If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Let's go on an airship! It'll be an adventure! (Swashbucklers of the seven skies interest digging)

edited 2011-09-07 20:51:48 in Roleplaying
MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
So about two years back, an ex girlfriend got me a Christmas gift that was a RPG book called Swashbucklers of The Seven skies. It's a charming game that focused on its system to be more on a narrative bent than a strategic one. It's a pre-steampunk setting with airships sailling on currents of air to different sky islands. The setting is made basically to have your Errol Flynn-meets-Alexandre Dumas-meets-Heroic fantasy. I've never gotten a chance to do more than one flesh-and-blood session,

so here's a question for you lovely IJBMers

1) Be ye up for a piratical adventure filled with magic, sword fights, and saucy lasses?

2)Do ye prefer to know the system or should I just be explaining the setting in detail and doin' a post-by-post RP?

3)What sort of swashbuckling adventure wish ye this to be?

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    I'm willing to sign up, but I suck at everything RP ever. Just as a head's up.

If you believe this is hyperbole, ask cygan.
  • probably human
    I have no idea how this system works, and I've never actually played an actual pen-and-paper RPG...

But...

OH MY GOD IT HAS AIRSHIP PIRATES SIGN ME UP!
  • No rainbow star
    I want to know the system! I THIRST for a pen and paper RPG!
  • I might be interested. Could you tell us more about the system?
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I'd totally be on this, but TIMEZONES ARGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH
  • No rainbow star
    Oh, you asked what kind of swashbuckling rp it should be

It should be of the swashbuckling variety :D
  • I'm a damn twisted person
    I'd be up for it.

Personally I think play by post with light reference to the system would work best for keeping the game moving and fitting into the timezone difference clusterfuck.
    Bump.
  • Believe it or not, I'm worse at Rp stuff, Ask AHR
    Welp, in my case it's more the fact that I'm not dependable. >_>
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    It's true, he's not.

I'd totally be on this, but TIMEZONES ARGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH