If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Neuroscience

edited 2012-02-15 11:13:09 in Meatspace

It sort of makes me feel like an alchemist around the time of the advent of actual chemistry.

Comments

• So, you feel as if your field is going to become obsolete?

• edited 2012-02-15 12:59:52

^ There's a lot of overlap between areas like the philosophy of mind and neuroscience. Stuff like "what is consciousness" and so on. I have heard of philosophers being involved in joint research projects with neuroscientists.

I think what Myrm is getting at is that questions that philosophers have never been able to answer through reasoning may be answered by experiment , but ask me about the details and I'd have to say "Lol I dunno." I doubt it's the end of philosophy. Aristotle's view of the natural world and, later, natural theology both got pretty well discredited by science, but that wasn't the end of philosophy.