If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Magic: The Gathering

Comments

• edited 2012-06-01 02:34:29

Reminds me I haven't build any EDH deck in Cockatrice yet. Anyhow, can't guarantee I'll be available at any specific time tomorrow or maybe afterwards.

• edited 2012-06-01 13:40:39
    Has friends besides tanks now

Well, I just decided something: if I ever make an EDH deck, the general will be Griselbrand.

Or maybe not, on account of the cost of casting him that's still in effect.

• edited 2012-06-01 13:47:55
    a little muffled

The chances of Griselbrand being banned in EDH (either as a general or completely) are looking pretty high right now, btw.

• Has friends besides tanks now

o

Well, I guess that isn't too surprising.

• You can change. You can.

I've heard of that but to me it seems kinda ridiculous to ban him. I mean, he's a great great great card, don't get me wrong, but it's no necropotence in a game where spot removal and wraths are near constant.

• a little muffled

If he drew the cards at EOT like Necro that argument would hold water. As it is, though, there's a reason Yawgmoth's Bargain is banned and Necropotence is not, and Griselbrand is essentially Yawgmoth's Bargain that you can use as your general.

Spot removal and wraths are irrelevant because you can draw 35 cards in response to spot removal and if you're playing dirty, the game ends the turn you cast him. He is legitimately the best combo general ever printed.

Oh, I confused Necropotence with the Bargain. 

Guess you're right, but I still think he shouldn't be banned entirely. I think that at the very least, he should get the Rofellos treatment and let that be that.

Anyone up for a few games against my old vampire deck? I want to see how it holds up against whatever new decks you might have made in the time that I've stopped.

• edited 2012-06-01 17:20:22
    a little muffled

So what time is this Planechase game meant to happen? Tomorrow perhaps?

My experience from TV Tropes is that pre-planned games tend not to pan out due to the difficulty of getting everyone together, but I'd really like to make this happen.

Edit: Also, if it's not EDH, what banlist would be best to build for? Legacy? Vintage? Just plain DBAJ?

Well, it depends on when the new Planechase cards are uploaded and when I get everyone's planar cards deck lists to run it in the proper client.

• a little muffled

Okay, fair enough, just figuring out when I need to have a workable sixty-card multiplayer deck by. Unless you guys want to play against elves I guess.

No! Get something that doesn't make me raeg plz 

as for banlists, I think Legacy's works, really.

• a little muffled

Honestly, playing that elf deck makes me rage and also makes games go on for three hours because I'm gaining 10 life a turn but all my dudes are 1/1s.

• I REALLY want to make a Krond EDH, but I'm afraid how violently my friends would react.

Krond's condition seems to balance the whole thing fairly well. Not like he isn't any good but I digress

• ^Except any Krond EDH will likely be filled with tons and tons of auras.

Fair enough. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't mind playing against a Krond deck because it's not like it gets to exile permanents easily and because I can cut down on its power through enchantment hate and vindicate effects.

• a little muffled

Krond is also lacking in hexproof.

• Right, if only there was an aura-loving general with Hexproof.

Yeah I mean, it's not like Wizards would even do such a thing, right.

• a little muffled

That would be terrible.

• edited 2012-06-02 12:17:55

New M13 Spoilers!

We're getting a reprint of Serra Avatar, and a cool new legendary!

Talrand, Sky Summoner - 2UU

Legendary Creature - Merfolk Wizard

Whenever you cast and instant or sorcery spell, put a 2/2 blue Drake creature token with flying onto the battlefield.

2/2

I am so making an EDH with this guy.

Not really that great a general, but I can easily see it as a support legendary creature for token decks

• a little muffled

I might as well. I could actually justify going 100% creatureless outside of the general.

...Well, okay, Snapcaster Mage would probably sneak in there.

Dralnu, I'm guessing?

So, I don't know if I'll actually be able to male this thing. When's it start? If I can mame it, though, I just made a new R/W splash vampire deck to try out.
  • edited 2012-06-02 12:30:46
    You can change. You can.

Well, we don't know yet. Planechase 2012 is released today so I'm hoping that Oracle will be soon updated.

ETA: Was released yesterday, actually.

• edited 2012-06-02 14:38:27
    a little muffled

@Juan: No, I meant a Talrand deck.

• edited 2012-06-04 21:06:42

Anyone been following the M13 spoilers? Some of them look really interesting:

Smelt     R

Instant

Destroy target artifact

Well it's about freaking time, Wizards.

Also HOLY CRAP VAMPIRE NIGHTHAWK REPRINT.