If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Just how many people who think that Japan is full of animé/manga/videogame/pop culture goodness.

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

As I recall, he had quite a few. But I saw more of them on TVTropes.

-checks-

Yup. Still don't miss him.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I'm...morbidly curious...

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

And at one point he had a Konata sockpuppet who's posts he ran through google translate to make it seem like it was actually from Japan.   It talked a lot about how awesome Dantes was.

It was creepy.

HAHAHAHA

I forgot all about the sockpuppet.

• You can change. You can.

Man, Dantes was...something alright.

• edited 2013-03-24 17:51:21
    law of silence

• edited 2012-02-29 22:59:18

I wouldn't say it was creepy so much as annoying as all hell. 

Although the whole romanticizing a fictional character to the point you roleplay it and use said personification to satisfy your big ego (Or the big ego you pretend to have, anyway) is pretty damn sad alright.

• It would be funny in a point-and-laugh way if we didn't have to deal with him first-hand. Like if he was in his own little void.

Hey, he amused me even when I had to talk and discuss with him. Although there were times when he almost got to me and made me feel irritated. 

then again, that implies I feel anything that isn't irritation and we all know that isn't true

I didn't think he was one of the more out-and-out irritating posters (I can think of at least four I'd take Dantes over at the moment), but he did have a couple of gems.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I have to say the IJAM of Konata he wrote was pretty mjch my favorite thing he ever made.
  • I can see that. In the end, he's just a harmless idiot who isn't convincing to anyone.

• edited 2012-02-29 22:24:35
    Has friends besides tanks now

^^ In a point-and-laugh way, or a "hey, he can actually make an interesting self-insert" way? I don't remember that thread.

More in a detached amusing drama. Not quite point-and-laugh, more like reality tv.
  • edited 2012-02-29 22:26:01
    Diet NEET

>Do Japanese Culture as minor

>Study filled with peeps who ridicule first-year weeaboos half the time, stream animu and discuss shounen during class other half of the time

The most virulent bitchers are the worst weeaboos, hands down.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

IIRC he knew that Konata isn't real; he just really enjoyed the RPing.

• edited 2012-02-29 22:27:16

^^^Are you glad we all got tired of using sockpuppets here, or does that deprive the site of reality tv entertainment?

Yeah, I don't think Dantes was delusional. I just think he had a very annoying and histrionic way...of...well, being Dantes.

To be honest, he's hardly the worst person we've had over here (We all know who gets that award), but he was pretty damned close, in my opinion.

• edited 2012-02-29 22:59:08

It's still creepy the way they make such a big deal out of her.

• edited 2012-02-29 22:32:40
    You can change. You can.

I still have to meet someone who seriously does the waifu thing instead of jokingly, if to an unamusing degree.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

@DYRE: "Me?"

Me? (inb4 no)

yes, dyre, you're the worst person we've ever had in the history of ever. Your threads all end in glorious shitstorms and whenever you enter a thread, it suddenly has shittons of activity because we all come swooping in to reply to your points.

indeed, you are nothing but the very worst thing in the history of things

for shame, dyre

for shame

• edited 2012-02-29 22:50:39

• edited 2012-02-29 23:47:17

Inappropriately worded.

• edited 2012-02-29 22:50:47

• Get therapy. Do you live in a place with a working healthcare system?

• edited 2012-02-29 22:53:11

^^^ Fine.  Blanked my post.  Though, not because you don't want to hear about it.  Just because I really shouldn't be posting here at all right now and anything I'd say is dumb.

You know, Abyss, when someone expresses concern about issues concerning where they're emotionally going, there are a number of acceptable responses.

Yours wasn't one of them.