If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Accidentally stumbling upon a permabanned member's posts

edited 2011-11-26 14:08:02 in IJBM meta
No rainbow star
It gets disconcerting, that's for sure

For example, I checked out General Writing Discussion and saw Chagen's posts. For a second I went, "He got unbanned?"

I also have the same issue with other threads and members, even when the post is ancient =/

Comments

• They're somethin' else.
    Dat feel
  • That feeling...

//memes for pedants

• That has happened to me on occasion. Usually when a long-dead thread is bumped.
  • Yep, me too.

I miss chuggles.  And Vorpy, and...  :_(

• You can change. You can.
    I miss no one.

:D
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Vorpy is the only banned member I miss.
  • ^
  • edited 2011-11-26 14:54:24
    I missed Shichibukai... ;_;

I forgot to correct for wind speed.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Thread needs a funeral dirge.

I'd miss vorpy were it not for steam, irc and tvt.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I'd miss Vorpy were it not for Mumu and Heaper's Hangout.
    Oh yeah, HH.

Should go there more often.

Also, is it just me, or we go down memory lane just as we go down drama lane.
  • edited 2011-11-26 15:17:57

Well, if forums were cities, we're that backwater town in the middle of nowhere.

And to reiterate my perspective, for most of the permabanned users, I am glad that we're finally rid of them.

• edited 2011-11-26 15:28:41
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    No Juan, you are the hicks.

And then Juan was an Internet hillbilly.
    So, banjo duel?
  • No rainbow star
    ^ As long as it involves the Dueling Banjo's song, I'll support any banjo duel
    To add to what I said before, I only mentioned Vorpy because she's the only permabanned person that I wish we didn't have to ban.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    IJBM: the song "Dueling Banjos" involves using pointedly-mooded banjo playing to insult fellow banjo players, rather than actual Devil-Went-Down-To-Georgia-style dueling of musical virtuosity.
  • Vorpy seems pretty cool. Never knew her, but she seemed okay.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Vorpy was the greatest troll and shitposter. And I mean that in an entirely positive way.
  • edited 2011-11-27 16:40:36
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Vorpy was pretty alright. I still see her post on TV Tropes sometimes (although she seems to post mostly in the TF2 thread, which I don't visit). And every single post of her is lame.

Did she suddenly turned into a boring person or something?

Anyway, Vorpy is pretty much the only one I miss.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    i miss talking about hipster shit with GLORIOUSLeader, but i guess that's a minority opinion.
    I liked GL. Shame about what happened and wish he hadn't snapped. He seems pretty chill at HH, fwiw.
  • edited 2011-11-27 17:19:54
    Has friends besides tanks now
    GL wasn't too bad, but he wasn't very memorable, either. Same with inkblot.
    I dunno, Inkblot bothered me quite a lot, myself. --shrug--

And well, Leader wasn't even a troll or a bad guy till he dropped that bomb. 
    I remember inkblot was a ban evader at TVTropes, but I don't really remember him doing anything bad here.

I agree on GL; he was pretty mild-mannered a lot of the time, I think.
    It was more his mannerisms, really. He wasn't a rule offender, but...I dunno. He hit a sort of uncanny valley for me, so to speak. Can't put it into words. 
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yeah, I liked GL before that meltdown.

I never really had any opinion on Inkblot.