If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Videogame Music thread.

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Yes, it is.  It's a nice cheery theme in F mixolydian, and one of the rare themes that is in a major or major-like tonality (such as mixolydian)--or, heck, anything other than a minor tonality.

• The fact that I can kind of understand what you just said with the help of the internet says something about me.

• edited 2012-07-12 15:28:30
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

How about another Mega Man series rarity: a theme that's not in four time!  How about one that mixes six, seven, and four (eight?) time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V1k-W5gT5A

Whoops, that's the stage, with lots of secrets and tips and stuff.

Here's the theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u_7dfeR7qo

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-07-11 15:39:52

Woah, hold on there!

I'm still wrapping my head around this mixolyidian business! ^^

Seriously, time is not one of my strong points. ._.

Still, not really a big fan of Crystal Snail's theme though. Something about it doesn't sit with me. It's not the time though.

"mixolydian" is about the notes it uses.  A normal F major typically uses the notes F, G, A, Bb, C, D, E, but Spring Man's theme primarily uses F, G, A, Bb, C, D, Eb.

As for Crystal Snail, the thing about time involves counting beats.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-07-11 15:44:05

Ah, I see.

Most of the reasons I like certain songs are I like how it sounds. Though I am trying to give them a more critical look.

• edited 2012-07-12 13:47:49
    "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Speaking of time signatures, try keeping track of time in this:

Seriously, it jumps between 3/4, 4/4, and 5/4 within moments. Actually, let me see if I can track it:

| 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 |: 4 - 3 - 3 - 3 | 4 - 5 - 3 - 3 | 5 - 5 | 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 :| 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 | 5 - 5 | 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 | 5 - 5 - 6 - 5 | 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 | 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 | and repeat. Good lord.

• edited 2012-07-12 15:28:48
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

That track is like the NES Metroid Norfair theme on steroids.  That one jumps between three and four.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBKWYGXnIU4

• Stop what you're doing and listen to this right the fuck now:

• They're somethin' else.

8=========D   ~~~ ~~~  ~=O  >.<

Oh, the other reason to post eleven-character codes rather than embeds: The page loads faster.

• Or, you know, you could post links instead of embeds and have a page that loads faster and it's not annoying to go to a particular video.

Problem is that simply posting the URL of the video (with http:// in front) will cause the forum software to parse it into an embed.

• edited 2012-07-12 15:13:05
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

That's not true, in my experience at least. It defaults to a link, and you have to unlink it to get an embed.

What browser do you use?

I use Firefox 3 and when I copy/paste from the address bar it becomes plaintext and then an embed when I post.

Now if I've bookmarked the video, then copy the bookmark and paste, it becomes a link which stays a link.

• edited 2012-07-12 15:18:05

In any case, people definitely should stop embedding videos in every post because every time I open this thread my browser hangs for like 15 seconds.

(EDIT: It takes like 2 seconds to paste a link and then highlight it and click the link button and paste the link again)

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^I'm on Chrome.

Okay, I'll change mine to hyperlinks.

To be honest, I'm wondering whether we should disable the auto-embed feature altogether; it's convenient but it makes these sorts of pages massive and nasty.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I think we should keep the feature, but maybe discourage using it in every post in a thread.

• Hai gaiz, listening to music made me realize I really like Flame Man's theme. I mean like for serious. Also forgot we had a game music thread.

My absolute favorite song in Mega Man 6.

Check out the OC Remix "Master of Flame".

• That's what inspired me to post that in the first place.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Everyone should watch this video at least once in their lives.

• You can change. You can.

• edited 2012-07-24 00:45:21
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

"What is a man but the sum of his memories?  We are the stories we live!  The tales we tell ourselves!"

This has been stuck in my head for the past 5 hours.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-08-18 01:30:55

Hate the game, like the music.

Anyone else got any songs they like from games they hate?

• edited 2012-08-18 01:44:34
    There is love everywhere, I already know

I'd post more stuff I like but that'd just be the entire X-2 soundtrack...