If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Malking" (AKA IJBMer in-jokes)

edited 2012-02-18 21:44:19 in IJBM meta

Could someone here explain to me why MadassAlex keeps using Malkavian's username as a verb? Or any other IJBM in-jokes that so far no one has cared to explain to those too new to understand what they mean (e.g. me)?

Comments

• It's like sperging, but over a certain few subjects.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Malk and I have a habit of arguing over minutia and other silly things. 

This way, I can make him look like the bad guy and reference a children's cartoon all at once, so it's actually turned out pretty sweet. 

• You can change. You can.

I'm fairly sure Forzare's the one who made it up.

Did he? Perhaps I absorbed it through osmosis, then. 

I don't know, it happened so suddenly. I think it came from that thread about that horrible Star Wars trailer where Forzare warned Malk to not be Malk in the OP and then snowballed from there. 

I have to say, the phrase still amuse the shit out of me. 

• I need to come up with a way to turn one of my friends' names into a verb.

• I just realized it doesn't really work with my name.

I always assumed "Malking" to be like getting super excited about superheroes, or something. XD

• Has friends besides tanks now

Given the context, it's more like it applies to Star Wars, but I guess it could also apply to superheroes and vampires and stuff.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Zennistrad gonna Zen

Myrmidon gonna Myrm

Everest gonna Ev?

MadassAlex gonna Mad?

Waltzy gonna Waltz.

Everest gunna climb.

• Juan gonna Juan?
  • a little muffled

Juan gonna ju.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Glennmagusharvey gonna summon Lavos.

Saigyoujing?

Juaning?

Nyktosing? (Not playing creatures is the answer to this one)

Alexing (Swords swords swords swords)

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Novaing?

Hm.

• Juan: I'd say that Saigyoujing should be Aliceing, but that would also apply to CA and Black Dove.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Saijing?

• Why am I glad I never had a verb associated with me?

• No rainbow star
    Icing?

...Icaing?

Icaling?

Icalaing?

Icalasing?

Icalasaing?

Icalasaring?

Icalasariing?

Ok, out of all of those, Icaling and Icalasaring sound the least stupid, and Icing is just plain amusing
  • edited 2012-02-18 19:08:25
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

e

• No rainbow star
    ?

@Cygan: Nova gonna Nove.

That's it, I want to see you cosplaying as Nove.

Who?

Nove is a town and comune in the province of Vicenza in the region of Veneto, north-eastern Italy, with just over 5,000 inhabitants. It is located on the Brenta river, near Marostica and Bassano del Grappa.
    The town is home of a local network of ceramic industries.
    The name of the town comes from the antique Italian nove, in the meaning of "new". As matter of fact, the lands where the town is located were considered new because of the lowering of the level of the Brenta. The lowering of the river revealed soft lands rich of clay. The first artisans of the area started using the clay for the production of pottery.

/me lost it

...wait, in Italy?  So it's literally a town named Nine?

You want me to cosplay as a city?

Are you calling me fat :|

Hey, at least I'm not asking you to cosplay as an idiot.

But then I could just dress up as myself.

self-burn?

self-burn

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    INUHing? INUing? INing? ING?