If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

D&D Next Playtesting

edited 2012-06-06 18:46:35 in Roleplaying
Has friends besides tanks now

Since it's summer and there are no other RPG's taking anyone's time here at the moment, I thought this would be a good opportunity to start up a group to do some playtesting on D&D 5e. Should this get off the ground, this adventure will be different from the sort that I'd normally run; balance is probably still wonky, I didn't write the adventure, and the characters are mechanically pre-made. This set of materials is mostly a test of the most basic rules of the game; it even only goes to levels 1-3, so you won't have wacky wizard warring shenanigans (yet, although the game will never fall victim to that, I hope). You're free to make whatever criticisms you like, and I can't exactly hold them against you (e.g. if Alex wants to use the opportunity to criticize WOTC's lack of proper differentiation between weapons, and he signs up for this thing, he can even bring the complaint to those who're in charge of this stuff).

The link is here. You'll need an account there in order to download the materials and post feedback to the forums.

Ideally, I'd like five players (and I can't accept any more than that, since there are only five test characters made), with varying levels of familiarity with D&D as a whole, so that I can get both comparisons with previous editions and unbiased commentary. I'd like to emphasize the point that I want anyone and everyone who participates to actually provide feedback if they come up with anything, and think critically throughout the whole thing. If we get enough people for a decently-sized party, I'll then leave it to the players to decide which character they want to be.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I'll join in, I think. Probably.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Sure why not. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Right, downloaded the thing, but haven't had time to read much of it. I probably want to play the rogue, BTW.

Having trouble accessing the site for some reason. 

And dammit INUH, I wanted to be rogue. Oh well, I'll look at other classes. 

Ok got it working just waiting for the e-mail.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Bumpity.
  • probably human

Eh, count me in.

Well, there's three. Ideally, we'd have two more, but if we had even one more, that would be fine, too.

It okay if I call Wizard? From what it looks like fighters seem to be pretty boring so... =|

I think the fighter is kinda cool compared to previous editions (or 3e, at least), but that should be fine.

Personally it feels like a backpedal. It's better than 3e but it abandons what kept the fighter interesting in 4e.

Okay, so I'll bump it this one last time and hope for the best. So far we've got:

Everest - Dungeon Master
    INUH - Rogue
    Malkavian - Wizard
    dmboogie -

I'd really like one more, at least, but I can't take more than two. If I had to - if no one else joins after I post this - I could run one of the characters as well as play, but I'd rather not.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

No promises, but I did sign up to get the rules.