If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Watching a commercial for Internet Explorer 9

edited 2012-03-18 21:14:32 in IJAM
I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

uh

uuhh

uuuuuuuhhhhhhh

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Whuh?

I mean, it's included with Windows. Does Microsoft even get money for it?

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

> uses Internet Explorer

> hangs head in shame; thinks about suicide

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
    I love how they advertised it as some revolution in Internet browsing. Yeah, it is, if you use IE8.
  • No rainbow star

Apparently IE9 is actually better in some aspects to Firefox, which I found oddly unsettling

• I... doubt that.

At the same time, though, Firefox doesn't seem to have actually fixed any of its problems in any of the past six and a half versions, so perhaps that's actually a possibility.

• No rainbow star

^^ I hope they get to fixing it soon :< I'm still stuck on Firefox 7 because newer versions like to crash on me, and it's the only browser that displays tabs in a way I find appealing

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

yep

• lol, people not using Chrome

• I'm wary of Chrome due to privacy issues concerning Google.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^Meh, Google has everything anyway :P

• No rainbow star
    ^^^ Chrome displays tabs crappily
  • edited 2012-03-20 05:03:36

I used to use Chrome because of the way the search bar doubled as the address bar. I stopped when I learned there was no way to clear the search bar's saved searches.

Also, despite how it may seem sometimes on the internet, most people aren't part of the general nerd web culture and thus don't give a shit about what browser they use.

• You can change. You can.

I used to use Chrome because of the way the search bar doubled as the address bar. I stopped when I learned there was no way to clear the search bar's saved searches.

There's Incognito mode, though.

• I use Firefox.

Master browser, better than everything else, etc etc etc

• You can change. You can.

>Master browser

>Memory leaks

lol

• Begun, these browser wars have.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I like my separate search bar; I can choose what search engine to use.  I have over 15 different search engines.  ...okay, not all of them are actually search engines.  Some of them are pretty specialized, such as d20srd, mycroft project, and UrbanDictionary.

But yeah, I don't like a one-size-fits-all search engine since I can often jump through fewer hoops (worth of bandwidth and middlemen), leave a smaller trail, and get to my destination faster, if I use a specialized search engine.

• All major browsers, as far as I know, let you choose which search engine to use when searching via the address bar, by means of keywords.

• edited 2012-03-20 10:34:40
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think I had to define the keyword myself in Opera; it defaults to Google if you don't use a keyword I think.  I know I defined a keyword "ddg" for DuckDuckGo.

• Well, obviously.  But you also have to define most search engines yourself, so that hardly is worth mentioning.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I don't mean this is a bad thing.  Just slightly different.  Potentially better in that it frees up space for the address bar to display more characters in long URLs, actually.

• edited 2012-03-20 10:36:25

Yep.  It's also much quicker to type a keyword than it is to select a search engine from a dropdown list.

• edited 2012-03-20 10:57:00

Oh, I use Ctrl+up/down to select one, actually.

So it's Alt+D to go to my address bar, Tab to go to the search bar, and then Ctrl+up/down to choose a different search engine if I need to.  And since D and Tab are on the left side of the keyboard, Alt+D then Tab is like one continuous, fluid motion of my left hand anyway.

I guess it's slightly faster to Alt+D and then type [keyword] [search item].

• In Chrome, what I do for searching, e.g. Wikipedia, is "en", Tab, enter search term.

• edited 2012-03-20 17:48:04

So Chrome has a feature where it recognizes keyboard input outside of a normal realm of things?  That seems like it could run into lots of bugs with other text-input and keyboard-input features in web pages.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Look at this guy here, not using a Mac.

• edited 2012-03-20 19:25:29

Look at this guy here, ridiculing someone for not using a Mac.

Okay, seriously, what does a Mac have to do with this?

• I'm a damn twisted person

Glenn, you're surprised that a guy with "FuckYou" in his username is actin obnoxious?

Can not-Macs do the ctrl+opt+t thing too? I honestly don't know, I've used my computer for so long I forget how to do stuff in Windows.