If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Micahel bay will direct Transformers 4

edited 2012-02-17 01:07:17 in Media

Yeah, the title speaks for itself. Seriously, why?

It's scheduled for a 2014 release, (most likely) since the guy is trying to get work done on another project. Kinda says something when the guy himself would rather be doing something else instead of starting right away with another one of these films, doesn't it?

The Transformers film series have actually gotten to the point where even Hasbro aren't really into it anymore, considering how they pretty much stopped releasing movie toys, outside of Asian markets.

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Yeah, the title speaks for itself. Seriously, why?

Transformers: Dark of the Moon grossed $352,390,543 in North America, and $771,356,453 in other territories, for a worldwide total of $1,123,746,996. It is the highest-grossing film of the franchise, and the tenth film to earn $1 billion.

• Yeah there's that, but the films have become inconvenient for the company that sells the toys and owns the franchise as a whole. Considering the merchandise driven nature of Transformers, that should say something.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I don't see how a billion cashbux is inconvenient. 

• edited 2012-02-17 01:48:37

Inconvenient for Hasbro, I mean. There's only so much money to make with merchandise when you're selling the same main cast over and over.

• They're somethin' else.

Snore

• There's only so much money to make with merchandise when you're selling the same main cast over and over.

Well it's not the exact same cast over and over.  I mean, like, Jazz died.

• ^ Yeah, but the recurring cast have been redone over and over so much already. And I'm pretty sure if one is not keen on spending much for toys, one is not likely to spend much on merch outside of those characters.

Anyway, there isn't much doubt that Paramount studios are gonna make a lot of money, but considering how Bay had to be talked into making another movie for like a few months, it's already off to a bad start.

I don't see why it's such a big issue. Then again, I've been ignoring Transformers movies until they're on TV since they started coming out. 

• I guess my posts sounded like I'm making a big deal of it. It's more bleh, really.

• Bayformers is best formers. Also, needs more human military actually being effective.

moar superior

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I would watch Transformers 4 if it were just three hours of materials interacting with other materials.

Unfortunately, Michael Bay is going to put a "plot" in there with "characters" and we'll have to endure a dozen more humping jokes.

• "Three hours of materials interacting with other materials"

That sounds like a very long chemistry experiment.