If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A thread for puzzles and riddles.

edited 2012-03-06 00:39:39 in Forum games
One foot in front of the other, every day.

The rules:

1. There is only ever one puzzle or riddle active in the thread at one time. 
2. When the puzzle or riddle is solved, the answerer my pose their own brain teaser.
3. The answerer may elect to forgo their turn and give the opening to someone else.

And that's all.

A classic opener: construct four triangles with six matchsticks, and explain how this was done.  

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

That one is simple.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Build a tetrahedron.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

You would need glue for that >:|

• What's the next one~~? 8D

• edited 2012-03-06 00:57:46
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

You don't, there's something called wasting minutes on end to get perfect placement of the arists.

What's the next one~~? 8D

It lies behind stars and under hills and empty holes it fills. It comes first and follows after ends life and kills laughter. What is it?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I think I know this one, but it would be a bit of an anticlimax to answer it right now. 

it's a sword, right

youre right its a sword no that would be dumb

Darkness.

>:|

Yes, it's darkness. An old, fairly commonly known riddle.

In english, that is.

• Crap missed one.

Someone else post another. ;u;

Just to tide you over until vandro gives you one, I guess. Shamelessly stolen from a site because I'm tired as fuck.

What is the reverse of made cheese?

• Ohhh I love cheese puns~

Edam~~!

That was a gouda one. :>

:C

I have no riddles now :<

I only have easy stuff. 

A chest without hinges, key or lid, yet golden treasure inside is hid. 

... eagh, too easy? >_>

• The heart of a really nice person?

egg

EGGS.

Hope you've got a riddle or puzzle this time, Nova. >:|

There is a fairly common English word. It is nine letters long. Every time you remove a letter from it, the resulting word is still an English word. What is the original nine-letter word, and what are the eight words that result from removing the letters?

• edited 2012-03-06 06:21:07

nvm

?

There is a fairly common English word. It is nine letters long. Every time you remove a letter from it, the resulting word is still an English word. What is the original nine-letter word, and what are the eight words that result from removing the letters?

Oh-ho-ho.

A good one. :D

We'll see if anyone gets it by the time I get up tomorrow.

• I know what the word is. But I don't know all the words you can get from it.

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

I know "oranges" works (oranges - orange - range - rang - ran - an - a), but that's only seven letters. Nine letters? Not sure.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

a

at

lat

late

lated

elated

related

darnit.

• edited 2012-03-06 13:02:40
    No rainbow star

Dammit how did I miscount that word's letters?