If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Your favourite quotes

edited 2012-02-11 13:13:49 in Wonderful posts
You can change. You can.

"May the force be with you" -- The Bible.

Comments

• No rainbow star
    ...I almost went looking

...I'm putting this on sleepiness. I refuse to be this gullible
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.
    -Mark Twain
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

"With this technique, you will put a blood sign upon them" -- Fiore dei Liberi, being a badass.

• You can change. You can.

To steal from a friend,

"I warned you about history, bro!! I TOLD YOU DOG!" -- George Santayana.

• edited 2012-02-11 14:06:25

"Everybody betray me! I fed up with this worl!" - John Galt

• "They see me rollin', they hatin'" - Steven Hawking

• "Fuck these bullshit quotes!"

David Mamet.

• "Killing is wrong. And bad. There should be a new, stronger word for killing. Like badwrong. Or... badong. Yes! Killing is badong. From this moment, I will stand for the opposite of killing... gnodab."

• No rainbow star
    "Star Trek is better" - George Lucas
  • "I've...seen things, you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die." - L. Ron Hubbard.

• No rainbow star

A new favourite:

"Masturbate twice a day!" - The Pope

• "I'm a good, god fearing Christian...and I will KILL anyone who disagrees with me"

• No rainbow star
    Psst, TheConductor, these are supposed to be made up quotes
  • Has friends besides tanks now

^ They're supposed to be misattributed but real quotes, actually.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Mine was real and correctly attributed. :(

Actually, I wonder if the initial quotes were supposed to be quotes that were misattributed, but might as well have come from those sources. I don't know much about Mark Twain, though. Or the Bible, for that matter.

the joke was mostly to misattribute quotes, yeah. Mostly because I find the idea of Santayana's most famous quote being actually a Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff quote.

Also, Mark Twain's quote's actually by Chuck Palahniuk.

^ I knew that that was who Mark Twain's was by. I was just wondering if that's something Twain would have actually said.

• There was a thread just like this on TV Tropes where it was clear from the start (as in, through the title) that it was for misquoting historical figures for fun. Then again, they don't have thread categories like here.

• No rainbow star
    Ah

My quotes are made up
  • But you never had any to begin with.

"I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body, and fire is my blood. I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to death, nor known to life. Have withstood pain to create many weapons. Yet those hands will never hold anything. So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works." - Muramasa Sengo

• No rainbow star
    "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!" - Ghandi
  • edited 2012-02-13 16:24:11
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

"Less is more" - Robert Venturi

"Less is a bore" - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

• edited 2012-02-13 16:43:21
    (void)

"less is more"-Richard M. Stallman

• a little muffled

"I can see Russia from my house!" - Adolf Hitler

• edited 2012-02-13 21:16:16

^^^AHAHAHAHAHA-

Yeah. I have a modern architecture, contemporary architecture, and history of Boston architecture class under my belt: nearly every architecture class offered at my university in the past few years.

Teaching people about the Duck and Decorated Shed for the first time is fun. Pointing out what styles buildings fall under is also kind of fun. Having a crazy eccentric Iranian professor who refuses to divulge where she's from (we all made an educated guess on her nationality) and has a weird sense of humor but is good for an easy A is also fun. And we got to go on field trips!

I have no quotes, sorry. Maybe we need a separate thread for architecture...

• edited 2012-02-16 12:51:06

"Seriously, guys, who cares about all that architecture stuff" - Evergreen.

"I don't do politics" - GMH.