If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Rick Santorum nearly calls Barack Obama the N Word

Comments

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Nah. Tricky Rick was probably going to say "negotiator." He's probably racist, but he's not stupid.

• a little muffled

lol, Rick Santorum

• lol, nonfactors in the general election

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

lol, LiveJournal

• edited 2012-03-30 20:43:08
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I would say that Santorum shot himself in the foot, but he's already shot himself in foot by being Santorum.

But he's running against Mitt Romney.  That helps.

• Isn't Mitt Romney the least worst candidate?

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

That's like saying that the guillotine is the least painful way to be executed.

• You can change. You can.

It's not like it matters. If Romney wins, he'll probably pick Santorum as his running mate

• edited 2012-03-30 21:19:36
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Isn't Mitt Romney the least worst candidate?

He was some years back. Now, not so much.

^That would be his style.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^On the other hand...look at the other Republicans.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^How long do you think until Romney will be just like them? That's been the general trend with him since like 2007.

• You can change. You can.

Ok, so, as I recall, we have Santorum, who's...well, Santorum. No words. Romney, who's less of a total dick and Bachman, who's like Palin, but lobotomized and as if someone replaced the cut parts of her brain with dog shit. 

Anyone else?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^Yeah, but the other ones already are just like themselves :P

^Bachman, thankfully, dropped out.

• edited 2012-03-30 22:03:56

^^The other ones are Newt Gingrich, a hypocrite who wants to impose family values on everyone and yet had many infidelities himself.

And then there's Ron Paul, who is an Austrian School crank and wants to go back to the gold standard.

Bachman's been out of the race for a while, IIRC. Gingrich is somehow still in the race though.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-03-30 22:06:21

Well we had Pawlenty, until people scared him off by pushing fucking Bachmann.

Still...I mean...his platform was basically "the same but slightly less extreme".

• edited 2012-03-30 22:06:01
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

You know, even with the gold standard thing, Paul is probably the least worst Republican of the year, since at least he's sane about social issues, while the others, as I understand it, are pretty bad about economic and social stuff.

And besides, I don't think the president actually has the authority to introduce the gold standard :P

• edited 2012-03-30 22:10:07

I was thinking of Paul as a contender for least worst, but he still has connections with extremist racist groups, wants to arrest homosexuals, and he thinks knowledge of science shouldn't matter in the presidency. Though admittedly, being racist, sexist, homophobic, and anti-science is pretty par for the Republican course.

Picking the least worst is indeed like choosing the least painful way to be executed.

• edited 2012-03-30 22:16:56
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

wants to arrest homosexuals

I looked that up because it sounded out-of-character for him (I was open to the notion that it was true, though, because I usually try not to pay much attention to US politics and thus could have been wrong). According to Wikipedia, he doesn't think the government and sexuality should be related at all. However (this is likely what led to that idea) he opposed the notion that anti-sodomy laws are unconstitutional, saying that unconstitutionality was the wrong reason not to have anti-sodomy laws. Which I guess I understand, but I find the notion of throwing out a perfectly good argument against bad laws to be...odd.

he still has connections with extremist racist groups

Not to support him, but wasn't this proven false?

In terms of the policies the candidate would (if elected) try to enact, Romney's probably the least worst, honestly, because he's too chickenshit to do anything that's too insane.  Santorum actually believes what comes out of his mouth, Gingrich has an ego too big and too hard, and Paul advocates for economic policies that would set us on track to go back to the early 1900s, except with more plastic and computers around.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Paul seemed like a guy I could vote for. Interesting, since his local equivalents are the kind of guys I want to stay as far away from as possible. I thought I might see if you'd share an opinion.

• Paul's popularity on the internet is mostly attributed to his opposition to censorship, but they forget the other, less savory things he endorses and/or what he's associated with.

• I'm a damn twisted person

The problem with Mitt Romney is though he is essentially the real life version of Mr. Burns (from The Simpsons).