If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Threads in the "general" category that I think belong somewhere else

edited 2012-02-22 01:15:57 in IJBM meta
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

though it's not always perfectly clear that they ought to be in whatever category.

> Internet memes in commercials

Since this is about how the media use internet memes, I'd have put this in Media.

> ITT: Post which song was Billboard #1 the week you were born

I'm pretty sure this goes in forum games.

> yuri and other such things

Lesbian relationships happen in meatspace, but the term "yuri" is rather specifically used in media.

> Steal This Book

This is pretty clearly a media thread.

a.k.a. ITT: GMH talks about the categorization of threads whose categories he kinda wants to change but doesn't want to because he doesn't want to look like a dictatorial jerk and/or he doesn't want to go into the thread itself which would cause the new comments and total comments numbers to become unequal which then becomes a visual cue to continue checking the thread

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Lesbian relationships happen in meatspace, but the term "yuri" is rather specifically used in media.

Naming the thread "lesbians" sounds dumb though.

Also, it's not really a big deal.

Also I think I was going to post something about the campaign for gay marriage in Australia in there, but I forgot.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Honestly, I often completely forget about categories when I make a thread. Is it possible to let users change the category after the thread has been created?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

You can edit the OP, and change the category there.

• I remember when Heapers' Hangout first started getting active and everybody would shove everything into General. AU and I meticulously moved them all at first but eventually we stopped giving a shit.

• You can change. You can.

ITT: GMH talks about the categorization of threads whose categories he kinda wants to change but doesn't want to because he doesn't want to look like a dictatorial jerk

Changing categories is not exactly locking threads, you know.

• Juan's got a point. I bet 90% of the people in a given thread wouldn't even notice if you did change the category.

• ^ Yeah. Just do it, Glenn.