If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

PTA Proper

edited 2011-12-21 18:10:45 in Roleplaying
If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
The Pokemon Centre was in turmoil. Joy was reshing around, trying to get all the people who had come in treated in a timely and efficient manner.

As she tried to explain to an elderly gentleman that she simply could not treat his Pikachu just yet, the doors opened. From the corner of her eyes, she could see Officer Jenny walk in.

"I'm sorry, sir, but you're simply going to have to wait." With that, she got up and walked over to Jenny.

"What's happening?" she asked under her breath. "I have over a dozen people here waiting to be treated. Usually, I see maybe one or two people an hour."

Jenny sighed. "It's Team Rocket again," she muttered. "They've entered town and are up to their old tricks again. They're heading towards the Gym now. Larry's over there, but I'm not sure how well he'll fare."

Joy nodded. "Thanks."

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Click.

Stupid camera.

Carrie looked ruefully down at the picture in her hand. Blurry. They always came out blurry. And kind of washed out. When she'd decided to bring a camera along to help document her memories and some of the cool things she'd see, she hadn't exactly sprang for a top-of-the-line model. Lousy stupid off-brand piece of crap. Still, it was better than nothing. She could easily make out Bob posing heroically in front of the Pewter City Gym. It just... lacked clarity.

"C'mon, Bob. I think this is the best we're gonna get," she said with a smile, dropping to one knee to rummage through her bag. Bob sagged in relief, apparently glad that he didnt have to hold his stupid bone over his head anymore. Letting the end drag on the ground behind him, he trudged over to his trainer's side.

After a few moments of searching (she always made sure to stay organized), she pulled out the tiny black book where she'd taken to keeping her photographs and slipped it inside.

Her picture secure, she turned to Bob and grinned. "Now, why don't we find that Pokemon Center and get you something to eat?"
  • edited 2011-12-21 18:35:49
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    A few moments earlier, Greg had been wandering Pewter City, Littorio at his side, not really having much to do. Then an old man ran past cradling an injured Pikachu in his arms.

"Hmm."

Greg stopped.

He looked in the direction the man had been fleeing from, then toward the Pokemon Center the man was running to. He couldn't see whatever injured the Pikachu.

So for a few seconds, he just stood there, as caution struggled with curiosity.

In the end, caution won, and Greg turned toward the Pokemon Center.

"Let's go that way."
  • No rainbow star
    "SnooooooorUNT!"

"Stop goofing off Snow, we're almost at the gym"

Charles adjusted the pack on his back. "God, what am I thinking? We should be in Viridian Forest, catching some Pokemon. You have a serious type disadvantage, Snow"

"Ruuuuuunt..." growled the small Pokemon before suddenly bolting and hiding behind a sign as some people walked past. Charles sighed and picked her up. "And so shy too!" he commented before putting the fairy right behind his head so she could hang on before walking towards the gym
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Greg and Littorio soon arrive at the Pokemon Center. Upon entering, they find it far busier than they've ever seen it. Surveying the crowd, Greg immediately notices Officer Jenny and slowly wanders in her direction.

"Um...e-excuse me...officer...what's going on?"
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Jenny looked at Greg.

She sighed. "I probably shouldn't be speaking of this to civilians, but... Team Rocket is up to their old tricks. They've come into town, and they're harassing people- stealing Pokemon and money and the like."

"We're not quite sure what they want in town besides valuables, but they're heading towards Brock's Gym."

"So far, we've heard reports of their being a Sandshrew, a Machop and a Misdreavus involved, but there may be more."

"Stay away from them, kid. They're dangerous, and they won't hesitate to kill."
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    "Come now, Phillip." Ray said. "We've got a lot of stuff to do tomorrow and I want to make sure you have the full seal of health approval from Nurse Joy before we go."

"Vulllll..." Phillip answered hesitantly. Phillip wasn't fond of going to the doctor's, but would listen if Phillip asked. "We have to go find those documents on the Sylph Corporation and the Team Rocket infiltration. If we find out about that I'm sure we'll get down to the conspiracy behind this entire thing."

Phillip gave a cheerful 'Pix!' in reply. He didn't always understand (in fact he very rarely did) understand what his master would always be going on about but it always made him happier to see him energetic and enthused. Phillip grabbed his backpack, and his notes and the two of them set off to the Pokemon Center.

The din was as surprising to Ray as it was to anyone, and being the inquisitive mind he was, his first instinct was to dash over and ask Office Jenny what the fuss was.

"Pardon me! Excuse me! Officer I know you're busy, but what is the commotion?" he asked, notepad and pencil in hand.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Jenny sighed again.

"It's Team Rocket," she replied. "They're up to their old tricks. Stealing Pokemon, valuables, and the like. We're not sure what they are after at this time, but it appears they're heading for Brock's Gym at this time. If you have any-"

A loud cry interrupted her as the doors to the Pokemon Centre opened. The Centre quited as a young boy, maybe twelve or thirteen, rushed in. A Geodude was in his arms, and it didn't appear to be moving.

Jenny pushed past Ray, no longer paying much attention to the investigator.

"John," she whispered. "What happened?"

The boy looked up. His face was tearstained, red tracks running down his cheeks.

"It's Brock," he whispered. "Someone from Team Rocket, they got in through the back door. I tried to stop them, but, but, I only had my Geodude, and, and, and they killed him. They killed Rocky."
    Greg turns around and simply stares, wide-eyed.

Littorio looks up at the limp Geodude and scoots a bit closer to Greg's foot.
  • No rainbow star
    Charles continued to wander around aimlessly, trying to get to the Gym.

"Runt runt snow!"

"Fine, we're lost! No need to get sarcastic with me!" Charles snarled at his Pokemon. She jumped off his back and hid behind a bush, startled. Charles sighed and went to the timid fairy. "Look, I'm sorry. I'm just stressed. You'd think finding the gym would be easier!"

Snow jumped at her trainer and clung to him, pulling him down with the sudden weight. "HURK! Snow... You're not exactly light... You need to stop doing that..."

Snow let go and Charles looked up, seeing the Pokemon Centre and the huge commotion over there. "What the...?"

He walked to the Centre, Snow close to his heels. Entering, he headed straight to the officer, seeing a boy with a Geodude that wasn't moving. "Erm... What's going on? Is the Geodude sleeping?"
    Ray sighed at the newcomer's lack of tact. He wasn't the best of talkers, usually more focused on the activity in his mind, than the din of conversation but he was aware enough to realize that the last thing the boy needed was more probing. 

Ray come forth and looked at the boy. "Leave him be for a bit." he said, trying not to sound like he was scolding. He pulled the boy to the side and quietly said. "He just lost a precious pokemon of his to an attack by Team Rocket at the Gym. I don't know about you but I think that with all the police being scattered and disoriented, they may need to help of some amateur sleuths don't you?"
    Greg steps aside toward the two, not knowing how to handle the situation with the Geodude's trainer.

"A-amateur sleuths? Th-that sounds kinda dangerous..."
  • No rainbow star
    Charles frowned. "Oh... I had no idea it was..."

He then looked at the boy. "Well, I'll help these guys bring the Rocket who did this to your Pokemon to justice! Snow will freeze them solid! Won't you girl?"

Snow was hiding behind a trash can, scared of all the people
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Carrie slung the camera's strap over her neck, and stood. She took one step... and stopped. She looked around. Then straightened her glasses and sighed.

"...Hey, Bob?"

The Cubone looked up at her, curious.

"...You didn't happen to see the Pokemon Center on the way here, did you?"

Bob sighed.
    "Yes, probably so," Ray said to the newcomer mildly. "An evil ancient conspiracy, an attack on one of the most respected Gym Leaders, risk to lose life and limb." Ray knelt down to scratch Phillip between the ears "And all stopped by a group of meddling kids and their loyal pokemon. Interested?"
    "Um...a-ancient conspiracy? A-are you sure we can do something like that?"
    "Come now, it will be fun." said Ray. He wasn't certain what it was but these two did seem very interesting to him. "Besides, if we get into too much trouble we can always run." Ray looked around. "Some more, ah, unproffesional aid would probably be a good idea to help, and certainly we won't go barging through the front door."
    Greg nervously looks around.

"O-okay...i-if you think we can manage it..."
    "Well, crap."

Carrie couldn't see the distinctive red roof anywhere, and she hadn't seen it on the way in.

Bob seemed to consider something, then tugged at her pant leg.

"Hm?"

Bob pointed at the door of the gym with his club.

"Oh! Yeah, someone in there will know!" She grinned, and patted the Cubone's skull playfully. "Plus, it'll be a good chance to scout out the battlefield. Maybe take a couple pictures. Plan."

She approached the front door and turned the knob.
    "Excellent. By the way, I don't believe we've all been introduced. " Ray took the two others' hands and shook them vigorously. "I am Hammet. Ray Hammet, and this is my faithful friend Phillip."

Phillip chirped out "Vul!" cheerfully.
    "Ah, r-right. I'm Greg. This is Littorio."

The Bulbasaur at Greg's feet smiles and lets out a cheerful "Bulba!"
  • edited 2011-12-21 20:39:12
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Nearly out of breath, matted with sweat, and beginning to stiffen with fear, Jackie ran with two full pokeballs on her belt to get as far as possible from Pewter City. She was on the end of the town that was further from the Pokecenter, and she had only just heard about Team Rocket's invasion. Jackie withdrew Mercer upon hearing of this, and her dad gave her his Zigzagoon--he had been in the path of Team Rocket, and his Zigzagoon decided that it wanted to be feisty. Since she could run faster than him, he left it to her to seek treatment for his Pokemon.

Passing the Pewter Gym, Jackie saw a girl with a Cubone turning the doorknob to enter. Having heard that the Gym was where the most recent incident had occurred, and that this had occurred maybe moments ago, Jackie yelled as she passed, then stopped to make sure the girl heard her, while counting herself lucky that she had stayed out of Team Rocket's way.

"What are you doing here?" she asked. "Team Rocket's in town! It's not safe here!" Panting every other word, Jackie rested her hands on her knees when she was done yelling. She only then realized that she might have been a little loud. She waited for the other girl's response.
    "Huh?"

Carrie turned, releasing the knob. Had... Had that girl been yelling at her?

"What?" She called back. Then she noticed how tired the other girl looked. And scared. She looked like been running to somewhere. Or... From something.

She jogged over, concerned. "Hey, are you okay?" She put a hand on the girl's shoulder. What had she been yelling, anyway? She thought it had been something about Team Rocket, but this wasn't anywhere near where she remembered their territory being. Weren't they in Celadon? She wished she'd payed more attention to the news before she'd left home.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "I'm--" Jackie stopped for breath again. "I'm a little winded, that's all.

"Anyway, Team Rocket's been through here. It's been circulating through town. They were just through this very gym. And they've hurt my Dad's Zigzagoon. I need to get to the Pokecenter. There are probably a lot of people there already; I'm surprised you haven't seen anyone." Another deep breath. "We should probably go, in case they come back. And I have to go anyway."

With that, Jackie ran in the direction she was initially headed in.
  • edited 2011-12-21 21:00:31
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    "They what?!" Carrie turned back to look at the gym. It looked so... peaceful, though. By the time she glanced back at Jackie, she was already running.

"Hey, wait!" She fumbled at her belt for Bob's Pokeball to get him out of harm's way, and took off after the other girl. "Someone could be hurt in there!" Carrie hadn't seen any kind of officials around... If Team Rocket had been there, it was possible that no one even knew. She wasn't particularly fast, so she'd have a hard time keeping up. "Shouldn't we go see if they need help?"
  • edited 2011-12-21 21:05:02
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Jackie caught the other girl's last comment and paused, nearly tripping from her own momentum.

"Ah! Dammit, you're right! I wasn't thinking! But I really have to get to the Center; I don't know who's in there, but I know who's here." She tapped a pokeball on her belt with her index finger. "Can you check inside for me? If you're not here soon, I promise I'll be back!"
    Carrie nodded. "I'll go take a look. Get your Pokemon safe."

She turned, then paused to call over her shoulder. "And see if there's anyone else there who can help!" She didn't relish the idea of bumping into hardened criminals all by herself. She wasn't sure Cubone could protect her from a human, young as he was, let alone a bunch of Rocket goons.
  • No rainbow star
    Charles picked up Snow and hugged her tightly. She let out a squeak and a puff of cold air that froze the moisture in its way. "Well I'm Charles and this shy Pokemon is Snow. We were trying to get to the gym but I got lost"

"Snoruuuuuuuuunt"
    "That's enough out of you. Anyways, I'm in"
    Glad that introductions were out of the way, Ray gave a big smile. "Right then, gents. It's time we were off, quickly but cautiously of course. If only to check out what it happening at the place." 
  • edited 2011-12-21 21:20:03
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Greg smiles nervously.

"R-right, let's go."
  • No rainbow star
    Charles was already almost out the door when he stopped. "Erm... Yeah, you might want to lead the way. I got lost last attempt..."