If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

TV Tropes's new ptitle replacement thing really work with usernames.

edited 2011-04-22 13:20:27 in Webspace
a little muffled
I mean, you can customize the title of your user page, but the uncustomized version still shows up on all your forum posts.

:(

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I bet if you posted this in Tech Wishlist, Fast Eddie'd be able to change that.
  • a little muffled
    Maybe. Maybe not, though, since it would basically allow people to change usernames at all (with approval, admittedly). I don't really care; I just thought it would be amusing if I could really become Nyktös.

Also, I accidentally a word in the title there; obviously it was supposed to be "doesn't really work".
  • a little muffled
    Oh my God, it totally works now! :D
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It looks like we also got redlinks for people who don't have contributor pages. Also very nice.

Though it seems to have broken ignore extensions.
  • Finally. Tropers should have Redlinks for names if they don't have any edits and a userpage, that way it motivates people to edit the wiki.
  • It doesn't really do that, it just encourages them to get a userpage, but there's no correlation between having a userpage and contributing to the wiki. In fact, it was pointed out that most non-contributing people from the forum paid lots of attention to their contributor pages. Furthermore, having some users have a red username has some negative connotations we really don't want to come up.

I'm all for giving people incentives to make contributor pages, since they help individualize others, and make spotting trolls easier, but this is just a bug.