If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Holiday season game sales: Humble Bundle 4, Steam, Good Old Games, GamersGate, etc.

edited 2011-12-21 18:17:30 in IJAM
Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
It's time for another Humble Bundle! To those who don't know what this is, it's a charity sale where various indie games are sold at any price you want (down to 1 cent). All profits are given to either the developers, various charities, or to the Humble Bundle itself. How much money goes to each is also up to you.

Let's cut to the chase, the games being sold are:

• BIT.TRIP RUNNER
  • Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony
  • Nightsky
  • Shank
  • Super Meat Boy

And if you pay more than the average ($4.59 USD last I checked) you also get:

• Gratuitous Space Battles
  • Cave Story+

tldr;

ALSO!

Steam's holiday sale has started! Until January 1st Steam will be offering ridiculous discounts every day. You can also do achievements for certain games and receive gifts. These gifts may contain coupons for additional discounts, lumps of coal that can be redeemed in a raffle later or be crafted into gifts, or even full games!

ALSO ALSO!

GOG.com (aka Good Old Games), is selling pretty much their entire stock half off. For those who don't know, GOG.com specializes in selling old PC games (and the occasional modern one, like The Witcher), cheap, and DRM free. Including classics like Fallout 1 and 2, the Baldur's Gate series, and Planescape Torment.

Comments

• edited 2011-12-13 13:23:24

I have BIT.TRIP RUNNER on WiiWare already. It seems to be most people's favourite BIT.TRIP game, but I personally rank BEAT and VOID ahead. That being said, it is definitely very worthwhile: simple to learn, but tricky to master (though not to the same degree as some of the others).

What I liked the most about the BIT.TRIP games is how they manage to hypnotize you into a trance-like state where your focus is fully on the pattern. And with enough practice, your hands instinctively know what to do.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Aww, I was hoping I could buy my friend Aquaria already.

As of right now, the only game I want from that list is Cave Story Plus.
  • edited 2011-12-13 15:21:34
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Like I said on Google +, I'm interested in a few of the games, but not CS+, since I've already played the original version and I don't think it's a game worth playing again.
    lol you're my opposite
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I played the game through, and I liked it, but the new graphics, to me, look worse than the old ones, and the multiple endings are really poorly-implemented.

I guess it's a bit above average.
  • No rainbow star
    Want me to buy you it, funnyguts?
  • No rainbow star
    :3
    Can someone tell me about the games in this bundle other than CS+, and why they're worth my money?
    Wait, I just realized a BIG problem.

I can't donate to EFF.
  • edited 2011-12-14 02:41:28
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I'm slightly annoyed that Child's Play is on there but not EFF.  EFF's goals are, at least in my opinion, more important than Child's Play's.

That said, I'm probably not buying this bundle anyway, unless it falls below $5 and eventually contains Aquaria, in which case I'm gifting it to another friend.  Not really interested in any of these games other than CS+.  (Unlike last time, when I wanted Aquaria AND Crayon Physics Deluxe.)
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    >first humble bundle to really interest me
    >go to website to buy it
    >firefox shuts down
    >VIRUS
    >spend like three hours getting rid of it
    >open firefox to try to buy it
    >laptop won't connect to the Internet
    >my iPod touch is fine
    >god fucking damn it

I'm pretty sure something doesn't want me to buy this.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^Well, you still have like 2 weeks.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    And now, if you pay more than the average, you ALSO get all the games from the Humble Bundle 3.

:O
    They did that last time too. I paid more than the average so I wonder if I could get a key to give to a friend.
    Just bought it, even though my good computer is probably going to be out of commission for a while.

I wonder how many of these I can run on a crappy netbook.
  • ^All you can do is download a few and test them out. 

^^You do get a key if you already paid more than average, but I'm not sure if it is transferable. 
    Last time, we had a Steam sales thread and I talked about a Humble Bundle deal.

This time, in the Humble Bundle thread I'm gonna talk about a Steam deal.

Recettear $4.99
    Chantelise $2.49
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Also for the Steam sale.

Dungeons of Dredmor + DLC
    For £1.37

Buy it.
  • edited 2011-12-20 16:05:30
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >Chantelise $2.49

Oooh, tempting. But I've already bought Just Cause 2, Dungeons of Dredmore, and Psychonauts today.

I guess I'll list the daily deals for today:

• Duke Nukem Forever (75% off)
    • Dungeons Of Dredmor (75% off)
    • Half-Life franchise (75% off)
    • Modern Warfare 2 (50% off)
    • Costume Quest (75% off)
    • LEGO Batman (75% off)
    • Recettear An Item Shops Tale (75% off)
    • Red Orchestra 2: Stalingrad (50% off)
    • Sacred series (50% off)
    • Theatre Of War franchise (75% off)
    • Tropico 4 (66% off)
    • The Witcher franchise (75% off for 1, 40% off for 2)
    And here are all the achievements for today:
    • Son of a Nutcracker: Hit an opponent with a snowball in Lockdown (Spiral Knights)
    • Holiday Dinner: Cook and consume two different kinds of roast in one sitting (Psychonauts)
    • Diggle Nog!: Make some Diggle Nog. Who doesn't love a nice cold glass of Diggle Nog? (Dungeons Of Dredmor)
    • Fighting The War on Christmas: Participate in a successful territory capture on Commissars House (Red Orchestra 2: Stalingrad)
    • Megalopolis: Reach a population of 1000 (Tropico 4)
    • In The Midst Of A Cold, Dark Winter: Lose at least 30, 000 ships in a single game. (AI War: Fleet Command)

It's both Chantelise and Recettear that are on sale at 25% of base price 75% off.

I don't think Carpe Fulgur is ever going to be as generous as they were last year ($5 for Recettear with four bonuses, effectively--they only got $1 before Steam commission per pack from that).
    Bastion is on sale until January 2nd, but I'm waiting to see if it goes down before I buy it.

And also because I don't want to play it until I can play it on the big HD screen anyway.
    Went ahead and grabbed The Witcher.

I also wound up with a coupon for 10% off a Valve game, despite having every Valve game I care about already.
    Do you know if those coupons stack on already-discounted games?
    They do, I think. Otherwise, there wouldn't be much point to them :P
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I was doing the Super Meat Boy Achievement and the GAME CRASHED RIGHT WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO FINISH THE LEVEL.

ALL. OF. MY. HATE.
    I got Psychonauts, but I don't think I have time to get the achievement right now...
    Diggle Nog crafted; second coal piece get.  I don't feel like playing Spiral Knights again.
  • Don't worry, the Spiral Knights one took me literally 5 minutes to get.

Also, only the Gold coupons stack on games. The rest can't be used until January 2nd, in other words after the sale is done.
  • edited 2011-12-20 19:14:46
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Is the SK achievement easy for newbies to get?  Can I get the SK-themed TF2 item in the same go as well?

And hi there, Firebert!
  • Hello there.

It's really easy for newbies, as is the TF2 item. After all, I got both, and according to Steam I have >2 hours of play.