If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Malk's not-great day.

edited 2012-02-17 21:48:53 in Meatspace
MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

So today blew. Let's go over things.

Yesterday my father told me that my sister wanted to go to the mall saturday and I would get to see a movie as well. Awesome, I thought. I'll see Arietty in theaters. Today I was informed I would be going today and my dad was coming along and he wanted to see a movie with me. Well, crap. He's not gonna want to see Arietty so we'll probably watch an AMERICAN movie. He doesn't want to see The Woman in Black so we decide to see (sigh) Ghost Rider.

The drive there was pretty aggravating because not only was traffic a bitch, my father had to start ranting about politics concerning Israel and try as I might, I couldn't contain myself from arguing with him and thus starting the day off in a bad mood.

When we got to the mall, my dad goes to take a nap and I've got some Christmas cash from relatives burning a hole and I wanted Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom for awhile so I head over to Gamestop. After about ten minutes of searching and getting grumpier I finally come to the clerk who is slow, rude, and somehow very familiar?

"Yeah?" 

"Do you have Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3?"

"I dunno."

After an annoyed pause I said "Well, could you check at your computer?"

Dude takes forever to type at the computer. "How do you spell Capcom?"

"How do you spe- nevermind. C-A-P-C-O-M." 

He gives me a dirty glare and starts typing then goes. "Nope, sorry. We don't."

Now, I'm not really proud of my reaction, but I was under a lot of stress due to the drive and beginning to feel physically crappy as well, and my reaction was. "What do you mean you don't have it? You're Gamestop."

"Well, we don't." he said curtly. "It's been out for awhile."

"You have new copies of Sonic 2006! That game's been out for six years! Marvel Vs. Capcom came out a few months ago! You have a freaking lolicon shmup over there but you don't have Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom?" he just kind of gives me a glare and then I go. "Gah. Whatever." and storm out.

As a cool down from my childish outburst and a bit of time looking around other stores, I thought about going back to apologize before I realized something. I had met this guy before.

IT WAS 'FAGGY ANIME GAMES' GUY!

I couldn't help but give a laugh and decided never again to support that gamestop where my retail nemesis lurked.

I had to go to Best Buy to get the game where the guy there was plenty more friendly. He even commented on my Zelda wallet.

So I come back and decide to use the cash my dad gave me for the tickets to buy a five o'clock showing. Now, I don't know, maybe it was the nerdy shirt but the dude in front of me started ranting to me about the prequels and how Lucas raped his childhood (real independent thinker this one) and he would just not take the hint, even when just pulling my phone out while he was talking he kept on blabbing. For some reason I couldn't bring myself to tel l him to piss off. of course, he keeps on blabbing while I begin to realize I've caught whatever malady my sister had.

Jackass of course buys a Star Wars 3D  ticket.

I sputter to myself for a bit and get the Ghost Rider tickets. 

Cue a call from my father twenty minutes later not to get the tickets after all. He tells me to refund them after I tell him I bought them and so I go and spend fifteen minutes arguing for a refund which I fortunately got.

The cherry on top was my sister utterly disappearing and not answering her calls until 7-o-freaking clock (we had been in the mall since 2)

Then there was the drive with my father being loud and angry while I tried to focus on the drive.

Yeah, a not-good day.

Comments

• You can change. You can.

IT WAS 'FAGGY ANIME GAMES' GUY!

I couldn't help but give a laugh and decided never again to support that gamestop where my retail nemesis lurked.

My theory that you're Jerry Seinfeld's confirmed.

• Why did I read this like it was a stand-up comedy routine?

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I guess my suffering amuses you?

• A Malkavian whose derangement is to treat life like a stand up comedy routine? That could work.

• edited 2012-02-17 22:05:31
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Admittedly, the lack of UMVC wasn't the clerk's fault. The fact that my game library has better organization and was a rude ass were though.

We call such a thing a VAMPIRE JOKER

• I don't know, I just reread it in Jerry Seinfeld's voice. :P

• edited 2012-02-17 22:11:49

Yeah, definitely comedy. So many idiots in one day.

"and how Lucas raped his childhood"

Take that as helpful advice to hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your husband cause they're raping everybody out there. 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

My theory that you're Jerry Seinfeld's confirmed.

NO GAMES FOR YOU.

• >my Zelda wallet.

YOU HAVE A ZELDA WALLET TOOOOO~!? OH MY FUCKING GODDDDD I LOVE YOU

no love for me ;_;

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Nobody loves you, Juan.

• I love you, Juan.

• It seems to stem from your lack of Zelda merch. /flawlesslogic

Let's go where NO ONE looks down on our love, poni. 

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Hell?

Cuba?

fuck off and go to malk, damnyou >:[

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

California.

Close enough to both.

• If I went to California I'd be with Buttercup.

threesome tiem, i guess

I wouldn't share poni with no one ;_;

• No rainbow star
    I have a Zelda (3)DS(Lite/i) carrying case :D

I have Zelda II and Zelda: The Minish Cap on my 3DS.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Minish Cap is pretty awesome.

I couldn't figure out how to get to the second dungeon, so I haven't bothered playing it since.

• I got those Club Nintendo posters. I've only gotten around to hanging up one, due to the lack of tacks.