If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Annoying is such a subjective criteria it's not even funny.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Ah it's a semantics thing then. When I say a character is likeable I mean I would find them likeable if I had to interact with them. If they were a good character or interesting, I would use those words to describe them. 

• edited 2012-06-12 00:19:00
    There is love everywhere, I already know

AKB0048's Ushiyama-sensei should be offending me (In a 'oh! naive anime-writers!' sort of way) but I can't bring myself to not like him. He's actually competent (he acts it too), which is something you don't see a lot with flamboyantly gay characters both in anime and out.

• edited 2012-06-12 00:20:07

I really need to catch up on that.

And every other show I'm watching this season.

I'm like two or more weeks behind on everything.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

I'm behind on Hyouka (2 Episodes) and Accel World (3? Yes, I'm watching that. Why? It's bad in the best way possible). Also haven't seen a lot of Go-busters after re-watching Fourze and Akiba fourty times or so, but that's for the Toku thread.

Mostly I don't want to watch Accel World because I stopped right before the loli was introduced and those always creep me out...

• Well, okay, I'm apparently just behind by 2 episodes on pretty much everything.  Except for Jewelpet Kira☆Deco!, where I am like 8 episodes behind (but I still want to watch it!  I swear!).

Mostly I don't want to watch Accel World because I stopped right before the loli was introduced and those always creep me out...

:c

Except for Jewelpet Kira☆Deco!

Where did you find subs for that show? I looked everywhere...

^ It was as bad as I thought it'd be, then they seemed to realize that the high school kid was drooling over a fifth grader and she suddenly turned evil.

The next episode has Black Lotus treat the fifth grader as actual competition for her high school boyfriends love.

A FIFTH GRADER.

• Where did you find subs for that show? I looked everywhere...

Critter-Subs is subbing it, and I don't think they have a website, but just look on nyaa or TokyoTosho.

Thanks!

• Read the latest One Piece chapter.

Spoiler:
    Wonder who the guy in the white suit is? Vegapunk? Does that make Law Vegapunk's son or apprentice?

• Has friends besides tanks now

Spoiler:
    I feel like we would have learned by now if he was related to Vegapunk. I also wouldn't have expected Vegapunk to be outwardly antagonistic. Or to be capable of flooring Law without even touching him. Or he found Law's heart, which he himself doesn't have. But boy, the whole chapter is a hell of a cliffhanger, and it really bites that this is the week where we get a break.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    ^ serial fiction everybody! Timing cliffhangers for maximum frustration.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Tsuritama is starting to lose me a bit, now that it's gotten all plot heavy. 

That's it, I was so against picking up Kokoro Connect this coming season but those promo images are just too pretty to not give a trial three episodes to.

• The PV seemed decent enough, plus it's directed by Shin Oonuma, so that's pretty much enough to get me to watch it.

Or, really, way more than enough to get me to watch it, since I was already planning on it before I knew those things...

• edited 2012-06-15 09:40:24

I just don't like the premise (The third episode of Natsuiro Kiseki stretched out to 12-26 episodes...), but it might work out as a 'Let's learn about each other!' thing. Plus at least one of the characters will have to switch sexes, so that could be interesting to watch...

So, next season starts next Sunday! Let's see:

Tari Tari looks like Hanasaku Iroha WITH K-ON-ness!

Chitose Get You may end up being cute and funny or Kodomo no Jikan creepy.

Dakara Boku Wa H Ga Dekinai, as said on many imageboards, looks exactly like High School DxD.

Dog Days' (Yes, the ' is the subtitle) HAS NANA MIZUKI AND YUI HORIE IN IT, so yeah, don't care how horrid the plot is

Ebiten may or may not have lots of yaoi-ness in it, so I'm definitely watching (...What? Don't judge me!).

Estetica looks fun and fantasy-ish. There seems to be a harem, but I'm going to give it a chance.

Joshiraku looks fun too.

Kokoro Connect is so freaking pretty, I'll give it a chance.

Sword Art Online I'll probably hate, but I like Yuki Kajiura.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Started Deadman Wonderland. I liked the anime well enough but it worked too fast to wrap things up in twelve episdoes so hopefully the manga will rectify that.

• Chitose Get You may end up being cute and funny or Kodomo no Jikan creepy.

It's not lolicon-ish, really.  There are a lot of jokes about that sort of thing, but there's no ecchi/fanservice stuff.  Unless the anime is somehow totally different from the manga.

And no Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita?  Not that I actually have any idea what it's about but the art is so pretty!  Look at those pastel colors!

Anyway, I still have so much anime to catch up on before July.  I guess... I need to get on that, huh?

• edited 2012-06-20 10:53:10
    Has friends besides tanks now

I need to become acquainted with all these shows that are apparently similar to K-On!. And maybe finish NGE (depends on if I need to see it to enjoy EoE, which I'm much more psyched for, honestly). And fourteenwings's post reminds me that I left Hanasaku Iroha after a few episodes for some reason (I tried watching a bunch of things at the same time, and most of the series involved were left at the wayside in favor of Nichijou).

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    You really should finish the series before you watch End. As soon as possible, too.

Not that I can really talk. Still haven't made any progress in K-On.

• edited 2012-06-20 11:07:19

I need to become acquainted with all these shows that are apparently similar to K-On!.

Not in any particular order: Tamayura, Ichigo Mashimaro, Manabi Straight, Hidamari Sketch, Lucky Star, Kanamemo, Minami-ke, Azumanga Daioh.  And other shows that I either forgot about or haven't seen yet.  Unless you're just talking about new/upcoming shows, in which case try Tari Tari or Joshiraku.

And yes you have to finish Evangelion to see End of Evangelion, obviously.  Well, I guess you could skip over the last two episodes, but the TV version was a lot better than End of Evangelion, I thought, and it'd be a waste to skip over them.

Oh, and Hanasaku Iroha was great so you should try watching it again.

• edited 2012-06-20 11:05:44

With all the stuff I have to watch I'm probably never going to get to Nichijou...

Speaking of Eva, I'm really tired of waiting for the Rebuild movie series to end, I've watched the first two so many times I have the dub dialogue memorized. On the same note, I'm sort of mad the series will still go on without Utada...

@DYRE: The fairy thing? I'm not too interested in the concept. Maybe I'll give it equal time with Estetica and see how it goes.

Anybody planning on watching that school drama with the word Chocolate in the name?

Hanasaku Iroha after a few episodes for some reason

Go watch it now. It's the best thing EVER very good for a quiet Sunday afternoon.

but the TV version was a lot better than End of Evangelion

Agreed.

So is Hidamari Sketch any good?

• edited 2012-06-20 11:11:45
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I don't know that I'd agree that it's better, but the TV ending is definitely really interesting. It's been a year and a half since I've seen either.

• So is Hidamari Sketch any good?

I sure thought so.  Though I haven't seen past the first season yet.  It's cute and relaxing and pretty funny and full of Akiyuki Shinbo's usual style (so your enjoyment of it would probably have a lot to do with whether or not you like his other anime).  It's hard to say how good a show like it is in a more objective way, but for what it's worth, I liked it about as much as I liked Azumanga Daioh and Ichigo Mashimaro, so...

I do like his other stuff, so I guess I'll go for it. Later though, the Spring 2012 load is catching up with me and I still have four unwatched Akibaranger episodes...

• edited 2012-06-20 11:30:25

Also...

Anybody planning on watching that school drama with the word Chocolate in the name?

Apparently yes, since it's on my Plan-to-watch list, though I don't actually remember why.  Oh well, I will check it out I guess.  Though, the premise doesn't particularly interest me, nor does any of the staff or cast, so... well, I'll figure out in a couple weeks.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I should finish watching Gunbus--

Chocolate

CHOCOLATE?

CHOCOLATE?

CHOCOLAAAATE!!!!!

• edited 2012-06-20 11:36:59

Koi to Senkyou no Chocolate or something like that. I'm assuming it's a harem about Serious Business school elections.

So no, it's not about a budding Chocolatier in Japan trying to get the world to recognize his talent-

Why has nobody made an anime about Chocolatiers?

Nevermind, read the description, seems interesting, I'll give it a couple of episodes.

If I add any more I'm so failing my courses this year...

• edited 2012-06-20 11:38:15
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

CHOCOLAAAATE!

...why hasn't anyone made Demashita! SpongeBob SquarePants Z?