If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The homophobia based suicides in Bachmann's district.

edited 2012-02-05 09:20:59 in General
But you never had any to begin with.

Article

Not going to attempt to effectively summarise the article, since it's five pages long, but suffice to say, it's pretty heavy stuff. And, honestly, sickening.

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Tammy's suffering hasn't ended. In mid-December, her nine-year-old son was hospitalized for suicidal tendencies; he'd tried to drown himself in the bathtub, wanting to see his big brother again.

This is probably the most heart-rending thing I've ever read. I hope the families of the deceased find peace and justice, and that the policy makers are held accountable for the blood they've spilled. 

• Wow. I am at a loss as to what to say. This School District is fucking horrible. 

• You can change. You can.

No one would come to her aid for fear of violating the districtwide policy requiring school personnel to stay "neutral" on issues of homosexuality.

yes, because neutrality on homosexual topics means that you should just let your students be victims of bullying.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^I think what happened is the rules were so vaguely defined that they thought they'd be fired if they did anything, because that would of course be taking a side -_-

• No rainbow star
    I kept thinking through the article the pain I want to inflict on the people who forced the school into a position of creating that acidic environment, and the pain I want to inflict on the school board for having no back bone
  • @INUH That, or they wanted an excuse to turn a blind eye to the bullying.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

My guess is that one explanation's true for some of them, and the other's true for others.

•  

Hey, I get to use this gif again already.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Use it again in the next hour and you win a free box full of fucks!
  • edited 2012-02-05 16:04:57
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Some of the worst parts are the people blaming the suicides on the students being gay. 

"Youth who embrace homosexuality are at greater risk [of suicide], because they've embraced an unhealthy sexual identity and lifestyle,"

• No rainbow star
    ^ Those ones I want to shove off a cliff. Into a pack of wolves. That haven't eaten for a week. And are genetically modified to excrete a venom from their teeth that causes excrutiating pain
  • edited 2012-02-05 16:18:17
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

^
    Eh violence isn't the answer.

Re-educating people like the school board and the 'anti-gay' activists so they understand the concept of homosexuality/LGBTQ stuff being normal and realise that the blood of those teens is on their hands.

That's what I'd prefer.

• >2012

>Still linking homosexuality intrinsically with its subculture

Yeah, no, re-educating these people is not going to work. They're willfully ignorant. The best you could do is convince the school board that it's politically more opportune to listen to the accepting crowd than it is to listen to what is essentially a fringe group that is overrepresented locally. The only way you could convince the anti-gay activists is to show that their rhetoric leads to their disgusting spawn acting in an unchristian manner, what with the violence and name-calling, and that's not good for the reputation with the neighbours.

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Subculture linking?

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Associating gay people with the extremely flamboyant and deviant types. Stereotyping essentially.

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

I thought so, I assumed IA was using the 'implying' thing at me.
    So couldn't work out where I'd suggested that I'd linked it. 

• But you never had any to begin with.

The only way you could convince the anti-gay activists is to show that their rhetoric leads to their disgusting spawn acting in an unchristian manner, what with the violence and name-calling, and that's not good for the reputation with the neighbours.

But you see, it's perfectly Christian to bully someone to the point of death if they're one of those disgusting faggots! Somehow!

• Teachers tend to do roughly jack shit about bullying on the whole, so I can't honestly be surprised they still do jack shit about anti-gay bullying in a viciously anti-gay area.

• Teachers tend to do roughly jack shit about bullying on the whole, so I can't honestly be surprised they still do jack shit about anti-gay bullying in a viciously anti-gay area.

Good job with the generalization there.

• @Ghilz What part, the part where teachers turn a blind eye to bullying(I can't really say much about that, since I had an IEP) or the part where Michele Bachmann's district is viciously anti-gay(undeniably true)?

• "The teachers tend to turn a blind eye to bullying on the whole" part.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

That's a massive generalization.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

FYI Bachmann's district is the most conservative district in Minnesota.