If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

ITT Alex assigns IJMBers weapon fighting styles.

edited 2011-10-18 20:30:10 in Forum games
One foot in front of the other, every day.
Alright, who's up first?

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    Me?

inb4 Rapier
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    You guessed it! But a rapier has its limitations alone, which is why I've chosen...

... the rapier and dagger.

Wider cultural opinion associates the rapier with classical music, powdered wigs and awful German foods that Germans have hopefully grown out of. The rapier and dagger combination, however, is about dirty pragmatism. It's not the weapon combo that accompanies pisspot nobles in large estates. This combination comes with a shroud of cigarette smoke, filthy blues rock and an attitude of efficiency. In most of Europe, rapiers were a duelling curiosity and a fashion statement, but the Spanish turned that on its head and made the rapier -- along with all its weapon combinations -- tools of deadliest warfare. If you just have to look good cutting through dozens of Englishmen or Frenchmen, there is no finer main weapon than the rapier, and no weapon serves the rapier quite so well as the dagger.
  • Do me do me do me!

-crosses fingers for "angry club"-
    @Legionnaire

The warhammer is a simple weapon, but war demands simplicity from its tools. Fans of fantasy media might be disappointed with the small heads on real examples of such weapons, but they simply render it deadlier, as it concentrates the force of each strike into a smaller area. If the hammerhead wasn't enough, check out that brutal fucking pick. God damn. Sure, swords might be faster, and more versatile. Spears, too. Axes have cutting edges. But if there was ever a truly reliable weapon against knights in the field, this is it. Warhammers care nothing for even the heaviest armour, The philosophy of this weapon is to strike hard and strike directly and, perhaps most importantly, strike again. You might not even dent the armour, but that force is going through. That knight will stop moving. And when his friends open up that armour, all they'll find is chunks of bone swimming in liquified corpse matter.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    it looks

like an ice pick

:x
    Where do you think ice picks come from, eh? >:D
  • They're somethin' else.
    HEY! C'MON C'MON!
  • it looks

like an ice pick

It doesn't even look that nice.
  • Hello Thread ^_^
  • $80+ per session
    :3?
    I'm on this shit guys, just findin' images. Might be a little while. But I'll get there.
  • Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy
    Do me next ^_^
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    mememememe
  • Give them pleasure - the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare.
    I, the Princess whom Alex guards, require a weapon for my protection!

:3
  • edited 2011-10-16 09:11:22
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    @Cygan

The classic.

The single-handed arming sword. Perhaps the longsword is faster, owing to its two-handed hilt. Perhaps it's stronger for the same reason. It's also lengthier. But the single-handed arming sword has a particular versatility to it. It has the thick, double-edged cutting blade, the thrusting point and the blunt-strike pommel without the need to commit both hands. Dagger, shield or gun can be used in the off hand or you can simply use your free hand for the grapple. No matter what you choose, you have a fighting chance. And that's the strength of straight, double-edged swords, particularly of the Medieval variety. They're built to fight all comers, having no particular strengths of their own while avoiding weakness. This is the weapon of the pragmatist.

And they're just so damn cool.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    Gimme one. Something interesting.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    whoah

You mean I can be sharp and blunt when required, and can also be used to thwap people over the head, as well as not being particularly easy to break?
    @Schitzo

Have a polearm.

The halberd is the original schitz Swiss army weapon. It's an axe and a spear. It can also be a hammer, and a hook. This is one of the simplest, most effective weapons of past eras, brilliant in the cut and thrust with brilliant reach. Its simple design allows it to be used essentially as any individual combatant wishes; a swordsman and a spearman might use it in entirely different ways while being equally effective. That's versatility for the ages. And did you know that some Renaissance blacksmiths hid guns in these things? I'm not even fucking joking. You could pull a lever and BAM, two barrels of bloody wheellock glory. Fuck yeah.

So here's to the halberd. It's not only a spear, an axe, a hammer, a hook and a staff. Because sometimes, it's a gun, too.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Do me :D
    Ian.

You're supposed to be straight.
    He's bi, I think
    I'll make sure to choose Ian a curved weapon, lol.
    But how can he moderate the site if he's gay

i thought the administration hated homosexuality
    but

but

i am a lesbian :<

how would that work
  • ...I guess I will ask to get a weapon, if you would be so kind.
    ^^ Your weapon comes from a time without lesbians! :D

Logic.
  • ^ [Deep voiced trailer guy] "In a time before lesbians, she's a chick...and so's she. They fight crime. With polearms."
  • edited 2011-10-16 10:04:00
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Yes I'm bi, also 'do me' clearly indicating I would like a weapon chosen for me rather than sex as I've got a girlfriend, but I don't have a unique weapon fighting style(I am referring here to a real weapon not using it as a euphemism for my genitals.)
    :p