If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The massive amount of snowcloning

edited 2011-11-17 11:45:39 in IJBM meta

It's starting to not be funny anymore.  Or am I alone in thinking that?

Excerpt that now, I started thinking that this thread might be snowcloned... which is hilariously ironic for some reason.

I guess my issue with snowcloning is that I get confused trying to lurk figuring out which of the snowclones was the origional one.

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    No, you aren't alone. I usually hate snowclone sprees myself.

This particular one I'm okay with.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Frankly, when a snowclone spree starts up, I just leave the site until it's over. The front page is just not usable when it's happening.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Meh, even the most pervasive snowclones are only about 5% of the front page at any given time...

• No rainbow star
    Honestly these snowclones are nothing. They could be a lot worse
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    It's still kind of annoying, to be honest.
  • a little muffled
    I really want to make "I keep thinking Forzare is a spell" (because seriously how did nobody do that) but I get the feeling everyone's tired of it at this point.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    But if Forzare is a mox, he /is/ a spell!
  • a little muffled
    ...True.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    The fact that 0 votes is an automatic 5 is kinda odd.
  • edited 2011-11-17 13:32:01
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "Frankly, when a snowclone spree starts up, I just leave the site until it's over. The front page is just not usable when it's happening."

There aren't enough that the site is rendered "unusable" (just look past titles starting with "I keep thinking" (unless they have tons of posts, because that might mean drama, somehow)), and frankly I would have liked your feedback on some stuff yesterday.
  • While I am not really going to say that snowclones make the site "unusable" per se, I tend to agree with INUH's and FrodoGoofballCoTV's sentiments about them. I mean, I feel like the idea behind snowclones can be mildly entertaining (and certainly preferable to drama and personal attacks and such), but in the end I think you end up with a bunch of threads that are just made for the sake of a single joke that is not really that funny (your mileage may vary on that I suppose).

Maybe snowclone titles would be better if they were brought up in the thread itself or in a games topic instead of making up separate thread. 
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I personally enjoy a nice overly long gag or overused running gag, but I'm gonna have to agree we mods ought to clamp down on these in the future.
  • Snowclones aren't just unfunny. They're annoying and tacky.

Just lock them already.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^Er...look at the rules thread.