If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Women in the military should "expect" to get raped

edited 2012-02-13 16:37:34 in Politics
I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

-clicks-

-it's not the Onion-

D:

• How do you utter the phrase "raped too much" and not realize that you are being ridiculous?

• No rainbow star
    Oh Fox!
  • The fact it's a woman reporter only takes it to a whole new level of cluelessness, like all those chickenhawks who want to recklessly bomb countries to oblivion.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Fun fact: the woman who said this, Liz Trotta, also said this about then-Senator Barack Obama: "... and now we have what some are reading as a suggestion that somebody knock off Osama. Um, uh, Obama. Well, both, which we could."

• a little muffled

Oh, it's that moron again. Why am I not surprised.

• If the amount of rape that is acceptable to you is not zero, and you are not Pyramid Head, you need to seriously rethink your life.

(If you are Pyramid Head continue being the personification of violent sexual urges that we all know and love.)

• Well think about it.  Have you ever seen Liz Trotta and Pyramid Head in the same place?

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN

• You can change. You can.

(If you are Pyramid Head continue being the personification of violent sexual urges that we all know and love.)

but, what if my head is just pyramid-shaped

• ^ I think you need serious plastic surgery.

There is a point behind the stupid here. Obviously, rape is never acceptable, but equally obviously, some men are prepared to rape women, so if you have an organisation that includes both men and women, there will be more cases of men raping women there than if the organisation is single-sex.

However, using this as a reason to decry women being in the military is idiocy. It's not a reason for excluding women from any other organisation. The correct response is to run "No means No" campaigns there and to detect and punish rapists.

• >but, what if my head is just pyramid-shaped

Then you've been giving a little too much oral sex.

--touches the back of his head instinctively--

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

This is the kind of thing that makes my first thought invariably be "this person should get struck by something heavy", which I know is not a reasonable response. That said, Liz Trotta should probably be struck by something heavy. 

• EVERYONE GET THE FUCK OUT. I GOT THIS

Okay, did they deliberately pick Liz's photo to look like she's being smug?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yes. It helps to create a bias in the audience.

• ^ Practically all media outlets do this, unfortunately, which is why you see lots of photos of politicians taken in the middle of a speech, so they look like they're having some kind of seizure.

Still, it was a stupid thing to say.

• Liz Trotta, you haven't been raped enough, you piece of fucking shit. That's why you think the way you do.

That's all I have to say about that.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

What.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

andherewego.avi

nope.avi

• edited 2012-02-15 07:18:53

I guess I really do have more to say.

I'm not surprised by a Fox News representative holding such detestable views but I am surprised there isn't far more outrage about it. She shouldn't have still had a job by the end of the day. It's seriously one of the most offensive and disgusting tirades I have ever witnessed or heard of from a mainstream media representative, and that's saying a hell of a lot.

They didn't just capture her in a bad pose, either. She SNEERS as she utters the words "raped too much." She displays blatant contempt for women who have put their lives on the line to protect their country only to be sexually violated. Yeah, how dare those crazy feminazis not want to raped THAT much! Next they'll be asking not to be raped AT ALL! Haha, liberals, right?!

How is she even still alive after that one? Where is the angry mob?

How is she even still alive after that one? Where is the angry mob?

off respecting human life, i guess

• edited 2012-02-15 07:37:32

1) you know I'm using hyperbole to vent my disgust, like most people do.

2) she is showing human life about as little respect as you possibly can, short of raping it herself.

3) you know I'm still using hyperbole to vent my disgust. Don't read everything so literal.

In truth, I feel sorry for her. After all, you try to make it in the world of journalism when you're nothing but a rolling mass of centipedes in some kind of wrinkly meat-suit.

She works for Fox News, so she must know what it feels like to be raped too much. She was probably getting raped too much while she was talking about people getting raped too much!

That's why she's so mad about it!

• I can sorta sympathize with the gut reaction, but saying someone should be raped/killed is a tad tacky. She'll probably get enough of those in her mailbox anyway.

• edited 2012-02-15 07:47:50

I wasn't saying she should be raped, I was saying she clearly has no fucking clue what it could possibly be like or she wouldn't have the audacity to trivialize it multiple times a minute.

Nor was I saying I personally want her dead, but that her statements are offensive enough that I am GENUINELY amazed she hasn't been assaulted for them. I would have totally, totally expected people protesting outside her home by the next morning.

If her existence has ever been touched by tragedy of any sort she's clearly only turned it into a venomous bitterness for all of humanity.

you know I'm using hyperbole to vent my disgust, like most people do.

i am posting in smallcaps at 12:30am

and most people just swear to vent disgust

I can sorta sympathize with the gut reaction, but saying someone should be raped/killed is a tad tacky. She'll probably get enough of those in her mailbox anyway.

• edited 2012-02-15 07:53:59

Swearing doesn't adequately express the many fine flavors of contempt, it only seasons them, and best in small doses.

The trivialization of rape should have the social acceptability of white supremacy or violent gay-bashing, yet the Ku Klux have to dress like ghosts to keep from getting beaten up and she gets away with flapping her rugose visage right on the air?

Maybe some people aren't as offended as I am because they thought they were watching gases escape from a decomposing ham. Honest mistake.

I wasn't saying she should be raped, I was saying she clearly has no fucking clue what it could possibly be like or she wouldn't have the audacity to trivialize it multiple times a minute.

You did say that. Just because you didn't mean it, it doesn't stop it from having been said.

• edited 2012-02-15 08:05:38

"You haven't been raped to know better" is how you should have been able to read it, but it doesn't matter really, because while I'm not calling for anything horrible to befall her, I absolutely wouldn't feel bad about it. Not all human beings are human lives to me, no. Once they've shown a lack of sympathy for the suffering of others they deserve none of mine for their own.

Ideally she would just implode out of existence for no reason.

204 years ago when she was originally born.

• This could be a product of American culture's apparent inability to tell it's military to grow the fuck up and get with the times.

So much gets excused because "morale!" or "because war time!", it's disgusting.