to use the good stuff they would draw.

• edited 2012-07-09 16:17:00

Ooh, Forced Fruition is pretty hilarious, if I feel like using Blue as well.

And Consecrated Sphinx, if I absolutely must maintain card advantage.

Maybe Jin-Gitaxias, as well, if I use a bit of Reanimator-y stuff.

EDIT: It's weird. I have two playsets worth of Duress, and only one Distress.

• ^^^ Spiteful Visions, too.

• Man, it's funny, I don't think you were the only one to do that. Zudak did it with Bloodgift Demon, as I recall.

I know I Bloodgifted you in EDH once. It was vishkalarious.

We do not talk about your accomplishments for they are many and they hurt.

• edited 2012-07-09 20:18:19
    smote

I should put Storm Crow back in my Isperia deck.

^^^^ Yeah, I found that one soon after linking those other cards. That's definitely one that I'll have to work in. Too bad the only cards I have in real life along these lines are Underworld Dreams and Howling Mine, and I only have one of each.

• Oh, and Tefferi's Puzzle Box.

Indeed.

Okay, so I have a deck ready. Are there people on board for this?

I would be up for it if you get more people.

Although, if we get no one else, I could make up a single player draft, replacing mass-effect cards with more potent but more directed cards.

• mass-effect cards

Does that mean you're in? :D

• edited 2012-07-16 22:46:19

Sorted through all of my Magic cards with the help of 25 rubber bands. Phew. The commons are still jumbled, though, because fuck sorting through all of them and reordering them alphabetically (yes, I did this with the Uncommons, Rares, and Mythics).

Also, can anyone provide me with good blue/black cards for stopping fliers dead in their tracks? Preferably Standard or Modern legal. The best one I can think of so far is Fog Bank. Context: my current deck, a blue/black stall control deck, has performed pretty well against my friends . . . except against one dude's dragon deck. I have almost nothing at the moment to stop fliers once they're on the field, and, well, dragons hit hard.

• a little muffled

Um, Doom Blade?

Life's Finale

• edited 2012-07-16 22:58:28

^^ I guess. I have more than enough of those. But I was thinking more along the lines of permanents, or things that can deal with more than one creature over the course of the game. And I'm strapped for room and at a loss as to what I'd remove for it. And I unfortunately have only two Mana Leaks.

^ Hmm. That might work, especially since I'm running three Elixirs of Immortality.