If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

PTA

edited 2012-02-29 00:50:57 in Roleplaying
If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

AKA Pokemon Tabletop Adventures.

I was thinking of starting a game for this. Either PbP or run via IRC- it doesn't really matter so much.

For those of you who aren't aware of what PTA is, here's a link.

I'm looking for three players minimum, four players maximum to play.

You can have basically any first-tier evolution of a Pokemon for your starter. It'll be about Level 5 >_>

Um, that's it. Just post your character sheet here when you're done, and I'll look over it and see. And don't forget to include the concept for your character, thanks.

The game will be taking place in the joined Kanto-Johto region, but later in the game it will be possible to travel to the other regions. Most of the 600-odd Pokemon in the game, including the Unova ones, are available, so... go nuts, really.

There is a plot, but I won't be telling you what it is. It won't be a very dark storyline, though. So... don't make your character like, super-angsty.

Okay, let's see.

Character Sheets:

Pokemon Sheets:

Malkavian- Phillip and Castle and Spade

Forzare- Bob

Everest- Mercer and Pillow and Typhoon

Icalasari- Snow

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'm in, of course. My character can be found here.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Natures add on a +2/-2 basis AFAICT. So Littoria should actually have 8 HP- base 5, + 2 Quirky, + 1 added point.
    Fixed.

And that's the largest gap ever between me making a TVT post and editing it.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm in too.
    Oh, BTW, aren't players in this supposed to list a few mons they'd like to catch over the course of the game? How many was it?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    You're in too, Forzare? Awesome :V

Alright, now let's decide then. Play-by-Post or playing via IRC?

And, let's see... INUH, here's Littoria.
    And you can list the Pokemon you'd like to capture if you want, yeah.
    I like PbP.

Hmmm...Ralts and Beldum, definitely, since I'm going to be a psychic/engineer. And Nincada, I think? I'm sure I'll come up with something else.
  • edited 2011-12-19 23:35:34
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    You're in too, Forzare? Awesome :V

-fistbump-

And I'd prefer PbP, yeah.

Poking through the Handbook and trying to figure out what kind of character I'd like to play now.
    Alright, PbP it is. That actually makes everything a lot easier :V

Ralts, Beldum, Nincada. Alright, then!
  • edited 2011-12-20 00:21:00
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Does the starter have to be one of the official starters?

And if not, would having a Scyther as a starting Pokemon be too powerful or something?
    They don't have to be an official starter, no.

Lemme check on Scyther.

Um, Scyther-

Hit Points: 7
    Attack: 11
    Defense: 8
    Special Attack: 6
    Special Defense: 8
    Speed: 11

uh

That's comparable to a Venasaur here-

Hit Points: 8
    Attack: 8
    Defense: 8
    Special Attack: 10
    Special Defense: 10
    Speed: 8

I think that's just a tad too powerful for the first part of the game, Forzare :V

I can certainly possibly give you the opportunity to catch one later, but I don't think it would be a good idea for a starter :V
  • edited 2011-12-20 00:29:15
    Oh

wow

okay

I haven't actually looked through the Pokedex yet.  I should probably do that.
    List of Pokemon that have been used as starters in any main game or spinoff.

Those guys should all be balancedish, though it's obviously Cygan's call.
    Indeed.

I'm willing to accept most first-tier evolution Pokemon, like Bulbasaur or, say, Elekid or Magby, but I'll have to say no to any second-tiers like Roselia or Charmeleon. Any non-evolving Pokemon will be looked at on a case-by-case basis, but I dunno :V

Also, I'm a nice GM. Try looking at it all in-character, I give out bonuses and stuff :V
  • edited 2011-12-20 00:35:54
    I am currently trying to decide between Totodile and Cubone.

Because those are my two favorite first-stage Pokemon that spring to mind.
    Go for Cubone just for its nonstandardness as a starter.
    Well, the starters are generally a lot harder to find in the wild due to widespread destruction of their habitat, if that helps :V
  • edited 2011-12-20 00:38:26
    I think I'll go with Cubone.

Cuz beating stuff with bones is cool.
    Well, do up the sheets then :P
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    How would you feel about a private investigator who primarily uses fire and psychic pokemon?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ I'm working on it.  :V

Also, I haven't anything decided on my trainer yet, other than that he/she/it will be a researcher, because why not.
    That would actually fit rather well with the campaign I have planned.
    @Forzare- If you just gimme the Pokemon and its' stats and nature, I'll do up that sheet for you.
  • edited 2011-12-20 00:45:24
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Is Vulpix fine as a starter?
    I have no problems with Vulpix as a starter ^_^
    Okay.  Thanks.

Bob - Level 5 male Cubone

Careful Nature

HP 6

Atk 6

Def 11

SpAtk 2

SpDef 8

Spd 4
    Alright, here you are.

You might want to be careful, as you don't actually have a damaging move yet :V
    wait really

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Yeah. You only have Growl and Tail Whip until Level 7.

Still, ask INUH. Pretty much any reduction in damage taken will be greatly appreciated :V