If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Valentine's Day

MrWMrW
edited 2012-02-13 17:44:12 in General

It's probably the most despised "Holiday" in existence. To you, what makes it so miserable?

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

I think, for a lot of people, it's merely the reminder that they're single. That's the primary reason for me. >.>

Also, fuck Hallmark holidays.

• edited 2012-02-13 17:46:52
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

It gives me a reason to get expensive chocolate from my gf~~

e: Maybe I should actually read the first post next time

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Both the shoving of heteronormative values in my face coupled with implicitly telling me romantic success is the only key to happiness and the b'awwwing of forever alone types.

• About the only upside is that candy is half-off the following day.

• edited 2012-02-13 17:49:12
    Has friends besides tanks now

and the b'awwwing of forever alone types.

Guilty as charged. >.>

. . . Oh, holy shit, it's almost Valentine's Day already. I feel like it was just yesterday when I was bitching about this the previous year.

• edited 2012-02-13 17:49:10
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    The forever alones are what bother me the most. I just don't really care about Valentines.

^ get out
  • I think some people hate it just for the sake of being contrary. I'm more or less indifferent to it. It's just a fun little holiday.

However, obligatory:

• edited 2012-02-13 17:51:03
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

The cards can be cute (more the nerdy online ones than the store ones) but I don't see why those things have to be consigned to a single day.

Honestly, I can get people being depressed and lonely on Valentine's day. That's fine. I just hate it when they're obnoxious about it.

For what it's worth, the tone of the holiday itself also bugs me.

• It should be just another Tuesday to the people with a strong resistance to commercialized romanticism.

• edited 2012-02-13 17:52:07

"heteronormative"

This ranks up with "neurotypical" in my list of words that trigger persecution complex flags. 

On topic, meh. I've always been more of a Halloween fellow. Though I can express my love for chocolate, so it's not all bad.

• edited 2012-02-13 17:52:49

^^Kind of hard when everywhere you go is VALENTINES VALENTINE VALENTINES for about two weeks though.

^wat.

• But CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS goes on for 2 months.

• I have two midterms tomorrow, so...

Except Christmas is a cool holiday where you get presents that aren't just candy, and that doesn't shove romance in your face.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

oh its valentines day

eh

• edited 2012-02-13 18:29:47

>But CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS goes on for 2 months.

Christmas doesn't require you to have a significant other to celebrate it. Also, there's no shortage of people bothered by the oppressive presence of Christmas.

• I wish I was more of a loser.  Then I'd use Valentine's Day as an opportunity to buy chocolates for Yui Hirasawa and then eat them when I realize she isn't a real person.  As it is, I probably won't eat much chocolate so Valentine's Day is mostly unremarkable, since I measure how good a day is by the amount of chocolate I eat on it.  I think.

• I wish I could use earplugs tomorrow.

Do what I'm gonna do. Stay in bed reading, playing video games, and watching The Prisoner.

• Wish I can, can't.

School will get in the way.

Then again, there's some sort of cold going around my house.

For the first time ever, I wish I was sick. 

Pretend you are as well. Always worth a shot.

• Hmm...I'd better remind myself to stay off the site tomorrow.

Nowhere near as good as the first one I posted (dude can't sing to save his life) but I found it amusing all the same.

Though if you sincerely say the reason you don't have a significant other is because you're 'beta' go die in a fire.

• You can change. You can.

Do what I'm gonna do. Stay in bed reading, playing video games, and watching The Prisoner.

Tht reminds me, I started watching that and I wanna liveblog it, but my computer just kinda exploded yesterday because of a virus, so it'll wait.

Second watch, I'm guessing?

As for Valentine's Day, I pretty much don't care, really. I care more about Carnival. And I don't even like that either.

• For those who are sad for being alone on Valentine's Day, take consolation in the fact that you're also alone on all the other days of the year. :3

/adv/'s going to be glorious tomorrow.

I'm really not that sad because...

and so will you, IJBMers. So will you.

For those who are sad for being alone on Valentine's Day, take consolation in the fact that you're also alone on all the other days of the year. :3

That's mean of you. ;_;

/adv/'s going to be glorious tomorrow.

Oh, yeah, it is. SWEET!

• I...like Valentines Day...