If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"The #1 movie of the year!"

BeeBee
edited 2012-02-17 22:43:05 in General

Can we just sue the entire MPAA for false advertising when they say this about every single movie?  I mean we can observably show when they're nowhere near as successful as previous movies that year, to say nothing of when multiple movies are simultaneously advertised that way.

Comments

• MPAA doesn't have anything to do that. It's the studio's advertising.

• Oh right.

Still.  I mean that feels like a really risky claim to be making, whoever's making it.

• It doesn't say #1 in what.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Being #1 movie for a week= you can call yourself the #1 movie in America. 

• Happens in Canada too.

• You can change. You can.

happens everywhere.

• At this point, I just ignore critical blurbs. They use the same ones to the point of meaninglessness.

• edited 2012-02-17 23:20:48

It's all over really. Like the usual "4 out of 5 dentist recommend Trident" (brand picked at random)

They don't tell you it's "out of 5 dentists who would recommend a gum at all coz the first 20 just told you to not chew gum to begin with".

• I don't really mind as much when they at least say a movie got praise from a specific critic or magazine or something.  I mean at least at some point there was presumably a dude somewhere who said "yeah I like this", dubious as their tastes might be.

I highly doubt, however, that much positive was ever said about half the movies that use this line.