If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Touhou threads don't exist

edited 2015-12-30 05:23:09 in Media

So I made one.

(The title's disclaimer refers to Danbooru.)

Lately I've been playing Youyou Kengeki Musou (the top-down action one with Youmu). It's quite nice, if very repetitive.

Comments

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Are there any good platforming fangames that might run in my shitty computer?
  • edited 2012-04-24 15:25:59

Do Megamari or Super Marisa World work?

Edit: If those work, there's also Sanae Challenge! FUSION. Also, the Meiling and Cirno one and Touhou Katsugeki Kidan (the one with Momiji), although to tell the truth the latter doesn't seem very fun.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-04-24 16:34:45

There's a Castlevania one with Reimu Belmont whipping the shit out of things, but it also looks unusually hard even for a Touhou fangame.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Tohos don exits

Sorry >.>

• My arms are falling off!

I'm a wig and hair decs away from completing my Reimu cosplay.

I'll post pics once I get everything.

• There's also Touhou Hirabunroku, the one where you can swap between characters.

^ Oh, I wanna see!

• probably human

This reminds me, I still have to 1C Imperishable Night.

CURSE YOU, REISEN, I'LL GET YOU YET!

• Touhous don't real.

• edited 2012-04-25 09:02:37
    Kichigai birthday!!
    I always have more trouble with Reimu that with Reisen
  • Kichigai birthday!!

please respond

• I always have more trouble with Reimu that with Reisen

Same here, except with Marisa rather than Reimu (as I mostly play with the Border or Ghost teams). The same probably goes for Eirin.

^ Do they have any other besides the Mountain of Faith one?

• Kichigai birthday!!

Yep. There's also a Billy Herrington one but I can't embed it for obvious reasons

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm14898708

• I mean, game-specific collections.

Anyhow, I kinda wish you didn't lose two bombs instead of one when deathbombing in Imperishable Night, it's a bit hard to be extra-paranoid on that game and not the others. The extended window for deathbombing is nice, though.

• edited 2012-04-26 05:25:48
    My arms are falling off!

The idea is that deathbombing is "lazy" bombing--letting the game tell you "whoops you screwed up, but you can still save yourself" instead of preemptively firing one. Ketsui Death Label has a similar concept: auto-bombing (if enabled) depletes your entire bomb stock.

However, I sometimes use deathbombing if I'm practicing trying to actually maneuver through patterns instead of just panic-bombing at the cost of improving my dodging skills.

I might get back into playing Touhou games. While I enjoy CAVE games for having very involved scoring systems and awesome stages, it's TH games that bust out all the fancy puzzle-esque patterns.

(And also, I need to clear out TH06's extra stage once and for all.)

• I don't even understand what Touhou is...

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It's a bunch of lolis who shoot at each other with magic multicoloured bullets that fly in complex patterns because.

• edited 2012-04-26 05:40:24
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Tecnically speaking, they're adults who look like lolis because the guy who makes them is a crappy artist and doesn't know proportions.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

And technically speaking, they're not bullets, and technically speaking, there is both an in-universe and an out-of-universe why the bullets fly in said patterns.

Shush, you're ruining my joke.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Also, the music kinda rocks. 

But the music isn't the Touhous.

Some of the toohoos are music, like the Prismriver Sisters. 

However, that's what A Touhou is, not The Touhous.

Now toohoos are music. 

I have no counterpoint to this except cat.

And thus, Touhous are not music.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Tecnically speaking, they're adults who look like lolis because the guy who makes them is a crappy artist and doesn't know proportions.

Well, some are, like Remi and Flandre, and a few are teenagers, but yeah, ZUN just mostly sucks at drawing.

> 2012
    > trying to justify fapping on Danbooru

• edited 2012-04-26 09:08:57

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

> 2012
    > trying to justify fapping on Danbooru

Ewww, no. >:(

• What is a Toohoo? Godzilla's father, right?

• edited 2012-04-26 22:07:42

You know what I said about Youyou Kengeki Musou being repetitive? It stops being so halfway through.

Anyhow, which Touhou RPG would y'all recommend?

Edit edit edit:

I don't even understand what Touhou is...

http://www.cracked.com/funny-1750-touhou/