If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

When you make a thread/post then want to take it back because you realize how stupid it is but can't

edited 2012-03-04 13:20:02 in IJBM meta
No rainbow star

*Has the sinking feeling that this will be one of those threads*

Comments

• No rainbow star
    :<
  • Just do what I do and blank out the text of your post but then everyone's already read it so there was no point.

Or something. 

• No rainbow star

^ But then I would feel even weirder as that would cause a whole lot of, "Well what did he say? It must have been bad" and :<

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

^^ I always wonder why you write posts in the first place, considering that most of them end up blanked.

• I wonder that too.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Postblanking, IMO, causes more problems than it solves. The other day, I saw a string of them that looked like some huge shitstorm had happened. I asked the other mods about it, and it turned out to be something really minor that looked awful because all the posts were blanked.
  • Sorry... >.>

You weren't the only one who'd blanked posts there :P
  • You can change. You can.

Honestly, all the advice I can give is that you should reread what you're gonna post before posting it. 

• edited 2012-03-04 12:37:37
    Loser

INUH,

Postblanking, IMO, causes more problems than it solves.

Yep, I guess it is better to not post than to post and blank it. I think blanking posts also seem to draw attention to them (basically what Icalasari said about wondering what the person said) which tends to be exactly what you do not want to do if you said something dumb.

That being said, I do feel like it can be kind of annoying when you go back to edit a particularly poorly worded phrase in a post and other people have already quoted it and/or pointed out why it is kind of messed up.

• I know that feel. The solution is having more self-control and rereading what you posted.

Moved to the IJBM Meta category.

• edited 2012-03-04 13:59:56
    No rainbow star
    Juan: I do. You have no idea how many posts and threads I've thrown away :<

INUH: Well, I wasn't only talking about here but ok .-.