If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Magic: The Gathering

Comments

• Source of the announcement, from the official MtG Twitter feed.

• a little muffled

Punisher cards are always worse than they look. Vexing Devil might actually be the best one yet, but letting your opponent choose what you get -- even though a 4/3 or 4 damage for one mana are both good -- makes the card a lot worse.

• edited 2012-04-23 16:43:43
    Has friends besides tanks now

For what it's worth, I'm also the sort of player who doesn't think Lightning Bolt is very fun. Both cards just have a bit more raw power than I'm comfortable with. I mean, just the concept of a 4/3 for one with no drawback once its casting effect is resolved is offensive to me.

/says the guy whose second favorite color is green

• You can change. You can.

3 damage is really not that much in the great scheme of things. With that said, yeah, Lightning Bolt is probably one of the better burn spells out there.

• edited 2012-04-23 21:13:45

Easily.

Two more questions:

1. What's the easiest way to update Cockatrice for the newest sets (assuming the newest sets have been included yet)?

2. Anyone up for a couple of games? I want to use the monoblack vamp deck again a few times, before maybe getting back into this and trying something more daring.

1. What's the easiest way to update Cockatrice for the newest sets (assuming the newest sets have been included yet)?

Newest set was just spoiled at the mothership, so you hafta wait till Gatherer has it. There is probably a patch out there in the Salvation forums, but in my experience, a little patience is worth it, especially as not everyone uses it and it causes some confusion.

I'd play, were I on a better mood (And if I didn't main a mono red creatureless burn deck. :P)

• Has friends besides tanks now

Heh, fair enough on both counts.

• a little muffled

@Everest:

I mean, just the concept of a 4/3 for one with no drawback once its casting effect is resolved is offensive to me.

That doesn't really make sense. Once it's on the battlefield, a 4/3 for one is the same thing as a 4/3 for four.

I think he means something like Treacherous Pit Lord, which is a demon with a drawback for a cheap cost and higher power than its cost would normally give to you. 

Granted, the issue is that the devil in question does have a drawback, which is the fact that your opponent gets to choose what happens with it, which is the difference between life and death most of the time. At least, in limited, anyway

• a little muffled

My point on Vexing Devil is that it makes no sense to say that the drawback doesn't exist after ETB triggers are done with, because at that point the fact that it costs one mana "doesn't exist".

On turn 1 it's going to be 4 damage to the face every single time (which makes your Stormblood Berserkers sad), and on a clogged board it's always going to be a 4/3. It's a decent card, no doubt, but giving your opponent a choice is a huge downside.

• From this guy's Deviantart, a card alteration that made me laugh way more than I feel comfortable admitting...

Omn- Wait, what?

So, we finally got the Planechase decklists.

man i can't wait for all these planes. it's gonna be awesome

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I went to an event and I got free cards. Pretty awesome.

Nice. Which cards did you get?

Some green elves.

...you poor panamanian. better luck next time!

I like green, I picked the box myself.

oh green's cool. it can do cool things, alright. it's just that i have a personal axe to grind against elves (for they are evil you see)

Coat of Arms!

Guys, so Planechase's released tomorrow and to be honest, it's been literally a month since I've had my Magic fix, so here's what we gonna do, if we are gonna do it, anyway >_>

The official decklists are published in the link on the top. You don't have to play with those decks, but you have to choose 4 planar cards for the planar deck. You might choose them based on any criteria you desire (You find them fun, or they are convenient and combo with your decks or whatever) 

You can also choose from the old planar cards found here

• a little muffled

Why four cards? Planar decks are supposed to be ten planes per player, aren't they?

Also is this EDH or what? And are we playing on Cockatrice?

I was choosing a random quantity but if ten's the regulation then that's even better.

I don't think it's gonna be EDH as Everest doesn't like the format and Forzare doesn't have an EDH deck (That I know of)

• edited 2012-05-31 21:05:35
    a little muffled

I can throw together something for sixty-card fun (or I can use my horrible elf deck); I miss playing with people who aren't Cockatrice randoms too.

And yeah, when playing with a shared planar deck, it's supposed to be forty cards or ten per player, whichever is smaller (and no more than two phenomena per player).

I actually kinda miss playing sixty-cards, although the only deck I'm using these days is Pyro Ascension creatureless. Although I created a shitty deck the other day with nothing but Avenger named cards and Tooth and Nail just so I get to make shitty obvious jokes. Prolly should play that.

• edited 2012-05-31 21:15:30
    a little muffled

After building so many hundred-card singleton decks I find it really hard to build decks that only have ten or eleven distinct cards.

Maybe I should build a Battle of Wits deck or something.

Inorite? It's just so hard to choose what goes in and what goes out so you end throwing one of everybody but you know it doesn't make sense but you still don't know what to throw away. It's annoying.

• edited 2012-05-31 21:20:59

I'm still waiting for Cockatrice to update for the newer Innistrad block sets so I can try out some copies of the new Sorin in the Vampire deck I have that's currently all creatures.

• a little muffled

Cockatrice doesn't update by itself; you have to run Oracle. The Dark Ascension patch came out, like...the day after Dark Ascension came out.

• edited 2012-05-31 21:31:14

Oh. Hmm.

EDIT: Thanks for reminding me about Oracle, Nyktos.