If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Legend of Korra

Comments

• Spider-Lin is best character. I hope next episode features her going to save the Avatar outside the law.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Spider-Lin, Spider-Lin, does whatever a spider... C'n?
  • No rainbow star

Anybody else hoping Tarlok dies a horrible, horrible death?

• I'm a damn twisted person

Not unless he gives another kickass fight scene again before he bites it. 

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I think Tarlok (anybody else think the name sounds Klingon) being killed would be antithetical to the themes of Avatar.

And I know I've said this before, but I'm still frustrated they haven't done anything with Korra being spiritually retarded.

They still have half a season to go man. But hey this whole imprisonment thing Tarlok is forcing on her might be something to push the issue. Caged up somewhere with nothing else to do, Korra will probably have to start looking inward and at least bouncing off her spiritual block. 

I just feel like they've go so much to do and the plot is already so overambitious they're not going to handle it all that great.

I've found that waiting and seeing works best for stuff that is still airing.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^^The previews seem to indicate just that.

Solid episode. The shipping came back but it was within proper story and character parameters. I really dug seeing Aang, Sokka, and Toph again aged up. (though I still don't get Toph as police chief. If anything she'd be Dirty Harry...et) and nice to see both some spiritual stuff happen (though sadly it only acted as exposition) and that I was right about Amon coming to 'rescue' her and raising some genuine questions about Amon.

And I liked it too. 

^They explained it in the inter-quel comics, Toph only has problems with authority when she's not in charge.

Yeah, but even the chief of police has to answer to someone.

• No rainbow star

So wait, Amon is immune to blood bending?

And I SWEAR that the vision was trying to draw parallels between Amon and Aang...

• edited 2012-06-09 20:54:52
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

He is not inmune, he is highly resistant.

I think he just powered through it, Amon is just that hardcore.

^^Yep, note how they both energybend, and pay attention to where they place their hands.

Maybe Amon is one of those prodigy Benders who shows up and breaks established rules. Like he is some sort of anti-bender.
  • edited 2012-06-09 21:43:16
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Maybe he is an energybender. It ought to be able to do more than just depowering individuals.

• No rainbow star

^^^ So many parallels that I am expecting people to start theorizing that Aang somehow didn't die and due to some sort of wonky stuff, is still alive even with Korra around, and is now Amon

Hell, I made that joke and promised a whole subreddit that I'd eat a straw hat and provide proof if that turns out to be the case

• ^Pics when it happens. :P

Good episode. Lin is the best character. I wish Tarrlok had been able to dominate Republic City for  more than 1.5 episodes though.

• You can change. You can.

My issue with the show is that it has really cool ideas and characters, but it doesn't play much with them.

anyway, aang can't be amon. aang has to die for there to be another avatar.

You think logic and basic consistency with how the universe works will stop weird fan theories?

• You can change. You can.

hush, you, let me be a pedant

Most plausible ideas. Either Amon is some sort of energy bending prodigy or he is Yakkon, embittered and crazy by the loss of his bending. But that idea only works if we assume he figured out how to reverse engineer the bending removal technique after Aang took away his bending and he has the ability to use it. So leaning towards energybending prodigy right now. 

• though I still don't get Toph as police chief. If anything she'd be Dirty Harry

She was 12 in the original series and 40 in the vision, so she probably grew out of it. (I can see her being an important element in the way the Republic was founded, actually, always advocating for a form of authority that wasn't as restrictive as the main examples she knew: Fire Nation imperialism, Ba Sing Se's rigid stratification and police state, and her parents' "you are blind and helpless and weak, breathing exercises only!" attitude.)

• edited 2012-06-10 18:26:49

Okay so predictions: Amon is a robot. He can't be blood-bent because he has grease instead of blood. He uses invisible lasers to attack the brain. 

OR Amon is a really good firebender, a once-in-a-lifetime's-blue-moon genius that Tarlok is, and is able to heat his own blood to evade the blood-bend. He uses small bursts of heat, the technique refined by Sparky-Sparky-Boom-Boom Man, to make small explosions to give his targets brain damage.

OR Amon is perfectly mortal, he just knows the Hokuto no Ken - a refinement of chi-blocking - and can ATATATATATATATA people until their ears fall off and their bending stops working and their brains are damaged.

Amon is clearly Pabu piloting a robot suit made by Sato and voiced by Steve Blum.

Amon is actually Hideo Kojima.

• No rainbow star

Amon is clearly Korra

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Something I noticed re: the metalbending police, is that I'm not sure if I've seen them do anything particularly impressive regarding Earthbending.

It's like they were trained in Metalbending, rather than Earthbending. Which would shut my earlier complaints about metalbenders up, as I can see people exclusively trained in one previously-next-to-unknown bending style by the person who discovered it, as long as they're not also like, super-awesome Earthbenders too.

^That's actually possible, the Promise comic has Toph opening a metalbending school and her first 3 students knew jack shit about earthbending but were able to metalbend.