If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

FUCK YOU CHRIS BROWN (The Grammy Thread)

edited 2012-02-12 17:29:48 in Meatspace
I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

FUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUUUUUUUUUUUUCKYOUUUUUUUUUUUU

So who do you think is winning tonight? I say that Adele is going to take a sweep for Record, Album, and Song, and Skrillex will win Artist because the Grammys are still trying to be relevant.

And Chris Brown? FUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUUUUUUUUUUUUCKYOUUUUUUUUU

Comments

• UGH GRAMMYS

DAD'S GIRLFRIEND WANTS TO WATCH THEM SO I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THEY SHOW THE RERUN OF THE WALKING DEAD'S NEW EPISODE TONIGHT AT 11 INSTEAD OF 9

I MEAN SERIOUSLY I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE NOVEMBER

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Grammys are a joke.

That said, fuck Chris Brown. 

Also, that sucks Waltzy. D=

I... uh... totally won't spam your inbox with spoilers...

>_>

<_< 

• You can change. You can.

>Caring about the Grammys

>Caring about the Walking Dead

>Not caring about such important things as "What is Juan thinking about tonight?"

It's decent and it's a time well spent with my father.

• Has friends besides tanks now

and Skrillex will win Artist because the Grammys are still trying to be relevant.

Why can't it just be because he makes good music? :>

• Everest: That would imply that Skrillex made good music.

Yes, and?

I think the third point pretty much demonstrates I'm not entirely serious, Malk.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

>yfw Nicki Minaj just came out of a limo with the Pope

Wait, really?

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Nicki Minaj came out of a limo with a gentleman in a bitchin' hat whom the announcers announced as 'the Pope', so they're either lying (which I would seriously believe over Pope Benedict being at the grammys), or... the Pope is at the Grammys.

I really, really want it to be the latter.

The pope at the grammys would make me go what the fuck and "Does he dance to LMFAO" for the next four weeks of my life

• edited 2012-02-12 18:38:57
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

That would imply that Skrillex made good music.

Let's please not argue over the meaning of subjectivity here. We've got important things to discuss, like the utterly idiotic guest list:

• Adele, who will be performing for the first time since undergoing vocal-cord surgery last fall (good)

• Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson (who is Jason Aldean)

• The Beach Boys, who will be reuniting for their first appearance in two decades, with Foster The People and Maroon 5 (yeah because the Beach Boys really need to share the stage)

• Tony Bennett and Carrie Underwood (good)

• Chris Brown (FUCK YOU)

• Glen Campbell with the Band Perry and Blake Shelton (boo)

• The Civil Wars (who)

• Coldplay and Rihanna (good)

• Dance/electronica segment featuring Chris Brown, Deadmau5, Foo Fighters, David Guetta, and Lil Wayne (what)

• Foo Fighters (good)

• Jennifer Hudson, who will pay tribute to the late Whitney Houston (good)

• Alicia Keys and Bonnie Raitt (meh)

• Diana Krall (who)

• Bruno Mars (good)

• Paul McCartney (meh)

• Nicki Minaj (good)

• Maceo Parker (who)

• Katy Perry (good)

• Bruce Springsteen And The E Street Band (yay)

• Taylor Swift (good)

• Joe Walsh (who)

the utterly idiotic guest list

you like at least half of the artists here what you mean 'idiotic'

• edited 2012-02-12 18:44:38
    Has friends besides tanks now

Adele, the Beach Boys, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj, Kary Perry

Oh God, get it all away!

/subjectivity

EDIT: My accidentally calling the Beach Boys "the Baach Boys" makes me want to see a band that combines surf rock with classical. Or a classically-inspired boy band.

• "Diana Krall (who)"

Canadian. Famous jazz singer. 

Joe Walsh (who)

Never heard of the Eagles?

Maceo Parker (who)

Saxophonist for Parliament-Funkadelic and James Brown's backing band.

Classical music remains the realm of metal, Everest. May it stay that way. =P

I love how everyone is pointing out who's who and most of the people are actually old fogeys on the business. Which was prolly the point, I'm guessing...?

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

you like at least half of the artists here what you mean 'idiotic'

I'm pretty sure making the freakin' Beach Boys play with a one-hit-wonder we'll never hear from again, featuring Diana Krall/Maceo Parker/etc. as well as others who have no reason to be here (Paul and Bruce released albums recently, sure, but why Alicia Keys?), and a grand total of 11 out of 30 bands with hits this year isn't exactly good planning on their part.

Whatever, my point is that the Grammys are stupid.

• >implying that any award show is non-stupid

I'd argue for the Oscars, but not very strongly.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
    Bruce was awesome because he is always awesome.

Why is LL Cool J hosting

wait, the awards haven't started yet have they

Yepyepyep

Ll Cool JJ just said a prayer for Whitney.

fucking live streams, man

Bruno Mars is very good

"Get off your rich asses" hahaha yesss