If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Chicks Fighting

edited 2011-09-29 19:11:36 in IJBM meta
$80+ per session
How do you make it non fanservice-ridden, without making all the girls ugly?

Comments

• You make it sound like this is inherently fanservice-y. Does not compute.
  • edited 2011-09-29 19:14:48
    $80+ per session
    I'm not saying I find it fanservice-y, but almost every example of chicks fighting I can find has guys enjoying it for that reason.

I suppose making the fight sufficiently cool might detract from it?
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Make the fight brutal, make the clothes ripping be acompannied by bruises and cuts.
  • Make it extremely gory, brutal, and bloody.

But that then appeals to another kind of fetishes entirely.
  • $80+ per session
    Hmmm, good idea.

Black Lagoon does that well.

Thanks.
  • Just don't have them covered in anything, and make sure they're actually punching and stuff.
    Those are not much fights, though. Mostly gunfights.
  • a little muffled
    Guys will be turned on by women doing anything. Don't sweat it. Just do the fight the same way you'd do it if it were dudes fighting.
  • $80+ per session
    Yeah, alright. I should mention it definitely isn't all the hair-pulling scratching stuff.

It's more like ultimate fighting, kickboxing stuff.
  • $80+ per session
    ...What?
  • Although, to be fair, most untrained "street" fights do involve a lot of hair pulling. My karate teacher told me so.

That's because it's something to be grabbed, and it hurts.
  • I dislike the notion that fights between two women have to be deliberately made to be "Non-fanservice-y"

• $80+ per session
    Don't blame me.

You can't deny that a lot of males that like women would go "lolsexy" when they see two chicks fighting.

But Nyktos is right.
  • You can change. You can.
    I honestly don't see what's pretty or good looking about women fighting

they should be making love, damnit

anyway, because societal expectations are in the game, then you simply should make it a phallic duel

bring in the swords
  • $80+ per session
    But...it's supposed to like fist fighting...Swords would completely change the game!
  • @Vivi.

That's why I did this >:(

Because you seem to think that a fight-scene between two women is going to adhere to the standards, and thus you might write to those standards.
    but really, stupid jokes aside, the clock on the wall is right, as she's bound to.
  • $80+ per session
    -sigh-

Well, I apologize then. I'm sorry if I came off as sexist or anything like that.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    A sword is pretty much a sharp fist. The "rules" are essentially the same; fist-fighting is kinda like two-weapon sword fighting with a more direct link to grapples. It'd take a while to explain, but they're honestly not that different. I guess the biggest difference is that one's strength has more bearing on the outcome in an unarmed fight, but even then, there are plenty of unarmed techniques that allow a weaker combatant to overcome a strong one.
    What's wrong with writing to standards?
    nothing, but if you want to avboid said standards and then try to work around them while thinking of them then...it becomes kinda complicated. 
  • Tell me Vivi, have you ever seen martial arts matches or taken a class?
  • edited 2011-09-29 19:55:00
    $80+ per session
    I know I'm not a sexist. I'm not. But why, for the last few days, have three females accused me of being one.

Yes and yes.
    I know I'm not a sexist. I'm not. But why, for the last few days, have three females accused me of being one.

maybe you should reconsider your views carefully?
  • $80+ per session
    But I don't have views that sexists have!
    It's a funny thing how we don't realize there's something wrong with the way we percieve the world till someone points it out to us

or till we sit down and think about it. 
  • edited 2011-09-29 20:00:53

That many?

I would guess it's because you are being sexist. Even one is worth examining yourself carefully; if three, especially if it's for the same thing, you should start from the presumption that you ARE being sexist, not that you're NOT being sexist.

It's much more likely that you are being sexist than that three women got mad at you for no reason.

EDIT:

But I don't have views that sexists have!
    1. You probably do (most people do), and 2. watch this video:

• $80+ per session
    But I see the things people get called sexist for believing, and I don't believe those things.

Maybe those three girls just misunderstand what I'm trying to say.
  • edited 2011-09-29 20:01:42
    Knowing your history on Tvtropes and here (namely your long-time masquerade), maybe you could start from there. I have a suspicion that has a lot to do with it.